• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I remember when Swansea came down a good few years back. They were bottom of the fourth division losing badly and celebrating wildly when they got a corner.

Always found Norwich and Leicester pretty loud. Also, as much as it pains me to say it...Col U in our Championship relegation season. Ive always been underwhelmed by Orient, travel to us in large numbers but spend 90 mins sitting on their hands!

Leeds are scum, but they sang for 90 mins and about half an hour before the game last few times we played them.
They were bloody good.... Scum bags!

In the mid 90s I remember WBA going crazy with the whole 'boing boing, Baggies Baggies' thing. One of them took it too far and jumped over the metal caged fences. I think he got badly hurt.

Yes I remember the Baggies too, the noise from the North stand was quite deffening and mostly in unison too. That year the championship was not only difficult from the standard of oppostion but the numbers they would bring very often turning RH into an away fixture for us.

Yes I remember the Baggies too, the noise from the North stand was quite deffening and mostly in unison too. That year the championship was not only difficult from the standard of oppostion but the numbers they would bring very often turning RH into an away fixture for us.

I don't remember anything about the Newcastle fans from that fabulous lunch-time game. I don't suppose Brett scoring after 2 minutes helped with their joie de vie ...... :'(

No, I'm sure it was a League game, but I think it was quite close to the replay.

It was the cup game. We lost on pens and I remember their players running to the east to celebrate with their fans. The North stand is always open for away fans for league games.

I remember the Good Friday game in 2011 when we beat Bradford 4-0. After Southend scored their fourt it went quiet and the Bradford supporters started chanting "You're not singing anymore".

Was that the night game where they tried to smash down the gates they put up up behind the west stand ?

No, it was a saturday afternoon match (in Sept), 3 days after they beat us 4-1(?) in a league Cup game. But your right about the West Stand gates. We watched in the North Bank, as the gates gave way, before they swarmed in like an Army of Ants!.

I don't remember anything about the Newcastle fans from that fabulous lunch-time game. I don't suppose Brett scoring after 2 minutes helped with their joie de vie ...... :'(

Probably because there were only about 100 of them, scattered across the open area of the 'Lego' South Bank SE section.

Not Leicester fans! Was sitting in the West Stand, one of the blocks closest to the Leicester fans packed in the North. Every time I looked over to them, I seemed to catch the eye of a small group who were laughing and pointing in our general direction. My brother saw them as well, and they were still laughing and pointing and rubbing their bellies. This went on for a while and then he said "I think they are laughing at you". And I looked, and looked again, and I'm 90% sure he was right - they were taking the p1ss because I'm, well, a fat grandad as my username suggests! I couldn't look at them again for the rest of the game but still felt their eyes boring into me as I was now paranoid. Well, I did manage to look again when we grabbed an unexpected last-ditch equaliser, but they weren't laughing then.

Bristol city fans opening game of our first ever game in championship, Came in numbers broke down the gate to get in the south stand end. made great noise.

Nottingham forest also sung loud and proud about being on loan from the priemership

What was the lowest away support we've hosted at Roots Hall?
Hard to know that one as we never had segregation until the late 1980's and no real records are kept of away support. I'm sure when used to play Fridays some of the away support was probably as low as 15 maybe lower?

Back