• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

sufc4life21

Newbie⭐
Is it possible to have north bank for home fans for rest season as it looks stupid with handful away fans behind the goal! Can't we put them in North West corner.......

Of course it is possible but logistically it's difficult as you would have to ensure that both sets of fans are segregated when entering and leaving the ground. To allow both sets of fans access to the North Stand is difficult especially if you are allowing home fans access from both the North and West. Also the club will need to have to employ extra stewards and security to cater for the additional areas of the ground being used.

There would also only be a handful of home fans in there. Nice acoustics but it's a terrible view.

Won't happen again because of to many do-gooders having a cry about the tensions between home and away fans :hilarious:

I fully understand all of the points about extra costs and the safety of fans.
These two factors alone are more than enough reason that the club are right not to entertain the idea right now.

What does surprise me though is why the ground wasn't set up in such a way that we had a 'home' end for our fans.

Seems odd to me ?
I'm sure most sides throughout the world have a dedicated home end first and then away fans are accommodated accordingly after this.
I maybe wrong and a bit old fashioned , but always seen an advantage for home teams attacking 'their' end etc

Won't happen again because of to many do-gooders having a cry about the tensions between home and away fans :hilarious:
Part of North Bank would be open every week if we were getting 8,000+ crowds. The only chance of that happening this season now is against Luton and possibly if we are in the play - offs again. We would never be able to put away fans in the NW corner though.

Great Acoustics in there but you get the 13 year olds trying to run at the opposition fans..
Bury at home in the cup, a southend kid broke through the segregation and **** his pants when he saw Bury fans run at him.

I fully understand all of the points about extra costs and the safety of fans.
These two factors alone are more than enough reason that the club are right not to entertain the idea right now.

What does surprise me though is why the ground wasn't set up in such a way that we had a 'home' end for our fans.

Seems odd to me ?
I'm sure most sides throughout the world have a dedicated home end first and then away fans are accommodated accordingly after this.
I maybe wrong and a bit old fashioned , but always seen an advantage for home teams attacking 'their' end etc

Am I imagining the other end of the ground then?

Great Acoustics in there but you get the 13 year olds trying to run at the opposition fans..
Bury at home in the cup, a southend kid broke through the segregation and **** his pants when he saw Bury fans run at him.

I think Crewe in the Play Offs was the proverbial straw that broke the camels back.

Back