• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

On the Radio at 7pm UK Time for another Episode of Seconds Out! on Phoenix FM interviewing Eddie Hearn. Got a question? Comment below:

Tune in 7pm on Tune in Radio App, The Phoenix Fm App, http://www.phoenixfm.com/listen-live/ and 98FM in Brentwood

Please share!

Im answer to gbj thread ,Pacman turned down a fight with Horn originally because they were after a fight with Khan,but Khan didnt want to fight him , i imagine it went something like ,you got to be Joking Manny ,i saw what you did to Hatton and with my glass jaw ,no way will i fight you,as for Brooke ,well it was common knowledge Brooke was after the fight all of Britain wanted and that was with Khan. As for the injury with Mayweather ,well Pacmans sparring partner went to spar with Mayweather and told money bags that Pacman had hurt his shoulder in training ,it was well reported, and also he wasnt allowed pain killing injections prior to the fight by the boxing authorities , but Money bags was allowed to take supplements by the same authorities ,this also was well reported.yes he reinjured it in the 4th round when he had Mayweather on the ropes and in trouble , was plain for all to see as Pacman stepped away. Watch a replay of the 4th round you will see this for yourself.And he was still standing at the end of the fight . Also plase tell me what other boxer in the history of boxing has stepped up through 8 different weight divisions and won a world title in each.he fought up to the 154 weight class whish is well out of his best fighting weight .

On the Radio at 7pm UK Time for another Episode of Seconds Out! on Phoenix FM interviewing Eddie Hearn. Got a question? Comment below:

Tune in 7pm on Tune in Radio App, The Phoenix Fm App, http://www.phoenixfm.com/listen-live/ and 98FM in Brentwood

Please share!

I have 2 questions please... 1) Can you please ask Fast Car, why is it that when tickets for his big events go on sale, why is StubHub simultaneously flooded with tickets at highly inflated prices.

2) He is obviously aware this practice continues to happen, so why does he persist in a partnership with StubHub, knowing full well the real fans of the support are being fleeced & kept away.

I have 2 questions please... 1) Can you please ask Fast Car, why is it that when tickets for his big events go on sale, why is StubHub simultaneously flooded with tickets at highly inflated prices.

2) He is obviously aware this practice continues to happen, so why does he persist in a partnership with StubHub, knowing full well the real fans of the support are being fleeced & kept away.

Great questions! These need to be asked and an issue that needs addressing.

Im answer to gbj thread ,Pacman turned down a fight with Horn originally because they were after a fight with Khan,but Khan didnt want to fight him , i imagine it went something like ,you got to be Joking Manny ,i saw what you did to Hatton and with my glass jaw ,no way will i fight you,

1) Khan had been calling Pac out for years. Khan doesn't care about getting hurt, he cares about earning multi-millions. The same reason he's kept Brook on the end of a string, because it doesn't make financial sense.

2) Khan was running scared of Pac, but wasn't scared of fighting Canelo? Ok

As for the injury with Mayweather ,well Pacmans sparring partner went to spar with Mayweather and told money bags that Pacman had hurt his shoulder in training ,it was well reported, and also he wasnt allowed pain killing injections prior to the fight by the boxing authorities , but Money bags was allowed to take supplements by the same authorities ,this also was well reported.yes he reinjured it in the 4th round when he had Mayweather on the ropes and in trouble , was plain for all to see as Pacman stepped away. Watch a replay of the 4th round you will see this for yourself.And he was still standing at the end of the fight

Its unheard of that a sparring partner, will work with opposition camps, in the build-up to a fight between the two. I haven't heard this rumour before, and frankly I don't believe it. It simply wouldn't happen.

You're totally right about the fourth round, I remember it well. Pac really laid into Floyd & caused him some minor difficulties. But he did nothing for the other 11 rounds, hence why Floyd won at a canter.

Also plase tell me what other boxer in the history of boxing has stepped up through 8 different weight divisions and won a world title in each.he fought up to the 154 weight class whish is well out of his best fighting weight .

I'm glad you brought that up. You're correct, off the top of my head, I can't think of another fighter who's jumped up that many weight classes & got stronger & stronger as he's gone.

Which is.... weird, wouldn't you say? Either Pac is the anomaly, a one-of-a-kind superstar, who's done something that almost defies science...... Or the likes of Floyd, De La Hoya & Juan Manuel Marquez had legit reasons for demanding that Pac took blood tests regularly.

And of all the blood tests he took ,none came up positive which says to me he must be a one of a kind superstar, also pretty hard to fight the last 8 rounds with just one arm,I hope you never suffer a tear in your super spinatus ,if you do you would understand the pain when you try lifting your arm above shoulder height or putting pressure on it.

And of all the blood tests he took ,none came up positive which says to me he must be a one of a kind superstar, also pretty hard to fight the last 8 rounds with just one arm,I hope you never suffer a tear in your super spinatus ,if you do you would understand the pain when you try lifting your arm above shoulder height or putting pressure on it.

How often do you see Manny?

Pac never had blood tests during his rise through the weight classes. He'd have had the standard drugs tests, which can be altered and manipulated. Just ask Mike Tyson. Whether he did or not in the build-up to the Floyd fight is pretty irrelevant

Im sure the injury was painful, I'm not disputing that at all. I'm saying it can't be used an an excuse. Bernard Hopkins & Danny Williams have both dislocated their shoulders during fights, both have gone on to win. Roy Jones, Floyd & Arturo Gatti have all broke their hands, but still fought on & won. Joe Frazier & Harry Greb used to fight with one-eye, as both were technically blind. Mike Tyson once fought with a perforated ear drum, bronchitis & gonorrhoea. Ali fought with a sprained ankle & broken jaw. Evander Holyfield & Vitali Klitschko both tore their rotator cuffs, both still won.

