• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommy tucker

Manager
We have hit form just at the right time .I suggest maybe 4 clubs will be fighting for 3 auto places . SHEWSBURY LUTON BURTON AND US . .With points being dropped by many others .And us now closing the gap to just 2 points .A few weeks ago we was 9 points behind 3rd . Lets hope the run goes on .

We have been sitting around the top of the form table for some time now.

I've always been waryunder Brown we seem to have a god month followed by a bad month but we currently seem solid.

Getting a good result against Shrewsbury was a big boost to show we can perform against the top teams.

Still a lot of games to be played though.

This is usually our tough month. If we can get through that this time around I may start to believe.

I agree we're hitting form at the right time. In previous seasons we're looking burnt out by now.

That Luton game at the end of the season could easily be a decider for who gets top 3!

The big factor for me is strength and quality in depth, look at the quality on our bench last night. Then when you consider the likes of Prosser, Worrall, Teddy Smith and Bolger are still in the wings Brown is certainly spoilt for choice.

Wycombe have lost two big players, Newport are falling away - we just need one of Luton and Burton to pick up a few injuries now and I'm sure they would struggle. Shrewsbury the best side for me and they have a strong squad too.

I've always had faith in Browns method and always believed that we would challenge for the automatic places. We have had defensive solidity all season and we have kept a respectable postion in the league throughout, Phil has tweaked thoughout the season to improve things at the other end of the pitch without sacrificing our solidity. I had faith that we would get there eventually and was happy with browns evolution not revolution approach when many were calling for wholesale changes, we were always getting a lot right and even in the barren spells we were creating chances.

7 Clean sheets at home in a row with the fewest conceded, yes there has been many draws but this is the form of a club whose home ground is considered to be a fortress.

We CANNOT drop points against Accrington at home on saturday! We need to keep the pressure on the top 3. We still have games vs Burton, Luton and Wycombe, each being cup finals in their own right!

Confidence is high among both players and fans, but after so many "close shaves" i'm not getting my hopes up until closer to the end of the season.

7 Clean sheets at home in a row with the fewest conceded, yes there has been many draws but this is the form of a club whose home ground is considered to be a fortress.

We CANNOT drop points against Accrington at home on saturday! We need to keep the pressure on the top 3. We still have games vs Burton, Luton and Wycombe, each being cup finals in their own right!

Confidence is high among both players and fans, but after so many "close shaves" i'm not getting my hopes up until closer to the end of the season.

Agree! Seems as though we've been here for the past 3 seasons only for us to fall at the final hurdle.

The key is getting results against the top sides, if we can.

I think it's 13 games against sides in the top half of the table and we've only won two of them - Shrewsbury and Stevenage at home.

If we can win the big six pointers to come, then there's every chance.

Maybe a bit of luck, like Shrewsbury have had recently, would help, too. They've literally picked up six points at the death in the last two games, if you include their equalizer last week was worth 3 points, effectively.

This is usually our tough month. If we can get through that this time around I may start to believe.

I agree we're hitting form at the right time. In previous seasons we're looking burnt out by now.

That Luton game at the end of the season could easily be a decider for who gets top 3!

A big factor may well be the pitches. Thus far we have had good surfaces for the time of year. Lets hope that continues.

A big factor may well be the pitches. Thus far we have had good surfaces for the time of year. Lets hope that continues.

Our pitch looks like a carpet compared to some I see on the FLS at the moment. Ground staff at Roots Hall never really get enough credit.

With every game that goes by without us losing my confidence goes up and up. Still 16 games to go but we are in a good position, unlike col ewe and borient

We need to pick up points in February as I think March could be a tricky month for us - only 2 games at home (Wycombe and Cambridge - neither is a gimme) and 4 tricky away games (Wimbledon, Daggers, Burton and Bury).

How we perform in those 6 games could be the key to our season - if we get double figures in points, then I'd be happy with that.

Certainly should be our year given the backing the manager has had from the club in terms of players signed.

With every game that goes by without us losing my confidence goes up and up. Still 16 games to go but we are in a good position, unlike col ewe and borient

Indeed. That is just over 1/3 of the season.

I doubt we're going to keep this form up for 16 more games, so it is really a case of winning as many as we can, and minimising the losses.

wycombe and Loton are the two main home game that are must win games that will be tough .Cambridge we have already beaten away .So a double against them will be a must . As stated the last home game against Luton maybe the match that will put us up .And we owe them one after the away match .All we can do is keep the faith .

Apparently Stevenage pitch is terrible a couple of bits from last home match report:
"It was a very difficult surface and again we've suffered injuries tonight where players have gone down pot holes.""There's no stability at all. I'm stunned myself. I watched the warm up; every time they've made a pass the earth just moved underneath them. The grass has completely just tore up."

Apparently Stevenage pitch is terrible a couple of bits from last home match report:
"It was a very difficult surface and again we've suffered injuries tonight where players have gone down pot holes.""There's no stability at all. I'm stunned myself. I watched the warm up; every time they've made a pass the earth just moved underneath them. The grass has completely just tore up."

Portsmouth's was hardly good, had a huge patch of what looked like Sand on Halfway line

Back