• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rumour has it Hearn is set to decline Wilder’s offer as they’ve agreed to fight Jarrell Miller in July.

duck-1.jpg

Miller would be an absolute bottle job, dodging Povetkin too!

I watched the IFLTV interview with Eddie Hearn about the whole offer. He kept saying if the offer is genuine it’s worth considering. No Eddie if they’re offering $50m as a guaranteed amount they’re ****ing stupid. Plus the deal offers an extra 50/50 split so for example if the fight makes $120m he would get an extra $10m. It is the sort of fight that would probably makes $70m so Wilder walks away with $20m.

I can understand Hearn’s hesitance to push forward with it without knowing that the money is definitely there. He spun the whole he wants it in the UK. Well if you’re that confident put a clause in it that the rematch is in the UK.

Here is the video if you’re interested:
[video=youtube_share;yFlWizD6YOI]https://youtu.be/yFlWizD6YOI[/video]

Sounds like the money is genuine and Wilder and Finkel have Joshua and Hearn backed into a corner.

I don't want to state the obvious (but I'm gunna anyway :winking:)

Why do you think Miller's fight is being broadcast on Sky this weekend?

If Hearn & AJ wanted Wilder, it would happen. Money is not, and has never been the issue.

I don't want to state the obvious (but I'm gunna anyway :winking:)

Why do you think Miller's fight is being broadcast on Sky this weekend?

If Hearn & AJ wanted Wilder, it would happen. Money is not, and has never been the issue.

Have you heard anything on what this massive announcement is that Hearn has regarding Matchroom?

Nah haven't heard anything on the grapevine. I wasn't expecting any fight announcements

Rumour has it he wants to sign the Charlo twins and if he pulls that off that’s a hell of a signing for Matchroom.

Rumour has it he wants to sign the Charlo twins and if he pulls that off that’s a hell of a signing for Matchroom.

I'd honestly not be that fussed TBH. Although it does point to Matchroom slowly but surely, trying to creep into the American market.

To us fans, I guarentee, it won't mean ****. To the Matchroom owners, it means $$$$$$

I'd honestly not be that fussed TBH. Although it does point to Matchroom slowly but surely, trying to creep into the American market.

To us fans, I guarentee, it won't mean ****. To the Matchroom owners, it means $$$$$$

The worry is will they start to increase the PPV prices to nearer to what the yanks pay. He knows people are willing to pay to watch Joshua, you watch the prices creep up.

The worry is will they start to increase the PPV prices to nearer to what the yanks pay. He knows people are willing to pay to watch Joshua, you watch the prices creep up.

Not yet. But as I've mentioned before, Barry Hearn is a massive fan of the WWE model, where they produce a PPV every month. Last year we had what, 6 PPV's? So Matchroom are halfway there. Considering that Sky PPV was resurrected only a few years ago, and Hearn was origionally granted ONE per year, it's been a massive & unwarranted increase. I mean, do you remember Tommy Coyle Vs Luke Campbell? Jesus Christ. If that's not fleecing the public, I don't know what is

And again I must stress this, it might not be seen as such a bad thing, but boxing fans are being, and will be, totally mugged off.

It was only a matter of time but it seems BT have jumped on the PPV wagon. They’ve agreed a new deal with Frank Warren to show most of their big fights and they will be introducing BT Sport Box Office and having PPV fights.

With the pathetic fights that Hearn has been known to have as PPV I expect Warren will have the same. It will be interesting to see who and which fight he will use as his first PPV. I’m going to go with either Fury or BJS when the inevitable happens and he fights GGG.

It was only a matter of time but it seems BT have jumped on the PPV wagon. They’ve agreed a new deal with Frank Warren to show most of their big fights and they will be introducing BT Sport Box Office and having PPV fights.

With the pathetic fights that Hearn has been known to have as PPV I expect Warren will have the same. It will be interesting to see who and which fight he will use as his first PPV. I’m going to go with either Fury or BJS when the inevitable happens and he fights GGG.

TBH, the deal between BT & Frank had been in place for about 2 years now. He's been trying to get the PPV platform up and running, but has been constantly hindered due to a weak stable & poor matchmaking opportunities.

BJS vs Golovkin, with Tyson Fury as chief support would be decent though.

It’s Haye Bellew 2 this weekend, what’s everyone’s thoughts?

Haye from his training videos looks in good shape and looks like he’s taking it seriously. With Ismael Salas in his corner this time he has a great trainer who has given up on Linares to focus on his time with Haye. If Haye’s body holds out I see him KOing Bellew early. If it goes past 7 then I see it going all the way and Haye’s body struggling to cope.

