Likes Likes:  99
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: West Stand Block W

Quote Originally Posted by davewebbsbrain View Post
    Why on earth do our own fans feel the need to fight each other?
    Perhaps to keep warm!.

Quote Originally Posted by simac21 View Post
    Does seem like no one is allowed any negative comments towards the blue voice section! Most of our fans would love an atmosphere like what Palace have at selhurst park but we have too many idiots and no decent songs!
    People are allowed negative comments but it seems highly hypocrital when every section other than TBV is usually silent all game every game. If they care about the atmosphere so much then why don't they come to the W block and try to make a difference. Anyway, from the W block today it seemed as though we made decent noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Danshrimper View Post
    People are allowed negative comments but it seems highly hypocrital when every section other than TBV is usually silent all game every game. If they care about the atmosphere so much then why don't they come to the W block and try to make a difference. Anyway, from the W block today it seemed as though we made decent noise.
    How is everyone bunching up into one block going to improve the atmosphere? Why not have sections in each stand and then w block can play off the south and east contingent. You have groups in each stand singing then you will influence more around to sing. My first season as a season ticket holder in 99/00 the south upper used to have a great atmosphere and lots of singing and that was when the football was a million times worse than what it is at the moment. Now it seems if you sing you must move to w block or in the north when the club allow it.

Blog Entries

The last three home games have been fairly flat atmosphere wise. It needs to be sparked by what happens on the pitch.

However, I take some comfort in the fact that Dagenham Kev came out with some positive stuff today for a change! The thing about him is, if you actually listen to some of what is said, it's probably pretty accurate. It's the manner and timing of the delivery that is difficult to cope with. And if he can be positive then we're on our way up, obviously.
    See fbm on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=fatblokemarge
    Follow the fbm blog - http://sowhogetscustodyofthenectarpoints.blogspot.com/

Founder member of B.O.O.B.S - Brown, Our Orange Big Shot

TBV are a valuable asset.
    But yes, they copy Crystal Palace (and all the other hangers on) with a crap song that is nothing to do with our club. STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!
    Be SOUTHEND UNIED ...not Eagles in disguise!.
    "If you're feeling inferior...make yourself superior" - Curtis Mayfield.

Then again, Crystal Palace copied somebody else.....(yawn)

Quote Originally Posted by jaffa1 View Post
    Probably did. But is is now seen as their song. It sounds awful...Palace or Shrimpers. Dire!
    "If you're feeling inferior...make yourself superior" - Curtis Mayfield.

The thing that makes me laugh is when the mouthy 13 year olds stand up at the front and turn and face the fans thinking there some sort of Eastern European hooligan!

Quote Originally Posted by jaffa1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Hogg View Post
    Probably did. But is is now seen as their song. It sounds awful...Palace or Shrimpers. Dire!
    What is the song, I've not actually heard it.

Life President
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by simac21 View Post
    Does seem like no one is allowed any negative comments towards the blue voice section! Most of our fans would love an atmosphere like what Palace have at selhurst park but we have too many idiots and no decent songs!

Of course you can have negative comments. I can't comment on your second sentence as frankly I don't understand it, What annoys me, and possibly others is the constant sniping at people who are 'doing their bit' . Other areas of the ground have 'supporters' continually shouting abuse at players according to some on here, but you don't hear general remarks that 'the east stand is crap because they all moan' as its clearly not true. As for the fight, personally I was watching the match and supporting the team so I cant comment on something I didn't see. Perhaps I have my priorities wrong.

I think our away support is the best in the league but to be honest our home support is probably the worse. No atmosphere and just endless whinging and moaning.

First XI

Quote Originally Posted by Romford Shrimper View Post
    The thing that makes me laugh is when the mouthy 13 year olds stand up at the front and turn and face the fans thinking there some sort of Eastern European hooligan!
    I was possibly one of these "13 year olds" (17 years old) who turned to face our fans at one point today. What I was trying to do was to encourage some of those in the middle of the block that I could see not chanting. Sorry for trying to do my bit to improve the atmosphere. It seems as though no matter what anyone does, it will always be wrong. Criticised for not boosting to atmosphere, and also criticised when some of us do try to encourage the support. Shame that apparently anything we try to do is not right.

Quote Originally Posted by Romford Shrimper View Post
    Or they are just trying to get others going and create some sort of atmosphere/passion why be so bitchy
    not always good but never ever boring

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Jackson View Post
    I was possibly one of these "13 year olds" (17 years old) who turned to face our fans at one point today. What I was trying to do was to encourage some of those in the middle of the block that I could see not chanting. Sorry for trying to do my bit to improve the atmosphere. It seems as though no matter what anyone does, it will always be wrong. Criticised for not boosting to atmosphere, and also criticised when some of us do try to encourage the support. Shame that apparently anything we try to do is not right.
    Keep it up son you guys put great effort in. Will be in w block for next home game For a sing song
    not always good but never ever boring

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Jackson View Post
    It seems as though no matter what anyone does, it will always be wrong....Shame that apparently anything we try to do is not right.
    You're learning about life kid. It just goes on getting harder and harder.......