• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Holiday thread 2018

You should certainly try a cruise as it is not as expensive as people think and the cruise liners cater for everyone’s needs.
For children it is great with all the clubs/activities they have including baby sitting so you are able to go the shows etc.
Sailing from Southampton in the summer is great as there is no baggage allowance (great for us females)
Myself, personally I love them as most people know and try to do about three a year although this year I have booked a week cruising the Greek Islands (and I am looking forward to this as the ship is a smaller one than what we usually go on so it can get into the smaller ports) and then spending a week in Corfu at the end of the cruise.

You should certainly try a cruise as it is not as expensive as people think and the cruise liners cater for everyone’s needs.
For children it is great with all the clubs/activities they have including baby sitting so you are able to go the shows etc.
Sailing from Southampton in the summer is great as there is no baggage allowance (great for us females)
Myself, personally I love them as most people know and try to do about three a year although this year I have booked a week cruising the Greek Islands (and I am looking forward to this as the ship is a smaller one than what we usually go on so it can get into the smaller ports) and then spending a week in Corfu at the end of the cruise.

Where and when are you in Corfu?

I don't like sitting around or watching people take the **** at all you can eat buffets.

I visited Canada in March, which was on my bucket-list for ages.

I'm also off for 6 days to Gran Canaria in late may as a birthday treat & looking forward to my first visit to Menorca in early September, & really glad to be hearing such positive posts about the island.

I'd ideally like another break around late November for a last bit of winter sun, but it will mean going long haul and my budget won't currently support it.

I visited Canada in March, which was on my bucket-list for ages.

I'm also off for 6 days to Gran Canaria in late may as a birthday treat & looking forward to my first visit to Menorca in early September, & really glad to be hearing such positive posts about the island.

I'd ideally like another break around late November for a last bit of winter sun, but it will mean going long haul and my budget won't currently support it.

You can still get some decent sun in the Canaries at that time of year, especially on the Adeje coast - if you prefer it a bit quieter, then look a bit further up the coast to Los Gigantes (Thomson offer the Hotel Los Gigantes, which is a great hotel with a fabulous outlook).

Mrs G and me are off to Calabria, (South Italy) next week and I hope to do a fair bit of cycling (sorry your bike has been nicked MK), some sailing, my usual dabble at tennis and at the order of Mrs G some yoga and fitness classes. We will be on our 8th Neilsons holiday, but this will be the first week of the first hotel/resort that this excellent Brighton based UK travel firm have had at a mainland Italy location.
I hope they are fully prepared!
And also I expect to have a few offerings for the "king of desserts" thread while out there.

You can still get some decent sun in the Canaries at that time of year, especially on the Adeje coast - if you prefer it a bit quieter, then look a bit further up the coast to Los Gigantes (Thomson offer the Hotel Los Gigantes, which is a great hotel with a fabulous outlook).
Our favourite location too, dear old Los Gigantes.

Just booked a trip Menorca for the family; my wife and I haven't been there since holidays with our parents back in the 80s.

All inclusive, splash park nearby, excellent flight times, a week of doing very little indeed. Cannot wait.

Just booked a trip Menorca for the family; my wife and I haven't been there since holidays with our parents back in the 80s.

All inclusive, splash park nearby, excellent flight times, a week of doing very little indeed. Cannot wait.
We're heading to Menorca in July. I've been twice and with the family once, it's really kid friendly and the main towns on each end of the island (Ciutadella and Mahon) are great for when you fancy something other than the beach.

Venice..... we used the water buses (vaporetti) to get around. They're not cheap (€30 for a two day pass) but then again not much in Venice is. We went out to the couple of the islands using these, and they were really nice. A spot of lunch on Lido looking over the lagoon to the city and a visit to the glass blowing island of Murcano. St Marks and the Grand Canal were just rammed. Did get to see, and wander around, the home of AC Venezia.

Glad I've been there and seen it, but wont be going back.

Romania next week :)

Venice..... we used the water buses (vaporetti) to get around. They're not cheap (€30 for a two day pass) but then again not much in Venice is. We went out to the couple of the islands using these, and they were really nice. A spot of lunch on Lido looking over the lagoon to the city and a visit to the glass blowing island of Murcano. St Marks and the Grand Canal were just rammed. Did get to see, and wander around, the home of AC Venezia.

Glad I've been there and seen it, but wont be going back.

Romania next week :)
Been lucky to go to Venice a couple of times with work, both times I stayed on the Lido which I'd recommend and then use the vaporetti to get around as you say.

I went there with my folks in October 1981 and all I can remember is seeing Naranjito merch everywhere!

Our favourite location too, dear old Los Gigantes.

Wow, how funny, Cricko has been there too. Where do you stay? Always feels like coming home when you go round that corner at the top road, and get the first glimpse of those magnificent cliffs.

How I wish my dad had bought that new apartment for £3,000 which he seriously considered, back when we first went in 1977 - would be worth a lot of money now and given us all holidays throughout that time!

Back