• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Parker vs Fury is off! Hearing a hand injury to Hughie.

Not overly surprised about this tbh. Disappointed but, not surprised. I don't think Hughie would have got a fair judge over there anyway.

Parker says he would be happy to face Bellew in the UK.

It won't happen.

If Joshua comes through Klitschko victorious then it's sounding like Joshua vs Wilder in the US at the end of the year.

Yep that seems to be the aim. It's the reason Hearn signed a deal with HBO, and the same reason Wilder is part of the Sky commentary team for Saturday.

Watched the Murray vs Rosado fight last night and it ended with a really bizarre bunch of score cards. It was a close fight but the judges scored it 116-112, 119-109 and 114-114. Not quite sure what judge one saw but judge two must've been on smack or watching a different fight. Rosado was obviously ****ed about the result which you cannot blame him, but that's boxing! Murray looked alright but I still can't see him winning that world title. He's missed the boat now I'm afraid, he's had his chances and have not taken them.

Still not sure what Murray is trying to achieve. He won't win anything at World level, as the champions in both the MW & SMW divisions are simply too good for him.

Tommy Langford lost to Avtandil Khurtsidze with a KO win. Gutted for Langford but Khurtsidze sets himself up with a fight against BJS. They went at each other after the fight with Billy looking a little podgy. Billy will have to take this fight unless a fight can be agreed with GGG. GGG has an 'injury' and is looking to fight Canelo at the end of the year so probably doesn't want a fight in June.

Triple G is not too far short of the end of his career, he doesn't want to waste his time on small earners. BJS doesn't earn him a massive payday, like Canelo would. BJS is a simple case of a talented fighter, who has never had true dedication, and therefore will never reach his potential

Shawn Porter beat Andre Berto last night in a convincing win. Porter is like Murray except he was a world champ but I can't see him getting another world belt with the welterweight division being so strong. He doesn't beat the likes of Thurman, Brook, Spence, Garcia.

I don't mind Porter to much, but I think you're right, his days of World Titles are finished.

Mr Deluded trying to get himself another big payday to only end up flat out on the canvas. He got battered by Danny Garcia and does he really think he stands a chance against Keith Thurman? Why not fight someone you know you can beat and get all the casuals on your side and then put yourself in against Thurman. If he loses to Thurman and Brook beats Spence he has no chance of getting a fight against Brook. Brook holds the cards when it comes to the Khan fight.

Come on now mate, don't let or hatred for Khan blind you, Khan has always held the cards in respect to a Brook fight. Brook & Hearn have literally begged Khan for the fight, and Khan laughs it off & goes and grabs a $10m fight in Vegas.

Khan has even stated, that fight happens, when HE wants it, not when Brook wants it. In truth, he doesn't need Brook in the slightest, and never has. Brook & Hearns desperation for the Khan fight is laughable

It's one of those days it seems!

Tyson Fury now saying he will fight on the undercard of the BJS vs Khurtsidze card whenever that is organised for.

No chance IMO. I don't think we'll see him back in a ring, this year. He's got too much to do, before then.

I understand your concerns with Fury but if all goes to plan he may make July! He's gone out to Marbella to train at Matthew Macklin's MTK gym with BJS who is in camp for his next fight. It won't take him long to drop the weight out there. I can only imagine if he is targeting a July return. He will fight a bum or someone at the end of their career. Someone like Eric Molina maybe? He looked awful against Joshua. It would be suicide to his career and his reputation to jump in against one of the 'top' boys in July. Only time will tell but it's something I will be keeping a close eye on. He's my favourite heavyweight of this current crop.

I met Manny Pacquiou 3 weeks ago and i can tell you he looks super fit for his upcoming fight with Jeff Horn in Brisbane,dont you people ever write Pacman off ,he still got the hunger and the nous as well as the hand speed.

I met Manny Pacquiou 3 weeks ago and i can tell you he looks super fit for his upcoming fight with Jeff Horn in Brisbane,dont you people ever write Pacman off ,he still got the hunger and the nous as well as the hand speed.

