• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Maldon Shrimper

First XI⭐
Yes I know some will say its a bit early but how many tickets have we sold and can you pay on the day.Its such a short journey we should take a good number for what will be a tricky game.

Following yesterday's loss this game now has even more importance. We need a massive following to really get behind the team as all top 5 clubs are away from home this weekend and not all of them will win that's for sure. Let's get the Blues back on track.

I'll be in the home end for this one....I think we look a bit more like an away team, so would be reasonably confident - but their pitch has been resembling Arthur Fowler's allotment in recent weeks...I'd recommend Corr in from the start and reverting to our fluent long ball game for this one.

Hope Bentley is fit and minimal changes otherwise. Forget about donkey Corr and hope Worrall plays.
Got my ticket and expecting a draw, but hoping for 3 points:happy:

Official website states that we are on course to take over 1,000 fans to Stevenage. Should be a great atmosphere. Would be better if we could take the full 1,400 and fill the away end.

Grrrrrr once more I will say if you are starting these threads please guys use the full name of our team in them...Goggle loves us until you **** them off.

Edited thread title.

There average gate is only 3,100 so having over 1,000 away supporters inside should boost this on Saturday, I think we are overdue a 4-0 win and would love this to be the game we tonk someone, if not Carlisle at home the following Saturday will do:smile:

icon1.png

Official website states that we are on course to take over 1,000 fans to Stevenage. Should be a great atmosphere. Would be better if we could take the full 1,400 and fill the away end.​

After the game at Canvey last night my starting XI would be

Bentley or Smith or Smith
White Thompson Prosser Coker
Deegan
Timlin Payne Worrall
Piggott Corr

Subs: JBW - Barrett - Leonard - Atkinson - Cassidy - Hurst - Any one else wearing gloves

...........................................PAUL SMITH..................................
WHITE...................THOMPSON...............BARRETT................COKER
WORRELL..............DEEGAN...................LEONARD................TIMLIN
..........................PIGOTT...................CASSIDY...........................

CORR,COULTHIRST,PAYNE,ATKINSON,PROSSER,HURST, TED SMITH

( harsh on Binnon-Williams + Ted but i think against the Stevenage bully boys PB will opt for experience.

T Smith (if Bentley unfit)
White Barrett Prosser Coker
Worrell Deegan Timlin Hurst
Pigott Cassidy

Subs P Smith, JBW, Thompson, Leonard, Atkinson, Corr, Payne​

...........................................PAUL SMITH..................................
WHITE...................THOMPSON...............BARRETT................COKER
WORRELL..............DEEGAN...................LEONARD................TIMLIN
..........................PIGOTT...................CASSIDY...........................

CORR,COULTHIRST,PAYNE,ATKINSON,PROSSER,HURST, TED SMITH

( harsh on Binnon-Williams + Ted but i think against the Stevenage bully boys PB will opt for experience.

Also harsh on Payne!

Luton's surprise defeat at Mansfield yesterday is a help for us and let's hope that Wimbledon and Carlisle can get something out of their matches versus Luton and Wycombe respectively. If they can do that, and if we can beat Stevenage we can still go third despite last Saturday's dire result v Stanley. So COYB....

Based upon Twitter updates on Bentley and PB's possible intention to consider Barrett, Deegan and Corr, plus previous (ridiculous) comments regarding naive/inexperience, I would think the team would be: -

Bentley/P Smith
White Thompson Barrett Coker
Deegan
Worral Timlin Hurst
Corr Piggy

This is a strong line-up that will also cope with the physical nature of Graham Westley teams. We can beat Stevenage on Saturday, but we need to keep all 11 players on the pitch!

I cant believe people not wanting Leonard in the team. Broke up 3 or 4 very dangerous attacks on Saturday, making it look easy because he is so quick. Maybe if he were a yard slower and had to make last ditch tackles it would be noticed more.

You're right about Leonard.

Our present squad does not allow for an easy pick first team. With the exception of Bentley all our players bring big pluses and minuses to the table. I suggest a mathematical formula be worked out based on the plus and minus scores for each individual player re certain areas of their game. The first team then selected on this sure win system. After all, everything comes down to the maths.

Deegan has to start against Stevenage, bunch of thugs that need someone to let them know they're not having it all their own way!

Deegan has to start against Stevenage, bunch of thugs that need someone to let them know they're not having it all their own way!

I think it's odds on that he will start, especially after the reports of the Canvey game. Probably we will also see experience at the centre of the back four. What that will be depends on PB's opinion and not ours. The difficulty is do you gear up to winning a point, or looking for three points? All will be revealed at 14:00 hours Saturday, can't wait! COYB

You're right about Leonard.

Our present squad does not allow for an easy pick first team. With the exception of Bentley all our players bring big pluses and minuses to the table. I suggest a mathematical formula be worked out based on the plus and minus scores for each individual player re certain areas of their game. The first team then selected on this sure win system. After all, everything comes down to the maths.

Seems that is what Brentford are working towards.............the trouble is it has caused virtually the whole management team to bail out. Maths ain't everything it seems.

Back