• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Can't recall reading before that the tower blocks will be 13 storeys high. That's pretty tall, nearly as high as the Quantock blocks of flats near Vic Circus. Ron is really pushing his luck with all these 'extras'.

Still no actual new plans on show anywhere. I have a feeling the whole development is going to look ghastly.

Hmm, not sure a tower block is going to get past the council (tower blocks are not one of Southend's crowning glories). Previous concerns about the roads handling the increased traffic of just a stadium and retail park are going to be exacerbated. To add 13 storey residential tower block, 22'000 seater stadium, retail park (I assume that is still included) and a cinema?

It has been a complete shambles from the start and this latest amendment number 2,546 is taking the ****.

A Cinema and giant tower blocks. Behave.

Smacks of, not got the money so trying to rope in any idiot to pay for it.

Even if by some miracle Ron starts building, how can any of us have faith in the man to get it completed?....blind faith shown by far too many I feel.

Personally I think the Council need to say enough is enough and start thinking about a Plan B Community funded type stadium. With Ron well and truly out the picture.

Hmm, not sure a tower block is going to get past the council (tower blocks are not one of Southend's crowning glories). Previous concerns about the roads handling the increased traffic of just a stadium and retail park are going to be exacerbated. To add 13 storey residential tower block, 22'000 seater stadium, retail park (I assume that is still included) and a cinema?

It actually says tower blocks. And you're right, this council doesn't like tower blocks. Last year it was talking about knocking some down in Southend.
I wonder how many tower blocks to be built at Fossetts?

Build a tower block in each corner then erect lights on the roof and hey floodlight pylons.

Meanwhile in the real world

As Smiffy just stated the only way is a modest community stadium with the option to increase capacity when required.

this is a rehash of the scoping letter. The Borough's planning portal does not have an update since then. Unless the club have given the Echo the plans I suggest we file under "slow news day"

It has been a complete shambles from the start and this latest amendment number 2,546 is taking the ****.

A Cinema and giant tower blocks. Behave.

Smacks of, not got the money so trying to rope in any idiot to pay for it.

Even if by some miracle Ron starts building, how can any of us have faith in the man to get it completed?....blind faith shown by far too many I feel.

Personally I think the Council need to say enough is enough and start thinking about a Plan B Community funded type stadium. With Ron well and truly out the picture.

Ready and waiting for that possibility mate...

Build a tower block in each corner then erect lights on the roof and hey floodlight pylons.

Meanwhile in the real world

As Smiffy just stated the only way is a modest community stadium with the option to increase capacity when required.

I think there may be some merit in this, tower block in each corner, "executive flats" facing towards the ground, floodlights on top, electricity paid for by the residents....will make the ground look like a castle....maybe even Fortress Fossets Farm, or the 3F's Stadium.

Back to square one, and yet again, there are more questions than answers. Getting fed up with this whole situation. He's treating us like mugs !

I think there may be some merit in this, tower block in each corner, "executive flats" facing towards the ground, floodlights on top, electricity paid for by the residents....will make the ground look like a castle....maybe even Fortress Fossets Farm, or the 3F's Stadium.

Sounds too much like Birdbrain Road up the road in Leyton to me!

Maybe the towers could be entwined with walkways across the pitch so the players can be showered with prawn sandwiches:winking:

Back