Pac peaked around 2008-9, and has been on a steady decline since 2010.

Hunger? Please. Anyone who chooses to defend their World Titles, against a guy who regularly fights for/defends intercontinental titles, ain't that hungry. He could have chose real tough fights like, Thurman, Garcia, Spense Jr. Instead he's cherry picked an opponent who, barring any Haye-Bellew injury miracles, won't offer too much to the near 40-year-old.

The Khan fight dropping brought was the best thing to happen for Manny, as Khan would have probably ended his career.

I understand your concerns with Fury but if all goes to plan he may make July! He's gone out to Marbella to train at Matthew Macklin's MTK gym with BJS who is in camp for his next fight. It won't take him long to drop the weight out there. I can only imagine if he is targeting a July return. He will fight a bum or someone at the end of their career. Someone like Eric Molina maybe? He looked awful against Joshua. It would be suicide to his career and his reputation to jump in against one of the 'top' boys in July. Only time will tell but it's something I will be keeping a close eye on. He's my favourite heavyweight of this current crop.

I don't disagree mate, Tyson is quite comfortably the best to watch from the current crop.

You mean the MGM? Macklin's Gym Marbella. You should do some research about the place mate. Find out who truly owns it & what kind of stuff goes on there.

I don't disagree mate, Tyson is quite comfortably the best to watch from the current crop.

You mean the MGM? Macklin's Gym Marbella. You should do some research about the place mate. Find out who truly owns it & what kind of stuff goes on there.

It's been rebranded as MTK 'Mack The Knife'. I don't know much about it but read it had a shady background (weren't the people connected to it involved in the Jamie Moore stabbing??).

I saw that Fury was training out there this week and he looks massive (even for a heavyweight) and I'd also be surprised if he can (1) Drop enough weight and (2) Get conditioned enough to go past four rounds before July. BJS also looked big, seems to have a Ricky Hatton mentality of blowing up in between fights.

It's been rebranded as MTK 'Mack The Knife'. I don't know much about it but read it had a shady background (weren't the people connected to it involved in the Jamie Moore stabbing??).

Rebranding doesn't change much. MGM/MTK is a front for the Kinahan's. Allegedly. Their story is one worth looking into. The international drug cartels, Jamie Moore's shooting, David Byrne's murder are all very much intertwined.

It's very well known around the boxing gyms in this country, and comes with the warning that anyone going over there to train, should know their place, stick to what they're there for & keep themselves to themselves.

I saw that Fury was training out there this week and he looks massive (even for a heavyweight) and I'd also be surprised if he can (1) Drop enough weight and (2) Get conditioned enough to go past four rounds before July. BJS also looked big, seems to have a Ricky Hatton mentality of blowing up in between fights.

I think the heaviest he ever went in at, was 23st. He fought Wlad at 17-18 IIRC. He needs to be sub-20 stone IMO. At the moment, he's probably 6 stone above his peak.

I mentioned BJS the other day. He's talented as ****, but has no dedication at all. And the difference with him & Hatton is, Hatton had superior talent to BJS.

From his latest tweet to Ricky Hatton asking him to join fat club he says he needs to drop 7 stone!

I don't know what goes on at MTK, I always thought how are they getting away with the name MGM Marbella and the logo too. To be honest I'm not all that bothered either. They've got BJS and Fury out there so I'm interested in how their training is going on.

Agree about BJS it seems that gypsy mentality. They have a talent but get too cocky and think all they have to do is show up and win. If BJS and Tyson Fury were like GGG and Joshua/Klitschko and took the sport seriously they would be exceptional and probably get the attention that GGG and Joshua/Klitschko get.

The fight is on Saturday and the closer it gets the more I feel that people really are underestimating Wlad. I feel sorry for Fury because they make out that Wlad wasn't on his game and was looking old. Old maybe, wasn't on his game is harsh on Fury. Fury brought something to the ring that Wlad couldn't deal with. If Joshua beats Klitschko it's the best win ever. Fury does it and he gets nothing but abuse and comments about Klitschko.