This is make or break for Haye, anything other than a KO means the end for him.

It’s Haye Bellew 2 this weekend, what’s everyone’s thoughts?

Haye from his training videos looks in good shape and looks like he’s taking it seriously. With Ismael Salas in his corner this time he has a great trainer who has given up on Linares to focus on his time with Haye. If Haye’s body holds out I see him KOing Bellew early. If it goes past 7 then I see it going all the way and Haye’s body struggling to cope.

This is make or break for Haye, anything other than a KO means the end for him.

Yep early Haye KO I think. The last match showed that Bellew couldn't really hurt Haye and a mobile Haye would be far better than him. Like you say, Haye looks fit and Bellew's only chance is another injury.

Haye's body is shot. He might look in good shape, but he's struggled with injuries for most of his career, and I think they've finally caught up with him.

This is actually a tough call. It's not a case of who wins between Haye and Bellew, it's a question of will Haye's body hold out. A fit David Haye will dismantle Bellew with relative ease. Haye is a formulaic fighter. He takes 1-2 rounds to get into his groove, and assess the challenge in front of him, then from the 3rd onwards, uses his speed & slick counters to bring the pain. It was clear that Haye was injured before their last fight, as he got in the ring and swung wildly from the opening bell, trying to end the fight as quick as possible. He knew he couldn't adopt his usual style, as his foot was a ticking time bomb, meaning the only way of winning was throwing caution to the wind from the get-go.

A fully fit Haye should have this wrapped up inside 5 rounds. I'd suggest the third round, could be the one to put money on, with a grouped round bet (4-6) as a back-up back-up.

But I can't deny, something is niggling away at me, and I've got a feeling that Haye will break down during the fight, and Bellew will win by default, again. He's endured some terrible injuries, and has had major surgery on numerous occasions. There's only so much punishment the body can take, and Haye's has taken a lot.

The one upside is, that Unlike last time, there's been no rumours (yet) regarding his fitness, so you have to assume he's 100% good to go.

Can I make a case for Bellew winning? Err, not really. He's a very limited, poor fighter, who got incredibly lucky during their last encounter. Haye has him beat, on every attribute; Speed, power, movement, experience. I mean ****, Haye managed to take him 5 rounds with one leg!! Nathan Cleverley took him the distance despite gassing after 3 rounds & requiring the ropes to keep him upright for the remainder of the fight!! I cannot see a way Bellew wins this, unless it's a Hand of God lucky punch, or Haye's body breaks down again.

Haye's body is shot. He might look in good shape, but he's struggled with injuries for most of his career, and I think they've finally caught up with him.

This is actually a tough call. It's not a case of who wins between Haye and Bellew, it's a question of will Haye's body hold out. A fit David Haye will dismantle Bellew with relative ease. Haye is a formulaic fighter. He takes 1-2 rounds to get into his groove, and assess the challenge in front of him, then from the 3rd onwards, uses his speed & slick counters to bring the pain. It was clear that Haye was injured before their last fight, as he got in the ring and swung wildly from the opening bell, trying to end the fight as quick as possible. He knew he couldn't adopt his usual style, as his foot was a ticking time bomb, meaning the only way of winning was throwing caution to the wind from the get-go.

A fully fit Haye should have this wrapped up inside 5 rounds. I'd suggest the third round, could be the one to put money on, with a grouped round bet (4-6) as a back-up back-up.

But I can't deny, something is niggling away at me, and I've got a feeling that Haye will break down during the fight, and Bellew will win by default, again. He's endured some terrible injuries, and has had major surgery on numerous occasions. There's only so much punishment the body can take, and Haye's has taken a lot.

The one upside is, that Unlike last time, there's been no rumours (yet) regarding his fitness, so you have to assume he's 100% good to go.

Can I make a case for Bellew winning? Err, not really. He's a very limited, poor fighter, who got incredibly lucky during their last encounter. Haye has him beat, on every attribute; Speed, power, movement, experience. I mean ****, Haye managed to take him 5 rounds with one leg!! Nathan Cleverley took him the distance despite gassing after 3 rounds & requiring the ropes to keep him upright for the remainder of the fight!! I cannot see a way Bellew wins this, unless it's a Hand of God lucky punch, or Haye's body breaks down again.

