• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Holiday thread 2018

Wow, how funny, Cricko has been there too. Where do you stay? Always feels like coming home when you go round that corner at the top road, and get the first glimpse of those magnificent cliffs.

How I wish my dad had bought that new apartment for £3,000 which he seriously considered, back when we first went in 1977 - would be worth a lot of money now and given us all holidays throughout that time!
. We stay usually in a friend's apartment just down the road at Balcon de Los Gigantes. We love the place, great walks, great food, especially our favouite San Francisco restaurant. Will be back in January.

Got an absolute bargain with BA to Dubai in the Autumn and have booked my annual trip in the Caribbean in the new year.
This is why I still work ��

275 of us as a group going out to Hisoronu in Turkey (Dalaman) in early October for the 3rd year running. Two planes out of Stanstead for us all but now the flight companies have finally got wise to the demand a week after season closure and ramped the prices up by on average £105.00 per person this year. Still worth every penny though.

7 nights. Two hotels next to each other to ourselves. Room, breakfast, direct flights and transfers from Dalaman = cost us £635.00 per person.

If you like lazy days by the pool listening to live DJ's playing quality soul, dance and R&B music from the past four decades, pool parties every night with top club DJs and live singers playing club classics, anthems and modern dance, pirate party boats and organised excursions........together with great company, drop me a message for details :winking:

275 of us as a group going out to Hisoronu in Turkey (Dalaman) in early October for the 3rd year running. Two planes out of Stanstead for us all but now the flight companies have finally got wise to the demand a week after season closure and ramped the prices up by on average £105.00 per person this year. Still worth every penny though.

7 nights. Two hotels next to each other to ourselves. Room, breakfast, direct flights and transfers from Dalaman = cost us £635.00 per person.

If you like lazy days by the pool listening to live DJ's playing quality soul, dance and R&B music from the past four decades, pool parties every night with top club DJs and live singers playing club classics, anthems and modern dance, pirate party boats and organised excursions........together with great company, drop me a message for details :winking:

holy ****!!

Off to San Sebastián this coming week, with a pit stop in Bilbao. Visited Bilbao before on my own but visiting both this time with my partner, keeping fingers crossed for some nice weather.

Off to San Sebastián this coming week, with a pit stop in Bilbao. Visited Bilbao before on my own but visiting both this time with my partner, keeping fingers crossed for some nice weather.

Awesome place. Enjoy the pintxos!

End of May I went to Oradea in Romania. Was recommended it by a mate who lives over the border in Hungary. Wasn't planning to go, but as Ryanair pulled their flights after 1 June it was a case of "now or never". First time in Romania, and its as cheap as anywhere I've been. A few language problems, but we got by. 4 star hotel for next nothing as well. If you ever end up in that part of the world, its worth a visit. Very pretty, very different.

I've just got back from Prague, minus a gold chain that was snatched in the Old Town. Ho hum.... (thank you travel insurance) First time in Prague in the sunshine, and it looked completely different to the winter Prague I visited at Xmas. Charles Bridge on a warm summer's evening listening to more than decent buskers playing jazz. Hmmm nice. Love Prague, really do. Shame about the theft.

Don't forget to take a brolly too Sam.You never know when you'll need it in Donostia or Bilbo ,either.:winking:

Don't forget to take a brolly too Sam.You never know when you'll need it in Donostia or Bilbo ,either.:winking:
Ironically, weather was brilliant. Barely a cloud and a reasonable 25 degrees in San Sebastián, a little cooler and more cloudy in Bilbao.

Madrid this week on the hand... More rain than in the 2 months combined when I was back in Essex before coming out here.

Had a day in Dublin. Wasn't impressed tbh. Pricey and it rained a lot.

Just got back from a week in Icmeler in Turkey, which is just outside the sprawling mass that is Marmaris. A quite(ish) seaside place, wholly set up for the tourist whether we come from the UK or Russia. Food dead cheap, and pretty decent. People really friendly. Because its set on the coast with mountains behind, it is ripe for a decent thunderstorm. And boy, didn't we get one. Best one I've ever seen, until it blew the power out! Lol.

Would avoid all inclusives there though. My hotel had dreadful food, and we weren't alone. Go bread and breakfast and enjoy the local eateries.

Back