What Joshua needs to do? Watch that ****ing jab! If he keeps his jab in check then like Fury you disable Klitschko. My worry and concern for Joshua is when Whyte landed he landed with a left hook. Klitschko will lead with that right jab and finish with the left hook. He knocked Pulev out with a left hook.

What people seem to over look also is Klitschko's record. He's won 64 of his 68 fights with 53 knockouts! That's a huge amount for the amount of fights his been in and can't be taken lightly.

I'm a Joshua fan, I've seen every single one of his fights live either on TV or at the event itself including seeing him win the world title live. I would love it if he wins but I genuinely don't think it's going to be as easy as people are making out.

From his latest tweet to Ricky Hatton asking him to join fat club he says he needs to drop 7 stone!

I don't know what goes on at MTK, I always thought how are they getting away with the name MGM Marbella and the logo too. To be honest I'm not all that bothered either. They've got BJS and Fury out there so I'm interested in how their training is going on.

Agree about BJS it seems that gypsy mentality. They have a talent but get too cocky and think all they have to do is show up and win. If BJS and Tyson Fury were like GGG and Joshua/Klitschko and took the sport seriously they would be exceptional and probably get the attention that GGG and Joshua/Klitschko get.

The fight is on Saturday and the closer it gets the more I feel that people really are underestimating Wlad. I feel sorry for Fury because they make out that Wlad wasn't on his game and was looking old. Old maybe, wasn't on his game is harsh on Fury. Fury brought something to the ring that Wlad couldn't deal with. If Joshua beats Klitschko it's the best win ever. Fury does it and he gets nothing but abuse and comments about Klitschko.

What Joshua needs to do? Watch that ****ing jab! If he keeps his jab in check then like Fury you disable Klitschko. My worry and concern for Joshua is when Whyte landed he landed with a left hook. Klitschko will lead with that right jab and finish with the left hook. He knocked Pulev out with a left hook.

What people seem to over look also is Klitschko's record. He's won 64 of his 68 fights with 53 knockouts! That's a huge amount for the amount of fights his been in and can't be taken lightly.

I'm a Joshua fan, I've seen every single one of his fights live either on TV or at the event itself including seeing him win the world title live. I would love it if he wins but I genuinely don't think it's going to be as easy as people are making out.

I like both fighters so what I'm really hoping for is a great match. I suppose I'd prefer Joshua to win just because he's got it all in front of him but I totally agree that this match is no foregone conclusion. Looking forward to this one, a real challenge for Joshua, he's stepping up.

As above I'd like Joshua to win, but would question whether he has enough head movement to avoid the jab of Klitch. Should be an interesting fight though and makes a change to see a build up with respect (saw Bellew and Wilder were going off at each other at the weigh-in earlier, no doubt all part of the show to sell their fight once it gets announced).

Controversial view but personally I don't like AJ (actually its more his surrounding team). His so media trained and everything is done to make him look good. So many videos this week that have been set up to make him look like a great guy, like the one where he gives his old trainer a car. I hate the fact he went to PPV so early in his career and his only a big star because of his Olympic success.

Like others have said it will be a close fight and I liked Steve Bunces article recently saying that it's either a fight to early or a fight to late. Which is true, I would like to see AJ lose and his fan base brought back to earth a bit but I think it will be a close and entertaining fight.

who cares anyway, as others have said Tyson Fury is the real champ, he would of beaten AJ if he had said fit without his issues and I still think if he comes back with a warm up fight or two he will be the best

Controversial view but personally I don't like AJ (actually its more his surrounding team). His so media trained and everything is done to make him look good. So many videos this week that have been set up to make him look like a great guy, like the one where he gives his old trainer a car. I hate the fact he went to PPV so early in his career and his only a big star because of his Olympic success.