I could go on & on. Injuries are common place in boxing. It happens. The fact remains, that even at 100% fitness, Pac was never beating Floyd that night.

BENN v COLLINS is on apparently... :dim:

_96729494_benn_collins_head_to_head.png

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/40434050

Absolutely mental! The sport of boxing just seems to be a circus at the moment. A real shame as we don't need these circus events when their is such huge talent in the sport.

I'm wondering who's stumped up the cash to put this on. IF it actually goes ahead, that is.

Slim-to-No chance the BBBoC will license either fighter, although wouldn't be surprised to see the Maltese or Luxembourg step in

They wouldn't give Frank Bruno a license so I agree they will struggle to get one from the BBBoC too. But like you say it's easy to get one from a different board overseas.

Hughie Fury vs Joseph Parker confirmed for September in Manchester, to contest the WBO World Heavyweight Championship.

A slight understatement, but this is the biggest test of Hughie's career & It's a shame he's had injuries & a lot of inactivity, because I think that's hampered him, and could prove to be costly. Make no mistake, Hughie is the most talented of the Fury's. Technically he's very sound. Moves well, makes people miss shots & has a spiteful body shot in his locker. His stamina has been questioned, aswell as his power, but I think people forget that he's just a kid. Come fight night, he would have just turned 23-years-old. He goes from strength to strength, which is handy, because he will need every ounce of it against Parker.

Although in fairness, Parker hasn't lived Upto his potential...Yet. His best attribute, is his speed. When he throws punches in bunches, he's by far the quickest HW in the world. However, he's proved that that high-work rate style, needs lots of gas in the tank. And it appears his tank is rather shallow. In recent fights, he's emptied the tank by round 4, and then due to exhaustion, becomes very sloppy. But he is still by far the best opponent Hughie has faced, and will be tough to overcome.

If Hughie can make Parker miss shots, and empty the tank, in the first half, then Hughie has a massive chance in the second half of the fight. He'll slip punches for fun against a fatigued Parker, and win rounds with simple counter punches. My initial premonition is for Hughie to edge this on points, maybe a 105-103. Although, I'm under no illusion, this will be incredibly tough for him.

Hughie Fury vs Joseph Parker confirmed for September in Manchester, to contest the WBO World Heavyweight Championship.

A slight understatement, but this is the biggest test of Hughie's career & It's a shame he's had injuries & a lot of inactivity, because I think that's hampered him, and could prove to be costly. Make no mistake, Hughie is the most talented of the Fury's. Technically he's very sound. Moves well, makes people miss shots & has a spiteful body shot in his locker. His stamina has been questioned, aswell as his power, but I think people forget that he's just a kid. Come fight night, he would have just turned 23-years-old. He goes from strength to strength, which is handy, because he will need every ounce of it against Parker.

Although in fairness, Parker hasn't lived Upto his potential...Yet. His best attribute, is his speed. When he throws punches in bunches, he's by far the quickest HW in the world. However, he's proved that that high-work rate style, needs lots of gas in the tank. And it appears his tank is rather shallow. In recent fights, he's emptied the tank by round 4, and then due to exhaustion, becomes very sloppy. But he is still by far the best opponent Hughie has faced, and will be tough to overcome.

If Hughie can make Parker miss shots, and empty the tank, in the first half, then Hughie has a massive chance in the second half of the fight. He'll slip punches for fun against a fatigued Parker, and win rounds with simple counter punches. My initial premonition is for Hughie to edge this on points, maybe a 105-103. Although, I'm under no illusion, this will be incredibly tough for him.

I'd go with this. Parker is very easy to hit, his head movement is non existent and seems to rely of quick feet. I've never really seen Hughie take any decent shots, so how he'll deal with Parker's hand speed will probably be the deciding factor, if he can slip and take a few, I think a comfortable points win, if his chin is a little suspect, Parker may snatch it. But I doubt it.

For a fighting family, it's been a while since we've seen a Fury fight, let's hope he makes it count.

Absolutely mental! The sport of boxing just seems to be a circus at the moment. A real shame as we don't need these circus events when their is such huge talent in the sport.

Personally I'd like to see this, it's a bit of nostalgia and they have both kept themselves in good shape. I would rather see Benn v Eubank though. I don't think it's taking anything away from the other talent in the sport, a fairweather fan like myself will watch the big names. You mention all kinds of names I've never heard of or seen as good prospects but I wouldn't be motivated to watch them in the way I'd want to watch this, it's not like these other match ups are being deprived as I wouldn't have watched them anyway.

As for your other comment about Frank Bruno not getting a licence, isn't that a bit of a different prospect? The ages might be similar but the big difference I see is Bruno's mental health issues. I don't know the criteria for licencing so this is a question I am really just throwing out there

Well a bit of a shocking result there Jeff Horn beats Pacquiao by UD! It was a close fight but how one of the judges scored that 117-111 is beyond me. Maybe Pacquiao's senatorial duties halted his training and he was expecting a walk over for this one. Personally he should've given up after winning the title. End on a high, there is a rematch clause so expect a 2nd fight.

Back