• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will you renew/buy a season card?

• Yes, I will renew

Votes: 84 59.2%
  • Yes, I am getting a new one

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • No, I am not renewing

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • No, I don't have one and won't next season

Votes: 33 23.2%
  • Only if we gain promotion

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Only if Brown leaves

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Bart/Abstain

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters
Doesn't matter how it compares to others, as supporters of the club we pay the money but if you were I neutral I honestly think that £10 a ticket would barely be value for money, the quality of football is awful more often than not.

Put it this way if you didn't support the club would you rather pay £5 or £6 for a couple of hours entertainment at the cinema or £20 to watch a game at Roots Hall. It's our passion for the club that justifies the price in our mind but to say it's fair value is ludicrous.

Just been advised that it is actually FIVE years that the season tickets have been frozen for....what else has stayed the same price for 5 years? Can't think of a single thing that hasn't gone up.

Tinks, the loos are being monitored carefully now, the floor in the cubicles is now at least dry and the sign has gone back up on the outer door. I will be checking them tomorrow! :winking:
Wages.........!

Doesn't matter how it compares to others, as supporters of the club we pay the money but if you were I neutral I honestly think that £10 a ticket would barely be value for money, the quality of football is awful more often than not.

Its league two, go and watch a Premiership game and see what you pay for the increase in quality.

Its a bit hard to compare some prices as other grounds still have standing terraces.
But this season I think we were one of the highest.
Not sure many clubs have announced next seasons prices yet, so cant compare for next season and of course we don't know what division we will be in yet!

I did a comparison the last couple of years, we are competitive, there are some cheaper and some more expensive.

You do have to compare like for like though, as you say some grounds offer cheaper tickets in terraces, but their main stands are generally the same.

Most other clubs have different price structures across the ground. We don't. You pay the same price whichever stand you use, wherever you sit. I think I am right in saying we are one of the cheaper clubs compared at the top price level but one of the more expensive when compared at the lower price level.

Thats where we do look more expensive as if you list the cheapest tickets throughout we appear to be the most expensive.

Its something I do think the club should look at, make South Lower or the corners cheap tickets. That way we give people a cheaper alternative.

Most other clubs have different price structures across the ground. We don't. You pay the same price whichever stand you use, wherever you sit. I think I am right in saying we are one of the cheaper clubs compared at the top price level but one of the more expensive when compared at the lower price level.

Correction - we are pretty much the most expensive in League 2, so this doesn't represent good value for money unless we gain promotion imho (which I will be royally ****ed off if we don't...)

Its league two, go and watch a Premiership game and see what you pay for the increase in quality.

Let us see what impact the Hamster's move to the OS has on us and others in the so-called 'catchment' - when they start charging £100 for an U16 season ticket and offering on-the-day walk ups for £30, then we can see how our season and matchday ticket prices hold up...

Correction - we are pretty much the most expensive in League 2, so this doesn't represent good value for money unless we gain promotion imho (which I will be royally ****ed off if we don't...)

I went through the prices beginning of the year, and we werent.

Let us see what impact the Hamster's move to the OS has on us and others in the so-called 'catchment' - when they start charging £100 for an U16 season ticket and offering on-the-day walk ups for £30, then we can see how our season and matchday ticket prices hold up...

It will be interesting, but they have the benefit of a massive stadium and massive TV money so they have the luxury of doing that.

Does anyone know if these prices are early bird prices or standard? I see that they increase if we go up, but no mention of anything if we stay down.

Just as quick comparison, against last years prices, Ive tried to use main stand and non-early bird deals to get a direct comparison:

Luton : £370-400
Shrewsbury : 329
Daggers : £400
Morecambe : £399-459
Burton : 332 (early bird, couldnt find standard)
Hartlepool : £399
Torquay : 415
Wycombe £392
Newport : £355-380
Northampton £410
Stevenage £279 East £395 West (Big difference?)
Exeter £400-460

Some of these clubs do offer cheaper season tickets for terracing etc, but for main stand seating we are competitive.

Last edited:
Reading the link I would say they definitely are early bird if we get promoted!

Yep they will certainly go up if we do, and looking at the prices of other clubs last year we are still competitive if we dont go up and the prices remain like that.

Does anyone know if these prices are early bird prices or standard? I see that they increase if we go up, but no mention of anything if we stay down.

Just as quick comparison, against last years prices, Ive tried to use main stand and non-early bird deals to get a direct comparison:

Luton Early : £370-400
Wycombe £392
Northampton £410

£399 for Hartlepool!! I think that's a tad much.

£399 for Hartlepool!! I think that's a tad much.

So much for the complaints about the quality of football offered eh...

They did do early bird deals at a much lower price but thats the standard price .

Luton : £370-400
Wycombe £392
Northampton £410
Exeter £400-460

Some of these clubs do offer cheaper season tickets for terracing etc, but for main stand seating we are competitive.

stevenage only have seats for home fans in the main (west) stand. East is just a terrace.

So much for the complaints about the quality of football offered eh...

They did do early bird deals at a much lower price but thats the standard price .

hartlepool's season ticket prices are the reason they are where they are i think.

a few years back, they did an experiment where if they hit certain targets, season tickets would go down to £100 each. they hit those targets and had over 7000 season ticket holders that year. trouble with that is that you could miss half the games and still get decent value, and that income meant very little cash flow week to week. their budget was more akin to a club with 2500 fans in league 1.

it also gave their fans unrealistic expectations of value, and so when season tickets prices began to rise again they had even less st holders than they did before. they now have very little money or fans.

I would happily pay £500 a year to see us back in the Champs, and £600 for the Prem.
When we get promoted the price won't seem too bad.

I did a comparison the last couple of years, we are competitive, there are some cheaper and some more expensive.

You do have to compare like for like though, as you say some grounds offer cheaper tickets in terraces, but their main stands are generally the same.

Thats where we do look more expensive as if you list the cheapest tickets throughout we appear to be the most expensive.

Its something I do think the club should look at, make South Lower or the corners cheap tickets. That way we give people a cheaper alternative.

South Lower is already cheaper at £15 or £16 on matchday for Adults.

Back