• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mattitouk

Life President
I may be stating the obvious, but despite York's low league position, I don't think this match will be as straight forward as we hope for.... (Come to think of it, when are they ever) :smile:

If form is anything as a guide, based on "last 8 games":

York have the 4th best away form, winning 3 / drawing 3 / losing 2 - scoring 12 goals on the road.

V

Our last 8 home form is still a tad worrying: 2 wins / 5 draws / losing just once - scoring just 5 goals at home. (although we have only let in 3 goals at home, which is the 2nd best behind Luton, so at least roots hall seems to be a bit of a fortress to visiting teams).

Either which way, i think it's going to be a good game, with Southend edging a 2-1 win.

UTB :happy:

We do have more fire power in our side, fingers crossed we get to see goals in the right end!!

Simple really, start with same 11, but Barrett if fit in for Bennon Williams, done nothing wrong but need barretts experience. Midfield works well and front two looking better game by game. Take a 1-0 out of this.

There's no way Binnon-Williams would get dropped after his last 2 performances. Adam's going to have to wait for his opportunity IMO

Two great results, but please let's not pretend two great performances from JBW. Thompson and White have held it together back there and at Oxford in particular we benefitted from the opposition being shocking.

Still getting over Pompey before I can think straight about Yorkies. Same starting 11 for me please.

There some other tasty fixtures to keep our eye on this coming saturday that could help our promotion push if results go our way, namely:

Burton (3rd) V Bury (7th)
Newport (6th) V Shrewsbury (2nd)

and Cambidge might be able to spring a surprise at Luton, who knows.

Interesting to see both Creswell and O'tool scoring from corners yesterday. Oh to have a CB (or anyone come to that) that can score from corners!

Next sat will be a game for the weakest link from both teams .Weston v Straker .Sorry for knocking theses two but lets face it .Both are pretty poor

Interesting to see both Creswell and O'tool scoring from corners yesterday. Oh to have a CB (or anyone come to that) that can score from corners!

agreed, i saw that . If we could have just scored a couple of goals from corners when we had 10 plus in a single game might make all the difference come May

Next sat will be a game for the weakest link from both teams .Weston v Straker .Sorry for knocking theses two but lets face it .Both are pretty poor
I really don't understand why so many people don't rate Weston ? I think his pace scares defenders alone and ok his finishing ain't great and he does his best for us and would probley walk into any other team in league two:thumbsup:

Brown has shown that he will stick by players even when there are more experienced options. The lineups for the last two games show that. PB is obviously looking ahead and thinking he can turn BW into a decent CB. And then possibly get him on a permanent deal in the summer. Brave in many ways to stick with the lad in two away games but having done so unlikely to change it now. When AB is fit he will have to be patient. Hope that Timlin is retained but remember that for Burton at home Deegan was preferred. But Deegan will have had to sign a contract even to get on the bench. Jason Williams will presumably replace BBBC on the bench. Maybe no room on the bench for Bolger either. If AB is fit we will have strength in depth at CB. A home win at last would be so welcome! And a great tonic if one were needed for the trip to Shrewsbury.COYB.

Well this will be my first match since a 1-0 win against Stevenage in 2011. This will be my tenth match over 32 years and all the previous nine matches have resulted in Wins for The Blues.

So do yourself a favour and get down and put a few quid on a stonking Southend victory:happy:

Back