• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Apologies if this has been covered and I may be wrong but cassidys boot came off right before their first goal which left us short at the back in the area the goal came from. Would have been a different story I reckon if that hadn't of gone in.

If Cass Piggy and JW had a 100 metre dash ,Jason would easily win now that is pace !
You can't possibly say that, you have no way of knowing! I said when Pigott first came that speed is not his thing but Cassidy strikes me as very quick.

This division is absolutely pathetic !

Stanley came here looking for a point and took home all 3,We are too slow all round the pitch as we have been every time I have seen us this season.

We played narrow because Phil wants to condense the middle to try and nullify teams but Stanley sussed it easily,we play crazy stupid football without any cutting edge whatsoever.

Without it sounding like sour grapes AS would have been buried by good quick passing teams yet we are suckered every time.

Lenny has became a pale shadow of the marauding midfielder we all loved and sadly does not deserve his place in the starting team(Brown has destroyed him Imo ).Binny Willy looked unsteady to say the least but I feel he would prosper playing the holding role in the middle but what do I know !

Another crap Saturday!

How has Brown destroyed Lenny? This is a new one.

You can't possibly say that, you have no way of knowing! I said when Pigott first came that speed is not his thing but Cassidy strikes me as very quick.

I noticed yesterday how quick Cassidy was on a couple of occasions chasing the ball. I think Cassidy had a good game yesterday, a few nice touches and he harried the defence

Apologies if this has been covered and I may be wrong but cassidys boot came off right before their first goal which left us short at the back in the area the goal came from. Would have been a different story I reckon if that hadn't of gone in.

and it sums up stanley's tactics that upon finding his boot, their player kicked it off the side of the pitch for him to chase.

If Cass Piggy and JW had a 100 metre dash ,Jason would easily win now that is pace !

Cassidy Imo needs a goal very soon,yeah he has nice moments but for me he lacks the killer instinct ATM.

Yesterdays moronic style of football was down to one man Imo.

It's Sunday morning , the sun in shining , taking my daughter swimming , so all is good with the world.
Oh hang on , wait a minute , what's this ?
Mrs Blue has excelled herself with idiotic post number 407 !
Quite stunning Mrs B , even by your standards !

You said we needed pace, I was pointing out that Cassidy has pace; I didn't realise it had to be the quickest pace on the planet, sorry :stunned:

Please explain to me that if Williams is that good, why he isn't setting the conference on fire, as with lightning pace (as apparently that's all you need), surely he should be!!!

You said we needed pace, I was pointing out that Cassidy has pace; I didn't realise it had to be the quickest pace on the planet, sorry :stunned:

Please explain to me that if Williams is that good, why he isn't setting the conference on fire, as with lightning pace (as apparently that's all you need), surely he should be!!!

I stated Welling were destined for the drop and are struggling so they were a poor choice for JW Imo.

Cassidy came here with an appalling scoring record and he hasn't disappointed to improve on that having had 6 games here and yet to score which also means from his last 63 appearances he had scored 5 goals.

We are seriously lacking goals yet we sign a forward with that ratio.

Well spotted :clap:

What I've liked about Thompson and Williams is that they will try and play it out from the back, but they were given the ball in some awful places in the first half and they did try and play them out, rather than just hoof them. Which obviously didn't come off, so maybe they should have just cleared their lines, but at least they were trying to keep the ball.

I can't understand the calling for Barrett and/or Prosser to start before the game, as Thompson and Williams have been playing well (yes, they make the odd mistake, but this is League 2, what do we expect).

Also did anyone not see how Barrett played when he came on, on Tuesday; I wouldn't have started him after that!!

As for Prosser, he wasn't playing that great before his suspension, but now he's out of the side, everyone thinks he's world class (this will cause some controversy, but personally I thought Bolger was playing better than Prosser before his stupid red card).

Brown sees all these players in training as well, so if he thought Barrett and Prosser were going to make that much difference, he would have brought them in.

However I might now be tempted to change it next week and possibly bring Barrett in for Williams; but would I have done it before, no, these guys deserved to be in the team.

I think most of us know that Prossser may not be as good on the ball as the others, but the point is he is a center back that makes few mistakes from which the opposition gets a goal scoring opportunity . First half yesterday Williams had two howlers from which the opposition should have at least got a shot on target. You say that they are league 2 defenders and therefore should make the odd mistake, but Prosser makes less mistakes then the current center backs, and I don't mean just yesterday.

I noticed yesterday how quick Cassidy was on a couple of occasions chasing the ball. I think Cassidy had a good game yesterday, a few nice touches and he harried the defence

This is a very worrying trend DWB, you've just agreed with OBL (I agree as well, by the way).

I think most of us know that Prossser may not be as good on the ball as the others, but the point is he is a center back that makes few mistakes from which the opposition gets a goal scoring opportunity . First half yesterday Williams had two howlers from which the opposition should have at least got a shot on target. You say that they are league 2 defenders and therefore should make the odd mistake, but Prosser makes less mistakes then the current center backs, and I don't mean just yesterday.

Prosser knows his limit and will clear his lines which is the defenders job,I like Prosser as he is no nonsense defender plying his trade in the basement and is never fancy with the ball.

Very frustrated but in no way surprised. This performance carried on from the second half Tuesday where quite frankly we were awful. Tuesday was an opportunity to really rack up the goals and build some confidence, yet We sat back and allowed Cheltenham into the game. Today, other than piggotts chance which he should have scored I can't remember working their keeper once in the first half. Whether Accy came for a point or not, when it mattered they did the business in front of goal and for me deserved their win, which from our point of view is embarrassing.

i am not a PB fan, I dont like his tactics, team selections at times are baffling and subs the same. I appreciate our league position etc, but with this squad of players we should be there or there abouts if not higher. We have thrown away so many points. We have been extremely lucky in so many games, which is a good sign I guess, but I can't remember many games, and I've been to plenty that I can honestly say I enjoyed.

