• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The power cut schedules were printed in the local paper in a grid fashion divided into 4 hour squares.
Black block = definite power cut, grey = possible, white = no cut.

Exactly, my company has 5.3 billion in the order book, we are building all over London and new projects are in the pipeline to keep me and thousands in the construction industry busy well beyond my retirement. I could transfer down to Hinckley Point and almost see it through to beyond 65 if I wanted to. I'm playing around with the idea of re-training to operate the piling machines which would bump my money up into MP's salary country. If this is what Comrade Plastic Commie calls a crisis then long may it reign.

Again, there is no "crisis". At best there is perhaps an "issue".

You've obviously never had it so good, (to borrow a Tory phrase).

Many of us,however,are suffering and know an economic crisis when we see it.

We also care about people less well off than ourselves.

You obviously don't.Shame on you.

Says you living in Spain for the last 30+ years having got your free education and free health service before swanning off on your working holidays, not contributing to this country in any way what so ever. And you dare to say shame on me? You, need I remind you, are not suffering anything in this country. You never have despite what you try to ******** us all with. All you ever did was take and then some.

Feel free to ignore this one as well, Patriot.

Strange the FT reported on this study today and found that the richest had suffered the largest squeeze in income. The pay gap between top and bottom earners has narrowed. Surprised that isn't mentioned in the Guardian article.

Umm, you don't live here....?

Also, I'm basing my opinion on people I've spoke to from Directors to Bin Collectors.

Says you living in Spain for the last 30+ years having got your free education and free health service before swanning off on your working holidays, not contributing to this country in any way what so ever. And you dare to say shame on me? You, need I remind you, are not suffering anything in this country. You never have despite what you try to ******** us all with. All you ever did was take and then some.

Feel free to ignore this one as well, Patriot.

Umm, you don't live here....?

Also, I'm basing my opinion on people I've spoke to from Directors to Bin Collectors.

What on earth does the fact I no longer live in the UK have to do with anythng?

We live in a globalised world.Get your heads around the concept.It's here to stay.

What on earth does the fact I no longer live in the UK have to do with anythng?

We live in a globalised world.Get your heads around the concept.It's here to stay.

What kind of answer is this?

You saying how hard you have things in Spain is of no concern or relevance to Britain, despite the fact you chose to leave the latter.

I'm telling you that I don't (and nor do any of my other lower wage friends) see a cost of living "crisis" in Britain. If you want to extend the discussion to Europe or Globally then that's fine, but I think you'll agree is out of the remit of our UK candidates. Or at least, I would not be looking to vote on a government who spends their time trying to poke their nose in other countries' affairs, I want a party looking primarily after the interests of Great Britain.

What the **** do you really know about it other than what you chose to read? I changed my job at the end of September, knocked 26 hours of my working week and up'ed my wages by five grand +. So **** off with your continuous bile and contempt for this country, there is work, good well paid jobs and if the whingers and work shy got off their fat backsides, they might just find one of them.
We all have personal stories but they make up 0.000000something of the experience of a nation.

There is no "cost of living crisis", it's a total fallacy invented by figments of Labours' imagination. Nothing anyone will say to me on this forum will convince me otherwise. Maybe if I see actual evidence from someone I know, I might consider it as an "issue", but certainly not a "crisis"
Maybe we should accept this middle ground and call it a cost of living issue and fight the war on these news terms.

What kind of answer is this?

You saying how hard you have things in Spain is of no concern or relevance to Britain, despite the fact you chose to leave the latter.

I'm telling you that I don't (and nor do any of my other lower wage friends) see a cost of living "crisis" in Britain. If you want to extend the discussion to Europe or Globally then that's fine, but I think you'll agree is out of the remit of our UK candidates. Or at least, I would not be looking to vote on a government who spends their time trying to poke their nose in other countries' affairs, I want a party looking primarily after the interests of Great Britain.

To use a football analogy,try playing the ball and not the man.:pig:

i have now lived in Germany since 1990..but i still care & think about my family & mates back HOME, in the UK...and everyone,everyone...complains badly about everything in the Uk...less & less money,more hours,stress, thats if they have work,most dont..nhs,doctors etc,etc...so going by what they tell me, things cannot be very good.Whos fault,i dont know.we have had the looney left labour, new labour (Blair & his cowboy mate Bush), now tories(rich must get richer quicker)mob...but it seems to me the working&middle class people are getting screwed more & more

i have now lived in Germany since 1990..but i still care & think about my family & mates back HOME, in the UK...and everyone,everyone...complains badly about everything in the Uk...less & less money,more hours,stress, thats if they have work,most dont..nhs,doctors etc,etc...so going by what they tell me, things cannot be very good.Whos fault,i dont know.we have had the looney left labour, new labour (Blair & his cowboy mate Bush), now tories(rich must get richer quicker)mob...but it seems to me the working&middle class people are getting screwed more & more

