• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

kjps

I'm new on here but you probably guessed that anyway.

I started going to Southend back in 1974/75. The 1975/76 season was my first full season and we got relegated but I didn't let that put me off. Dave Smith took over for the 1976/77 season and I went to most of those home games too. The 1977/78 season was when we got promoted back to Division 3. Great memories :happy:

I would love to find some details on those seasons (mainly 1974/75 - 1980/1). I'm talking about the starting XIs. Are they available online anywhere or can someone furnish me with them?

Thanks for the reply :)

I checked out that site but it doesn't have what i'm really looking for which are the team line-ups from those seasons.

Hello and welcome kjps.

I suggest you start a thread title something like " Help, teams of 75/76 line ups please".

There are several fonts of knowledge on this site who will be able to help but may not have zoned into this thread/title.

MG

Hi, welcome to the forum

A Century United is a good book about our history, not sure how detailed it is for the 70's, I ll take a look when I get home.

I checked out that site but it doesn't have what i'm really looking for which are the team line-ups from those seasons.

Welcome!

"Southend United Football Club: The Official History Of The Blues" by Peter Mason and Dave Goody has all our line-ups from the 1920s through to the early 1990s.

It's not the line-up for each individual match, but this site gives the line-up for each season if that's what you're looking for

http://www.sportsrecords.co.uk/soccer/soccer123x.htm

eg For 1977/78 it comes up with
Freeman Stead Townsend Hadley Moody Pountney Young Laverick Morris Parker D. Fell

Before my time, but some absolute legends there.

Back