• Smith in goal did well, but you could see his inexperience, would be concerned if Bentley is injured for a few weeks. Kicking needs a lot of work and decision making will come with game time, but think it's a bit soon for him
  • JBW has been an accident waiting to happen, apparently a left back by trade, oh dear. Then in desperation PB plays him at CB. Yesterday's performance has been on the cards for weeks. How he gets ahead of Prosser or AB is baffling. Don't care about the last few weeks, you play the best players in the best positions and he isn't one of them
  • AB is bought as much for his experience than his playing ability, yet after playing the last 20 mins on Tuesday doesn't even get on the bench yesterday, apparently he was fit. Should have been playing in my opinion, or if not Prosser in and AB on the bench.
  • The Coker substitution is right up there as the most bizarre since Worrell got taken off against Chester. Along with Worrell Coker is by far one of our most attacking players and one of the best crosses of the ball. Why was he taken off in a game we were chasing, leaving JBW on who quite frankly in the last 15 mins was even more out of position than previously. Were we playing three at the back? If yes why did hurst spend most of his time on the pitch playing left back. Coker was fuming when he came off and gave the management a right mouthful.
  • why did Worrell not start? He is our best player, he gives us the one thing this side needs and that is width. We now have two decent strikers in the side who win headers, yet we play so narrow. I've read much criticism of white on here, but yesterday he had the ball numerous times but no option. The middle of the pitch was congested and no one out wide to play it to. Payne is not the answer at home at least. He has no strength and mostly runs into a cul de sac. He is more suited to away games where the game can be more open. Did we'll for the goal though.
  • Leonard is a shadow of his former self, think he needs to take some time out and look at his game. He seems lacklustre, slow in his decision making, constantly falling over and passing not far worse than JBW
  • really like Cassidy, and yesterday he was better and sharper than Piggott, so why take him off?

All in all a bad day at the office, maybe? But PB got a lot wrong yesterday and not for the first time in my opinion. Sometimes luck can carry you so far, but eventually it runs out, yesterday it did. Stevenage will be a tough test next week, he needs to get it spot on. Get the experience back in defence, get some bite in midfield and some width in the side.

How has Brown destroyed Lenny? This is a new one.

Simple, by making him more defensive. When was the last time we saw a famous Lenny drive from the edge of our box to theirs?

Shrews away there was a Chance to run 50yards but instead he panicked and passed it out of play. Our player of the season of last wouldn't make my top 10 this season..

"This performance carried on from the second half Tuesday where quite frankly we were awful. Tuesday was an opportunity to really rack up the goals and build some confidence, yet We sat back and allowed Cheltenham into the game."

I think it was a case of "job done" by half-time so we just did enough to maintain the lead.

Simple, by making him more defensive. When was the last time we saw a famous Lenny drive from the edge of our box to theirs?

Shrews away there was a Chance to run 50yards but instead he panicked and passed it out of play. Our player of the season of last wouldn't make my top 10 this season..

Agreed,

Lenny for my money clearly hates the role he is ordered to play and he is now paying the price with dull performance after another,I understand Phil loves the defence covered but you have to take risks to win trophies which Phil will not entertain.

Home results are costing us a chance of automatic promotion, which wont be the first time that has happened in the last few seasons. Now we have to win at Stevenage otherwise a few teams could be breathing down our necks for the play-offs places.

15 goals in 16 home games is frankly pathetic, yes we have only conceded 7 but we should have alot more points with a defensive record like that.

Hi did drive forward yesterday on at least one occassion but run into a dead end.

Thing is if he doesnt play that role (and without it we would have been losing by half time without some of his interceptions), who does?

Indeed, Cassidy is no slouch.

Whilst its nice to have pace in the side you dont have to have Usain Bolt in the team. I thought their movement first half was very good on both accounts. Problem is they have to move into wide positions too much due to their being no winger.

Well spotted :clap:

What I've liked about Thompson and Williams is that they will try and play it out from the back, but they were given the ball in some awful places in the first half and they did try and play them out, rather than just hoof them. Which obviously didn't come off, so maybe they should have just cleared their lines, but at least they were trying to keep the ball.

I can't understand the calling for Barrett and/or Prosser to start before the game, as Thompson and Williams have been playing well (yes, they make the odd mistake, but this is League 2, what do we expect).

Also did anyone not see how Barrett played when he came on, on Tuesday; I wouldn't have started him after that!!

As for Prosser, he wasn't playing that great before his suspension, but now he's out of the side, everyone thinks he's world class (this will cause some controversy, but personally I thought Bolger was playing better than Prosser before his stupid red card).

Brown sees all these players in training as well, so if he thought Barrett and Prosser were going to make that much difference, he would have brought them in.

However I might now be tempted to change it next week and possibly bring Barrett in for Williams; but would I have done it before, no, these guys deserved to be in the team.

Which one?

Yes I did but not in that set up,Jack is the most talented player we have so when we play him we need to be in all out attack mode.

Yesterday Imo was a mistake by Phil(yet again)to stifle AS and it backfired !

442 with Jack will work Imo if the set up allows players to play naturally without fear.

It wasnt an attempt to stifle Stanley at all, it was just the nature of the system, it was the same system we deployed against Cheltenham and I dont remember you complaining about it then.

With Payne in the hole like he was yesterday the team has no width, nor can it. You only have 3 midfielders left and the width will come from the full backs which isnt enough.

Please elaborate so we are all clear, how exactly should the team line up with Jack Payne because I just dont see how you do it without sacrificing width, which actually isnt always the wrong thing to do, it worked against Shrewsbury and Cheltenham after all.

Back