• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

remember Sheff.Wed, first game of the season (75-76??),they brought loads down. gits.....sad day

How about the same season v Crystal Palace on a Friday the crowd was 13,500 they must have brought loads as we were only getting about 5,000 crowds on average that season?

if its the game im thinking of,there was not that many,or at least they were not so loud...some tried to get into the north bank, but all ended up im the south...mind you,they did bring a lot more than we took to Palace

if its the game im thinking of,there was not that many,or at least they were not so loud...some tried to get into the north bank, but all ended up im the south...mind you,they did bring a lot more than we took to Palace

O.K. Palace won 2-1 as well so you would have thought they would have been visible. Just an odd high crowd.
Southend v Brighton on 17th Feb crowd 4,784
Southend v Palace on 27th Feb crowd 13,500
Southend v Gillingham on 1st March crowd 4,722

Yep & the next Friday night game after that one was v Charlton and the crowd was only 7,252.
I think there was a lot of interest in this game , we were unbeaten an top of the league , Palace were massive big spenders Allison was the manager Terry Venables was the captian and Spud Taylor was there star player .

I think there was a lot of interest in this game , we were unbeaten an top of the league , Palace were massive big spenders Allison was the manager Terry Venables was the captian and Spud Taylor was there star player .

The chant 'Allison, Allison, shut your mouth, Allison shut your mouth', was in evidence that evening. T.S and some friends went pre match into the South Bank to say hello, but their friendship was'nt welcomed.

Me, P.O & 'Trickie Dickie' (RIP) went to the Boxing Day game at Palace in 1974, after going to the West Ham v Spurs morning game. (In those days, believe it or not, you could afford to go to 2 games in one day!).
Was about 30 of us there at most!. Norwood Junction post match, was similar to the odds in Zulu!. One of very few times iwas grateful for the presence of 'Old Bill'!.

Hmmm , fair point maybe it was another south yorkshire club during 1984 ??

I thought both the Col Ewe supporters were ok! :smile: There's no one there, there's no one there.............

Me, P.O & 'Trickie Dickie' (RIP) went to the Boxing Day game at Palace in 1974, after going to the West Ham v Spurs morning game. (In those days, believe it or not, you could afford to go to 2 games in one day!).
Was about 30 of us there at most!. Norwood Junction post match, was similar to the odds in Zulu!. One of very few times iwas grateful for the presence of 'Old Bill'!.

i was at that game as well,Micky.Bou.. helped me out at around h.t,in the southbank..nonhome end..in the toilets!!!!:smile:3 Palace fans v me,or so they thought ,we won...but they took me home by car (to Benfleet station),coz Mick Knew they would be "hunting " for me at the station....think i just got home in time to watch the film ..bridge over the river kwai....another near escape!!

Back