• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Stadium update please!

12 cinema comples ,180 shops and blocks of units ,could be a great money winner for the club

Not sure of it makes any difference or not whether it improves our chances of the stadium going ahead. But an article in todays echo mentions that the other planned 10 screen cinema complex that was going to be based off Lucy Road, have now pulled out of the deal. Athough the article does state that they are looking for new developers.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/13498746.Cinema_operator_pulls_out_of_Southend/

Cinema is a dying trend IMO.

The prices are insane and pirate sites are killing the need to go to a cinema these days.

Suspect the possibility of Cineworld having a complex at FF may have put them off the seaway development.

Cinema is a dying trend IMO.

The prices are insane and pirate sites are killing the need to go to a cinema these days.

I agree with you on prices, but not on cinemas dying. Last year Cineworld bought ourt a rival for £503 million to make it the second biggest chain in Europe. The company clearly thinks that the sector is not dying , stock market anayalsts agree with that view. This years profits are more than double last years profits (not totally fair comparison due to the above mentioned purchase) , But profits are massively up on 2013 as well.

The majority of analysts have Cineworld as a 'buy'

Just noticed some old warehouse is being demolished in Roots Hall Avenue backing onto the Roots Hall site. Does anyone know if this is related to the development?

UPDATED: Studying the Southend Planning website, I think this may actually be another development unrelated to Roots Hall.

Last edited:
Was there something in the Echo yesterday about Sainsburys Local moving into near Halfords on the London Road? They approached me for a comment but I don't know if it was used.

I think their angle was that Sainsburys are hardly likely to be building any kind of store on Roots Hall if they're building one a four-minute drive away.

Those contractors are proving very elusive. Have some common decency and converse with the fans Ron.

Also, noticed at Roots Hall one of the old buildings by the car park has been demolished.

Those contractors are proving very elusive. Have some common decency and converse with the fans Ron.

Also, noticed at Roots Hall one of the old buildings by the car park has been demolished.
Any sign of an oldtime striker in there

Could some kind, well-informed soul please explain the current situation? Thanks.
As far as I know the current situation is no new stadium, ROOTS HALL is fine for the mo, if a good deal comes along for the club (Sainsburys are out of it for now) then v good

It seems almost certain Sainsbury are now out of the equation. So where does that leave us?

How do Sainsbury re-coup the millions of £ in "loans" they have made to us over the years?....or are they simply written off?

Where are these new "partners" Ron was talking about and promised news about in June?

If we now no longer have Sainsbury pumping in money, how do we bridge the £1m+ annual cashflow deficit?

Where are the "revised" plans Ron promised to include the 4th stand, Cinema and dome?

WTF is happening with the dome other than getting rusty?

Why have the contractors not been announced, despite Ron saying they were sorted?

What is the latest with the S106 agreement which included various phased payments to the Council?

Who the hell "owns" the RH land now taking into account Sainsbury ploughed all that wonga in as advanced payments on the purchase of the land?

In short WTF is happening Ron?

So I have a brief update from the Council on the state of play.

The S106 agreement has NOT been signed, so NO building work can start.

There is NO valid planning permission in place for FF anyway.

NO new plans have been submitted for the FF site.

In short we are a million miles away from this ever happening.

So I have a brief update from the Council on the state of play.

The S106 agreement has NOT been signed, so NO building work can start.

There is NO valid planning permission in place for FF anyway.

NO new plans have been submitted for the FF site.

In short we are a million miles away from this ever happening.
Yep nothing is in place at all, we are probably as far away from a new ground than we have ever been. Do you remember a few years back Ron said everything is 95% sorted for the new ground! I would dread to think what the percentage would be now.

Back