Like others have said it will be a close fight and I liked Steve Bunces article recently saying that it's either a fight to early or a fight to late. Which is true, I would like to see AJ lose and his fan base brought back to earth a bit but I think it will be a close and entertaining fight.

who cares anyway, as others have said Tyson Fury is the real champ, he would of beaten AJ if he had said fit without his issues and I still think if he comes back with a warm up fight or two he will be the best

Took the words right out of my mouth. I'm sick of this PR manufactured AJ, and wish to **** that Matchroom would let him off the leash, to be true to himself. I'm not saying he's gotta be as crazy as Larry Holmes around limousines, I'd just prefer to see the real AJ, instead of this butter wouldn't melt, boy-next-door crap that Matchroom have crammed down people's throats.

Anyway, this was my prediction for the fight a couple of months ago, and nothing has really changed in my mind.

I keep going back & forth on this. Common sense tells me that there's no way a 41-year-old, can climb off of the shelf after 18-months, off the back a humiliating defeat, and pose a genuine threat. Nevermind his body holding out, can his mind? If AJ starts banking rounds, or worse, puts him down, can Wlad get his mind right?

However, on the flip side, I can't ignore the technical side. Wlad is famous for his counter left-hook. He's a beast with it. Let's say hypothetically, Wlad is shot mentally & physically (I don't neccessarily think he is, but nobody knows) AJ is methodical & robotic, he works himself in close, then plants those feet & throws the quick 1-2's. Left jab, right cross, left jab, right cross. He doesn't have a punch variation, and never changes angles. It's always square on, straight down the barrel. it's the same old gameplan. It's as regular as clockwork, and has worked excellently against awful opponents. When he does this though, he leaves himself wide open to the counter left hook. Which just happens to be Wlad's specialty. And that doesn't bode well for AJ's chin, which is made of fine bone china.

I fully believe Wlad is a live opponent, and I'll probably have a punt on him winning by stoppage

Technically, AJ has so many flaws, that up against such a talented & experienced ATG fighter, you have to believe AJ is in too deep. As long as Wlad's body holds out.

Also, AJ has come in at his heaviest ever weight. For a man who hasn't ever been into the championship rounds, that is such a worry. You've gotta expect that AJ wants it over as early as possible, and does not fancy going into those late rounds. But it's a brand new challenge for him, because he's never been in with a fighter of this calibre, with this much experience. I can't see AJ bossing Wlad, and walking him down over the opening rounds. But he's gotta find something, because I'd say AJ has the first 4-5 rounds to win this. Then after that, it's Wlad by KO.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I'm sick of this PR manufactured AJ, and wish to **** that Matchroom would let him off the leash, to be true to himself. I'm not saying he's gotta be as crazy as Larry Holmes around limousines, I'd just prefer to see the real AJ, instead of this butter wouldn't melt, boy-next-door crap that Matchroom have crammed down people's throats.

Anyway, this was my prediction for the fight a couple of months ago, and nothing has really changed in my mind.

Technically, AJ has so many flaws, that up against such a talented & experienced ATG fighter, you have to believe AJ is in too deep. As long as Wlad's body holds out.

Also, AJ has come in at his heaviest ever weight. For a man who hasn't ever been into the championship rounds, that is such a worry. You've gotta expect that AJ wants it over as early as possible, and does not fancy going into those late rounds. But it's a brand new challenge for him, because he's never been in with a fighter of this calibre, with this much experience. I can't see AJ bossing Wlad, and walking him down over the opening rounds. But he's gotta find something, because I'd say AJ has the first 4-5 rounds to win this. Then after that, it's Wlad by KO.

I watched the BBC documentary with AJ the road to Klitschko. When I watched it all I kept thinking is a guy who wants to beat the **** out of people can't be that nice of a guy. I know he has had a shady past and he nearly ended up inside, pretty sure whilst he was training to be an Olympic boxer and that's the only thing that stopped it. We saw a little of his other side in one of the face offs with Dominic Brazaele (not quite sure that's how you spell it but **** it!). Also when he beat Whyte he didn't seem so 'humble' or friendly after that. It's what the public like about him and why so many casuals love him. Yes he's good for boxing as he brings attention and helps the sport. But for hardcore fans he's a nightmare because the genuine fans can't get a sniff at tickets because every casual or celeb gets the tickets.