Not sure you're friends are very representative of the UK population. Read a good article yesterday comparing the NHS to US healthcare system. They reckoned NHS was superior. They described the current NHS 'crisis' as travelling in a Rolls Royce but moaning it was travelling too slow.

hi Matt,but most of my mates are from "Sarfend" and they do moan about everything i said..ive got mates in Devon;yorkshire,,Lincs,Ipswich, where earnings are far less than London S.e England,they have problems...As for the nhs,they are doing their best,good people,yes maybe better than the U.S...but imo,we uk,look too much at the U.S,would rather we compare ourselves with say Germany,than the U.S....the yanks are also "going" big time rich-richer...poor poorer...we should look up at the German way of life,than down towards the American way...imo..

Perhaps because Barna is British on paper only now he should devote more time to lambasting and criticizing the state of his own adopted country than bashing and denigrating the country of his birth.

https://www.globalpolicy.org/compon...iticized-again-in-un-human-rights-review.html

As someone said on another thread. The basket case of Europe.

Edit: Oh look, it's even relevant and up to date :omg:

Actually, Spain in now officially out of recession -for the first time since 2008-and growth last year was 1.4%

Sorry no link but it was on TV1 here last night.

(Granted unemployment rates are still way too high).

So The Global Policy Forum are posting and making public out of date information gathered over many months are they. Out of date and wrong a day after going live with it is it?

Umm, yeah ok. If you say so.

Tony Blair said on TV there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, You know how that ended don't you.

Besides which the report is more about the severe and long lasting effect the countries austerity policies have had on the social fabric of the nation than fiscal points of order.

To quote....well, paste actually but you get my drift.

Over 30 UN member states raised economic and social rights concerns related to austerity measures in Spain. The discriminatory impact of health sector reforms -- particularly Royal Decree Law 16/2012 which excludes almost a million undocumented migrants from accessing healthcare services, save for very exceptional circumstances -- faced a broad chorus of disapproval. Many voiced specific concern around the exclusion faced by migrants in health care, housing and education.

People in glass houses n all that ;)

So The Global Policy Forum are posting and making public out of date information gathered over many months are they. Out of date and wrong a day after going live with it is it?

Umm, yeah ok. If you say so.

Tony Blair said on TV there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, You know how that ended don't you.

Besides which the report is more about the severe and long lasting effect the countries austerity policies have had on the social fabric of the nation than fiscal points of order.

To quote....well, paste actually but you get my drift.

Over 30 UN member states raised economic and social rights concerns related to austerity measures in Spain. The discriminatory impact of health sector reforms -- particularly Royal Decree Law 16/2012 which excludes almost a million undocumented migrants from accessing healthcare services, save for very exceptional circumstances -- faced a broad chorus of disapproval. Many voiced specific concern around the exclusion faced by migrants in health care, housing and education.

People in glass houses n all that ;)

The economic and social rights concerns, which are raised in the GPF report, explain why there were so many Podemos supporters peacefully protesting in Madrid yesterday.

There is obviously a need and demand for the end of auserity policies not just in Spain but all around Europe,including the UK, as Syriza's recent electoral victory in Greece has demonstated.

(quote) Actually, Spain in now officially out of recession -for the first time since 2008-and growth last year was 1.4%

Sorry no link but it was on TV1 here last night.

(Granted unemployment rates are still way too high).

Actually I didn't say it was. I said it was in a state and that you should look on your own (adopted) doorstep before citisizing the UK.

(quote)The economic and social rights concerns, which are raised in the GPF report, explain why there were so many Podemos supporters peacefully protesting in Madrid yesterday.

There is obviously a need and demand for the end of auserity policies not just in Spain but all around Europe,including the UK, as Syriza's recent electoral victory in Greece has demonstated.

I didn't query why certain countries had had an upsurge in one type of political support or another so why you felt it necessary to type that I have no idea.

I posted the link to point out that Spain, according to many, has some very real social, political and immigration issues of it's own, far worse than those of the UK. As raised by the concerns of 30 other UN states in the GPF report.

So can we take it from your last reply deflecting the actual purpose and point of the link and report that you agree with it? Or are you still of the opinion that the GPF were wrong?................Actually, you didn't say they were wrong. You just mentioned that Spain wasn't officially in a recession any more. Which had absolutely nothing to do with the issues raised by the report.

As you were.....
:thumbsup:

Back