• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

As someone who is over 60 I am very grateful for reduced prices (of which Southend are one of the best) and I am still working (sort of) but it is a time when you always have retirement in mind and whatever you have at retirement has to last you a long time hopefully, so every little helps.

OR

After watching 50 years of DROSS I feel we deserve a discount!

Totally agree DoDTS. I retired at 60 because when I started working 60 was considered an ok retirement age. If Southend didn't have reduced prices at 60 I would pay the price they asked, but they don't so I'm not!! You would do well to run Eddy.

I love the fact that over 60s are classified as pensioners, and make sure that every time I buy the old man a ticket it has SENIOR stamped all over it.

Given that their toilets don't even have running water (they only provide alcohol gel), this is an utterly ridiculous price relative to what you get for the money.

We're going by train only costing 19.60 each, and only takes 2 hrs 5 mins to get there!
1st time of going to Stevenage cant believe the ticket prices!
Non League Club charging League 1 prices

love the coaches but can have a drink on the trains plus work Saturday morning restricts getting to coaches on time

...some of us, not yet 60 (not quite) have been made redundant and cannot find work.

There are sites with over 200,000 jobs advertised...sure something there will fit.

Discounts for people over official retirement age, under working age and students. Can't see a problem with that.

I think the young person discount is also good for those who are not strictly students but are working as apprentices.

A lot of people think that the national minimum wage applies to all but a first year apprentice could, quite legally, be on £2.69 an hour as a lower minimum applies for apprentices; many companies pay more but quite a lot don't......

I know that the young person discount makes football affordable for many of our younger supporters.

Would be interesting to know if there's been any work done into the cost of football increasing in real terms over the years.

I think the young person discount is also good for those who are not strictly students but are working as apprentices.

A lot of people think that the national minimum wage applies to all but a first year apprentice could, quite legally, be on £2.69 an hour as a lower minimum applies for apprentices; many companies pay more but quite a lot don't......

I know that the young person discount makes football affordable for many of our younger supporters.

Would be interesting to know if there's been any work done into the cost of football increasing in real terms over the years.

All apprentices would be able to get a student card as they would be attached to a training organisation or college. Those doing "traineeships" may not be able to.

I've not seen anything :whistling:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/dec/21/glenn-hoddle-tottenham-kit-1982-shoot

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29614980

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...t-prices-rise-three-times-rate-inflation.html

Looks like they do, we are classified as Category A opposition (I kid you not) its on their website!!

I would say southend United are in the top three supported clubs in division 2 as we get closcer to the end of the season and if we still looking at a top 3 place I see us pulling 7000 plus at home games

we would easy take 700 to 1000 to stevenage even on a wet tuesday night game

£22/£24 isn't much different to what we charge and the football on show will be the same old dirge. Let's not pretend we go to football matches for the facilities? We go to watch the game.

Back