• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brook has pulled out of the Chavez fight due to a rib injury sustained during sparring!

On the subject of Eubank's I love Snr but does he seriously think his son would beat GGG? I think he is probably the only person in boxing who thinks that.

The cynic in me wonders if this means the Khan fight is much closer than we think.

Re: Matthysse, didn't he say he was blind for twenty seconds or so, so couldn't get up?

The thing with the Eubanks, is you know it's all hypemachine. It's not a bad thing, & most of the time it's quite entertaining, but it's best to take it all with a pinch of salt, because behind closed doors, neither Eubank thinks Jr, is beating GGG.

Shame for Brook. His career just can't seem to progress.

See GGG was back over the weekend. Hopefully, big fights are on the horizon for him.

Quigg vs Frampton is on for Feb next year at Manchester Arena!! About ****ing time.

Quigg vs Frampton is on for Feb next year at Manchester Arena!! About ****ing time.

Delighted and gutted all in one. So pleased this fight has been made, gutted as I'm away for Mrs Blue_Wes's Grandparents 60th Wedding Anniversary. SKYGo or messy break-up it is then.

#TeamQuigg

Decent fight. About time they've sorted it.

I dont wanna seem negative towards it, but I don't buy into the hype around it though. It's a brilliant domestic fight, pretty much a 50:50 fight & both are doing well in their respective careers. I'm excited, but I'm not losing my **** over it.

I guess it's because I know deep down, that the division hasn't been the best, talentwise, their resume's are ok, (but not outstanding) & the biggest factor of all, they've both repeatedly swerved the main man of the division, Rigo.

I'd edge Frampton atm, but I'm not exactly convinced of that.

Great domestic fight. Great 50:50 fight. Great progressive fight. Doesn't deserve the hype that Sky will inevitably give it. Infact, just the thought of that no-mark, company **** Nick Halling spewing "the two best fighters in the division, possibly two best p4p fighters today etc etc" makes me mad.

Not boxing but related due to her gobbing off at Mayweather.

Did anyone see Ronda Rousey get knocked the **** out!! Absolutely brilliant and that is the Ronda Rousey hype train well and truly derailed!

David Haye has started training with Shane McGuigan, Carl Frampton's trainer. Comeback on the cards? Maybe the long awaited bout between him and Fury or is this just a massive mistake by Haye?

David Haye has started training with Shane McGuigan, Carl Frampton's trainer. Comeback on the cards? Maybe the long awaited bout between him and Fury or is this just a massive mistake by Haye?

Yep, Haye is back & will make his announcement later today. Can't say I'm overly excited, but at the same time, will still watch, when he gets back into the ring. I just wonder of of the hunger is still there tbh. Is this a money/fame thing, or does he genuinely still believe he can become HW champ again? I'm not interested, and I dare say most boxing fans would agree, in seeing Haye roll over tomato cans, hasbeens & hype jobs. Please, can we see some decent matchmaking

WAR Fury this weekend. Gun to my head, I see a Klitschko win, BUT Tyson's got a chance. To win via stoppage he's 11/2 with WH. That's where my money will be, even if I don't necessarily believe it

Yep, Haye is back & will make his announcement later today. Can't say I'm overly excited, but at the same time, will still watch, when he gets back into the ring. I just wonder of of the hunger is still there tbh. Is this a money/fame thing, or does he genuinely still believe he can become HW champ again? I'm not interested, and I dare say most boxing fans would agree, in seeing Haye roll over tomato cans, hasbeens & hype jobs. Please, can we see some decent matchmaking

WAR Fury this weekend. Gun to my head, I see a Klitschko win, BUT Tyson's got a chance. To win via stoppage he's 11/2 with WH. That's where my money will be, even if I don't necessarily believe it

That's only if they sort the issue with Gloves. The gloves that Fury has been given he's not happy with and if they don't sort the new ones in time he says he won't fight! I hope he does because I'm really looking forward to this one.

That's only if they sort the issue with Gloves. The gloves that Fury has been given he's not happy with and if they don't sort the new ones in time he says he won't fight! I hope he does because I'm really looking forward to this one.

