• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommy tucker

Manager
Just read that Bentley is to have a scan on his injured groin . Is this a worry lets hope not but if he does not make it sat who would you feel should be between the sticks . Should Paul smith come in .Or should Ted smith be given another run out .

Tricky call. Teddy did nothing wrong on Saturday but I would not be surprised if P. Smith starts against Stevenage if Dan is still injured. That will make for an interesting post match thread discussion, you can hear the knives being sharpened now!

If Bentley is out for any sort of time Id rather we went into the loan market.

The fact that we already have a massive squad doesn't bother you? How are we paying for this? Why haven't we gone bust? And what is the point of having P Smith / T Smith on the payroll if we can't play them? Two free transfers needed in that case.

P Smith for me every time - stick him in there and let our 'fans' pull him to pieces. The last time we went into the loan market we pulled out fatboy Belford who was no great kop.

Moved to Scunny recently on a permanent deal, so I would guess not likely.

ahh the stats I was reading were out of date. Looks like he's getting games now, but only due to Severns and Slocombe being injured.

The fact that we already have a massive squad doesn't bother you? How are we paying for this? Why haven't we gone bust? And what is the point of having P Smith / T Smith on the payroll if we can't play them? Two free transfers needed in that case.

P Smith for me every time - stick him in there and let our 'fans' pull him to pieces. The last time we went into the loan market we pulled out fatboy Belford who was no great kop.

Our squad isnt actually that big, and a loan for a month wouldnt cost much.

The point of having Ted Smith is the same as any youngster, to develop for the future. I think Paul Smithis there for coaching and assisting more than playing personally.

Either can be used for short term, but if Bentley was out for 6 weeks I wouldnt be comfortable with either in for that time, one is a keeper still very inexperienced and the other at the end of his career and has only played one game in a year and a half.

Tricky call. Teddy did nothing wrong on Saturday but I would not be surprised if P. Smith starts against Stevenage if Dan is still injured. That will make for an interesting post match thread discussion, you can hear the knives being sharpened now!

Teddy did do things wrong - not least his poor kicking for their second goal - but what's the point of giving him experience if you're not going to let him put into practice the lessons learnt?

Stick with him. He responded well to his mistake and didn't fall apart. I thought he finished stronger than he started. Let him continue that progress.

But if you do want to wreck his confidence drop him or get someone in over his head.

I dont blame him for Saturday, and I dont think it will wreck his confidence as I think he wouldnt have even expected to have got a start so soon anyway.

What could wreck it is if he plays a few games and does make a howler in any of them. He may not make any and may do well, but I think at this stage in the season Im not sure I want us to take that chance. That a decision for Brown though, any loanee could be a gamble as well.

Simple really, if PB persists with the Thompson Bennon Williams partnership then i think you need Paul Smith in goal. If PB reverts to what he should do and get either Prosser or Barrett in to replace Williams then Ted Smith probably gets the nod. This is going to be a tough physical battle on Saturday, so to go in with the inexperience again this week could prove troublesome. I thought Ted Smith did ok saturday, but his kicking was worse than Bentley at times and he did flap at a lot of crosses. Now many will say similar of Smith, but he has the experience which is a key factor.

Smith has the experience, but not the vocal ability to use it, his biggest weakness was commanding the defence.

Think we need to go with Barrett with Thompson. With us playing 3 centre halves last night I wonder if thats what Brown has in mind.

Simple really, if PB persists with the Thompson Bennon Williams partnership then i think you need Paul Smith in goal. If PB reverts to what he should do and get either Prosser or Barrett in to replace Williams then Ted Smith probably gets the nod. This is going to be a tough physical battle on Saturday, so to go in with the inexperience again this week could prove troublesome. I thought Ted Smith did ok saturday, but his kicking was worse than Bentley at times and he did flap at a lot of crosses. Now many will say similar of Smith, but he has the experience which is a key factor.

Ted Smiths kicking off the ground & drop kicks seemed fine in the warm up. But it's a bit different in the game with the extra pressure. Hopefully if he does play again then he wont be as nervous.

Smith has the experience, but not the vocal ability to use it, his biggest weakness was commanding the defence.

Think we need to go with Barrett with Thompson. With us playing 3 centre halves last night I wonder if thats what Brown has in mind.

I think it's more of a case of having to fit in Bolger, Prosser, and Barrett - to leave any of them out of THAT game really would have been a kick in the teeth. The great positive of the Brown era has been our defensive solidity built around our back 4 - I'd be very surprised if he changes formation. JBW needs dropping but that has been the case for weeks. I'd bring back Prosser, but Barrett seems to be the fans choice.

I think it's more of a case of having to fit in Bolger, Prosser, and Barrett - to leave any of them out of THAT game really would have been a kick in the teeth. The great positive of the Brown era has been our defensive solidity built around our back 4 - I'd be very surprised if he changes formation. JBW needs dropping but that has been the case for weeks. I'd bring back Prosser, but Barrett seems to be the fans choice.

Its not about fans choice, its about ability and for me Barrett is the better player. If barrett had been sitting around for months during the season and not playing then maybe it could be questioned. But he hasnt, up until Christmas he had played most the season and certainly when ive seen him on TV or in the games against us he has been excellent. His ability and experience cant be questioned. therefore if fit you play him surely.

I would choose Barrett and Prosser

I agree with this with Paul Smith in goal

As an aside I don't know if its just me but, Ted scarred the xxx out of me a couple of times when he came out a long long way . Each time he got to the ball first and therefore p[roved his decision making was spot on . But at the same time I couldn't help think 'dont do that again please' which is completely illogical

only one smith that's ted ,the other one not good enough ,and paul stays on the line .also doesn't command his box

Back