I think the big thing for Haye in this fight, is his timing already looks a lot better. In his public workout last year and subsequently in the fight, Haye's timing was awful, and with him looking for the Hayemaker from dot, it just made him look amateurish and desperate.
It looks better this time in training video's and open work out (which was right behind my building, which was fantastic, seeing as I was working from home yesterday :duh:), his camp seems happier, he's enjoying it, and from what I've seen, his timing already looks better. We'll soon know after the first bell, whether that's true or not. If so, and like GBJ says, his body holds up, I'm inclined to agree with an inside five finish. Coincidentally, 4-6 is where I've put my money. A little bit of me thinks Bellew might frustrate him, and nab a points victory, but I think that's the pessimist in me.

I'm there tomorrow night, and am really looking forward to this. I like the look of Ryder Cox, and although I'm not much of a fan of Joyce, I am of the way they're fast tracking him (I know his age is a factor), so it'll be interesting to see how he handles Thomas. Personally, I think he's slow and laborious, and doesn't carry as much power as he should with that frame, he's not the brightest tool in the box either, giving the impression of not having much of a boxing brain (that may be a little unfair).

Buatsi and Campbell are on the card too, and although up against no-marks, are at least fun to watch.

Either way, it'll be good fun.

I think the big thing for Haye in this fight, is his timing already looks a lot better. In his public workout last year and subsequently in the fight, Haye's timing was awful, and with him looking for the Hayemaker from dot, it just made him look amateurish and desperate.
It looks better this time in training video's and open work out (which was right behind my building, which was fantastic, seeing as I was working from home yesterday :duh:), his camp seems happier, he's enjoying it, and from what I've seen, his timing already looks better. We'll soon know after the first bell, whether that's true or not. If so, and like GBJ says, his body holds up, I'm inclined to agree with an inside five finish. Coincidentally, 4-6 is where I've put my money. A little bit of me thinks Bellew might frustrate him, and nab a points victory, but I think that's the pessimist in me.

I'm there tomorrow night, and am really looking forward to this. I like the look of Ryder Cox, and although I'm not much of a fan of Joyce, I am of the way they're fast tracking him (I know his age is a factor), so it'll be interesting to see how he handles Thomas. Personally, I think he's slow and laborious, and doesn't carry as much power as he should with that frame, he's not the brightest tool in the box either, giving the impression of not having much of a boxing brain (that may be a little unfair).

Buatsi and Campbell are on the card too, and although up against no-marks, are at least fun to watch.

Either way, it'll be good fun.

They had Joyce on Toe 2 Toe, he’s thick as pig ****. Really has nothing about him but I agree with you it’s great to see them not putting him in against Latvian bouncers and Hungarian taxi drivers. I’d like to see the Chisora fight next if he wins on Saturday.

Cox Ryder (see what I did there) has the potential to be a great fight. I think Cox edges it personally.

Buatsi was terrible in his last outing didn’t really look that great, he needs to put in a KO performance against whichever eastern European builder, bouncer, taxi driver they’ve lined up for him. All the people in the team GB camps have him as the best and brightest prospect to come out of there. I think we need to see him taking a step up in the next 18 months. I’d like to see him in against Buglioni.

I’m working so unfortunately won’t be able to watch it but will be following closely on social media. No doubt there will be plenty of fighting in the crowd with all the dirty scousers in the arena with the double hard cockneys. Stay safe Wes!

They had Joyce on Toe 2 Toe, he’s thick as pig ****. Really has nothing about him but I agree with you it’s great to see them not putting him in against Latvian bouncers and Hungarian taxi drivers. I’d like to see the Chisora fight next if he wins on Saturday.

Cox Ryder (see what I did there) has the potential to be a great fight. I think Cox edges it personally.

Buatsi was terrible in his last outing didn’t really look that great, he needs to put in a KO performance against whichever eastern European builder, bouncer, taxi driver they’ve lined up for him. All the people in the team GB camps have him as the best and brightest prospect to come out of there. I think we need to see him taking a step up in the next 18 months. I’d like to see him in against Buglioni.

I’m working so unfortunately won’t be able to watch it but will be following closely on social media. No doubt there will be plenty of fighting in the crowd with all the dirty scousers in the arena with the double hard cockneys. Stay safe Wes!

Agree on Cox Ryder (groan :winking:), Ryder has always come up short at domestic level at MW. Like any boxer going up weight, he claimed he was killing himself, but I think Cox will be too strong for him at SMW, and will stop him in the second half of the fight. I do expect them both to go after each other after a cagey couple of first rounds though, which should make for good viewing.

I'd actually forgotten about Buatsi's last outing. I think I may guilty, like many others, of still putting him on a pedestal because of his exciting Olympic performances. Hopefully, he recaptures some of that form and shows us some of his attacking prowess and power.

Haha, I'll try my best mate. :punch:

Back