I would imagine this is a non-event really. Potentially mind games, but let's say it's genuine. Firstly, the glove manufacturers* will now be working around the clock to sort the problem, And secondly, there's no way Fury won't fight. I just can't see it. The money he's lost in the past & would lose from this, wouldn't be justifiable.

*I've never actually heard of Paffen as a brand, so don't know much about their reputation. Grant or Cleto Reyes are the more respected & reputable brands.

Well, Haye's back. Where do we start with this shambles. Ok, his first fight will be against a man named Mark de Mori. I'd never heard of him before, so checked his boxrec page, to find out some details. At first, it looked good & a decent return fight for Haye. The guy has 30 wins from 33 bouts, including 2 drawers & only one stoppage defeat. Plus he boasts a decent 79% KO ratio.

Hoooowever... All of those opponents have been novices, or journeymen. De Mori is ranked lower, than the following (who are all names, that boxing fans should be familiar with); Michael Sprott, Denis Bakhtov, Andriy Rudenko, Kevin Johnson, Gary Cornish. All of which have had an absolute pummelling from either AJ or Hughie Fury in the past 12 months or so. It's all about levels, and in football terms, it's the equivalent of a part-time, injury-hit, minnow team, away at a mid-table premier league team, who're fielding their strongest XI.

Haye will finish it, whenever he wants. Forget "tune-up," this will be a glorified sparring match.

I doubt The O2 will sell out, and to make matters worse, Haye hasn't even got a TV deal ATM. The rumour is, Sky won't touch him, or this event, as they deem it too much of a risk. What with the high profile pull-outs & Haye's stock being at an all time low, with fans. Which makes Haye's return to the ring, (which I believe is not to win titles, but to cash in on the Sky PPV money) almost farcical

Haye-Joshua, in the near future, would be an exciting fight while it lasted, but I can't see Eddie Hearn wanting to put his cashcow on the line. Yet.

Incredible! I couldn't call that but to get a UD. An excellent day for British boxing.

Tyson Fury is a complete and utter ********.

But that fight was great (well it was ****, but enjoyable) and I'm really glad someone finally toppled the Klitschkos. I think when Wlad started banging in the last couple of rounds we all thought it was going to end in a terrible decision, but glad the judges recognised that Fury was the only one who was trying to fight (even though he was dropping his head soooo much). Wlad turned his back a lot, which should have got a points deduction.

I was one of Tyson biggest fans , following him right from the begining , but his rants condeming gays and others has put me right of him , they say that people who live in glass houses should not throw stones , have not seen him condem people who gouge peoples eyes out .

Tyson Fury is a complete and utter ********.

But that fight was great (well it was ****, but enjoyable) and I'm really glad someone finally toppled the Klitschkos. I think when Wlad started banging in the last couple of rounds we all thought it was going to end in a terrible decision, but glad the judges recognised that Fury was the only one who was trying to fight (even though he was dropping his head soooo much). Wlad turned his back a lot, which should have got a points deduction.

Think Lennox Lewis would have something to say about that statement.

Think Lennox Lewis would have something to say about that statement.

well that's debatable. Vitali started as the underdog, and was up on points when TKO'd for a bad cut. I don't think by any stretch that he was 'toppled' by Lewis. Especially because Lewis dodged the mandatory rematch.

Great fight though.

WAAAAAAAAAAAR FURY

Well done Luke.

Well done mate, I always doubted him, never gave him even a punchers chance, and always criticised him. You on the other hand, backed him from day one, told me why I was wrong, and after years??? Of debate, you won through.

And yeah, I had Fury winning too, a little closer than the judges, but he deserved his win tonight.

Well played buddy.

Good to see DeGale defend his title this morning against Bute. A good 12 hours for British boxing.

If Fury wins on the rematch against Klitschko he's got to fight Wilder!

Well done mate, I always doubted him, never gave him even a punchers chance, and always criticised him. You on the other hand, backed him from day one, told me why I was wrong, and after years??? Of debate, you won through.

And yeah, I had Fury winning too, a little closer than the judges, but he deserved his win tonight.

Well played buddy.

Im still recovering. What an incredible win. Love him, or hate him, he's excellent for boxing, and will now open the division right up. WAR Tyson!!

Back