• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We dont though.

I posted the figures the other day, we are no where near the most expensive and plenty of other clubs charge £400 and more.

Can you link to those figures.

I don't think comparing the most expensive season tickets is the right way to approach it. More sensible is to compare the cheapest adult seat, and it's only really sensible to compare to other L2 all-seater grounds.

We're a league two club with league two players. Some of our players could end playing at a higher level and some will end up playing at a lower level. The same can be said for managers. If you are an experienced manager plying your trade in league two it is because you have failed at a higher level. Sacking Brown to replace him for someone similar is pointless. We would not attract anyone better than Brown at the moment. Let's see if he can complete the task of getting us promoted this season, regardless of his obvious shortcomings.

If he doesn't succeed then I would agree that we should try somneone else....and why not Barrett? The last time we had any success was when a local boy with no managerial experience was in charge. I would say AB would be a better gamble than yet another failed 'experienced' manager.

Being a good player doesn't mean (s)he will become a good manager. Look at Bobby Moore, Bobby Charlton for examples - never cut it as managers.

Yep you are dead right, but if they apply for a managers job they need to be considered, I think its better for new entrants to 1st become assistance coach etc, like Coughlan is doing

Can you link to those figures.

I don't think comparing the most expensive season tickets is the right way to approach it. More sensible is to compare the cheapest adult seat, and it's only really sensible to compare to other L2 all-seater grounds.

Here you go
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-29527838

You're completely right that looking at the most expensive seats/seasontickets is a nonsensical way of doing it. That link shows that we have the most expensive season ticket in the division in the sense that every other club offers cheaper season tickets than that (and most people will opt for a cheaper ticket than the most expensive one).

However my point was that we should have one of the highest gate receipts in the division and the fact that we don't have terracing and the cheaper tickets that allows (although the mark-up for seating over terracing has always seemed unjustified to me) just reinforces that.

The lack of cup runs must have really screwed up our finances compared to our rivals.

Back