• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommy tucker

Manager
It seems to be a long time now that we have read that SOUTHEND UNITED FC are in debt to the tax man and are due in the court to be punished or even wound up for tax debts .Also it is a long time since we have heard that players have not been payed there wages . And fans seem to stop pulling holes in the club and Ron Martin . Now like a lot of you I love my club .And am not a fan of uncle Ron but I have got to give the man a lot of credit .Because through all the bad times not once did we suffer a points penalty .Nor did we suffer going into administation . With all that in mind I really hope the worse is over and the club can now go forward on and off the pitch .UTB :happy:

I wouldn't say the bad times are over for any club below the Premier League to be honest. The gap between the divisions is getting larger every season and teams are still doing irresponsible things to try and remain competitive. This new TV deal will make things twice as bad and there will be a scenario in a few years where the same three or four teams are in the promotion places of each league and then relegated the following year, repeated until one of them gets into money trouble etc.

Although it does seem for us the days of HMRC chasing us and players not being paid are over - for now. Happy Friday!

I appears the bad times are over for Ron, itwould appear that he has his house in order and is no longer living from day today and actually has an element of control again. It has long been my fear thatthe bad times will really start when Ron walks away, too many question marksabout what sort of debt we will be in to Ron/Rons companies.

The bad times will be better when we get out of this god forsaken horrible ******** of a league!

The bad times will be better when we get out of this god forsaken horrible ******** of a league!

I really don't see being in League 1 being a whole lot different to League 2 financially. Most of the teams are of a similar size and travelling to exotic places like Crawley & Walsall really doesn't get me that excited.

Championship......now that would make a difference

I really don't see being in League 1 being a whole lot different to League 2 financially. Most of the teams are of a similar size and travelling to exotic places like Crawley & Walsall really doesn't get me that excited.

Our away crowds would shoot up, you wouldnt get many 50 away supporter teams coming down.

An extra 200 away fans per game is £4,000 a match on its own

I am absolutely not gloating here as I'm actually not that much of an Orient-hater (much prefer them to Col Ewe or the Spammers) but some might find this interesting. Looks like the bad times are just beginning for the O's.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/revealed-leyton-orient-in-turmoil-10043908.html

That wage structure was blown out of the water when Becchetti arrived. Darius Henderson, Jay Simpson, Jobi McAnuff, Andrea Dossena and Gianvito Plasmati are all thought to be collecting in excess of £7,500 a week.

If Orient are paying that for players they are on drugs....

I'd like to think so, but we really do not know. Being a pessimist (or a realistic) i'm concerned that one day someone (like Sainsburys ?) are gonna come asking for the funds we owe them, which we have been spending on players and domes etc. I hope i'm wrong !

Dare I say with Orient, once again foreign owners have ruined a club? Clearly lacking knowledge of league one and the fact that you dont pay 5/6 players £7500+ pw.

Dare I say with Orient, once again foreign owners have ruined a club? Clearly lacking knowledge of league one and the fact that you dont pay 5/6 players £7500+ pw.

Thing is if they are actually paying those wages, then as long as they can afford to its pretty irrelevant.

The laughable thing is they think some of them are worth it, and that its sent them to the bottom of the league.

Thing is if they are actually paying those wages, then as long as they can afford to its pretty irrelevant.

The laughable thing is they think some of them are worth it, and that its sent them to the bottom of the league.

But if i was a player from the previous year earning 2.5k, I'd be unsettled by the fact you've gone from a top earner to 1/3rd of the top?

I think that makes sense, i think you'll understand what im getting at! :smile:

But if i was a player from the previous year earning 2.5k, I'd be unsettled by the fact you've gone from a top earner to 1/3rd of the top?

I think that makes sense, i think you'll understand what im getting at! :smile:

It wont unsettle the player who gets it, but is harldly going to impress those that dont.

But in league 2 you are just one bad season from non league

Back