Likes Likes:  99
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: West Stand Block W

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    Just as an aside Scott, why is there a need for an individual to "take it forward" , I am sure the guys who were around in the old days of the North will confirm that there was not one individual responsible for that atmospher
    e.

You have done a fine job in rallying the troops and taken stick when there has been issues but it does rather beg the question why was there the need for one person raise the atmosphere , I am sure everyone over in w are perfectly capable of thinking for themselves so I don't think you should worry about "handing over" , Concentrate on the family, and use the hour and a half every other Saturday as a time without having to run around after others, That break will certainly be needed.
    Fully understand what your saying but believe it or not it does take work to keep going how it is, things like website and social media as well as working closely with the club not to mention a big aim for us is with the potential new ground making sure we don't end up with a soulless place playing football in.
    Back then when terraces were more common place and football was much cheaper to watch it was easier to create atmosphere at the hall these days it takes hard work and money to pay for the drum and to maintain it, not to mention the 100 streamers we give out before every home game and where allowed at away games. It has done well from what smiffy started but we always need people to get stuck in, the problem is those involve are at a stage in their lives where they go off to uni or find a woman and prioritys change and you only ever get a few hardcore like myself that go still regardless that's not to say I am better then anybody else that's not what I am saying.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsblue View Post
    TBV would be better in South Lower,that is all.
    We really really would not!

Singers use to go there after the end of the North bank the acoustics are shocking and so is the view

Quote Originally Posted by mrsblue View Post
    Very true,

The lower only holds around 700 so would be ideal for TBV,families could either remain or go to the West,their choice.

We used to stand in the back row and the view not bad really.
    The ideal situation for me would be us all in the north bank with away fans either in South lower or
    North west corner or East blue yellow and red

It all comes down to segregation really and unless we can raise money to change it which is what I proposed before but the club still did not want to do it.

And with new ground still on the clubs agenda we can't expect the club to fork out.

I understand the consequences of this but for TBV to have the whole north bank placed right in the centre i feel others would come over for a view from the north and situate there more often creating a better atmosphere, however this does seem very unlikely. Although i do believe w block is a good spot for TBV and can generate fantastic amounts of noise only if others from the west join with chants and songs.

Jnr

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue View Post
    The ideal situation for me would be us all in the north bank with away fans either in South lower or
    North west corner or East blue yellow and red

It all comes down to segregation really and unless we can raise money to change it which is what I proposed before but the club still did not want to do it.

And with new ground still on the clubs agenda we can't expect the club to fork out.

South lower will only offer away fans an allocation of 700 plus to gain access to SL they will be forced to mingle with home fans so I cannot see that happening full stop.

Just a sudden idea popping into the head, will a permanent unallocated section in block X be a good place to situate TBV?

Jnr

That block really is used as a buffer when we get a large away following