Anyway onto the fight, couldn't agree more with GBJ. The weigh in really did it for me it and proved that AJ fears the later rounds and wants to get him out early. Klitschko has to do what Fury did to him and frustrate him and when he gets frustrated he will make mistakes leave himself open and that left hook will send him to the canvas! It's the same shot that's Whyte landed and rocked him with. Klitschko is looking lean and a little lighter than normal so he's expecting to go the distance. For me this fight does not go the distance! The first 5 rounds will determine this fight if AJ is still going after that then it's Klitschko's to lose. AJ will start blowing after about 7 and leave himself open for Klitschko to KO him in the 9th.

I am an AJ fan I do like him, not as much as Fury but I think he has huge potential! But for me this is a step too early. There are plenty of easier options out there for him. He could've unified against one of Wilder or Parker. Those would've been easier tests for him and then he could've taken on an even older Klitschko and made it an easier fight for himself.

On a side note it's been announced that the winner of this fight must fight Pulev as their next fight.

Barry McGuigan was interviewed on Radio2 this morning; he came across as a nice bloke.
he expects Joshua to win in about 6 rounds.

The first 5 rounds will determine this fight if AJ is still going after that then it's Klitschko's to lose. AJ will start blowing after about 7 and leave himself open for Klitschko to KO him in the 9th.

IIRC, AJ was blowing after 4-5 rounds against Whyte, and I don't see anything dissimilar happening here. Especially with the weight gain, those muscles will be crying out for oxygen, and AJ's lungs won't be able to pump it fast enough. When your body gets in that state, that's when mistakes happen. Concentration falters, reactions aren't quick enough. Whyte rocked AJ when he gassed. Wlad will go a step further

On a side note it's been announced that the winner of this fight must fight Pulev as their next fight.

Meh, crap fight either way. It would be a backwards step for AJ, and Wlad already starched Pulev a few years ago.

Barry McGuigan was interviewed on Radio2 this morning; he came across as a nice bloke.
he expects Joshua to win in about 6 rounds.

That's the good thing about this fight, it is a genuine 50/50 fight, which has split fans/pundits alike. That's what Boxing needs. These big crossover fights, where the two fighters both have genuine chances of winning. Not the usual PPV crap we see, where one fighter is 1/50 to win.

What a sensational fight last night. And I think AJ has proved the doubters and myself wrong last night. He came out in the 5th and knocked Klitschko down and it looked like that was it. For one of the usual bums he fights that would be the case but Klitschko came back fighting and very strong with a great knock down in the 6th. Joshua had punched himself dry and looked absolutely ****ed and I thought he was gone. For the next couple of rounds he looked spent like there was nothing left in the tank. He used those rounds to recover well and Klitschko didn't take advantage of this. And then in the 11th he managed another great knock down and eventually got the win.

That win makes him by far the best fighter in the division by a long shot. He beats them all after this win. I think this fight has taught him a lot and that knockdown will have done him the world of good. It brings him down to earth and let's him know he is not invincible! He beats Wilder and Parker with no real troubles.

There is still only one man in the division that beats him and that Tyson Fury. If he can get back to how he was for his Klitschko fight then he will beat Joshua. And that is a big if!

Enjoyed the post fight interviews in the ring and when they went to Eddie Hearn hearing 90,000 people booing him! That put a smile on my face the smarmy faced cockney crook! I don't know who organised the ring walk for AJ but what was the AJ in flames and raising platforms all about? It looked *****! But he didn't need to go over the top with the undercard or production as the fight sells itself and it sold itself in great fashion. Gutted I didn't get tickets as I bet it was a great atmosphere. Oh well bring on May 27 Bramall Lane I will be there! War Brook!!

Listened to the fight on R5 Live last night, amazing fight back by AJ. Sounded like he was well down on the scorecards going into the 11th, and did incredibly well to survive the end of the 5th and 6th round. Going into the 11th it was hard to invisage how AJ had the strength left to KO Klitschko, but came out all guns blazing and nailed it.

Watched some highlights on YouTube this morning, incredible 5th and 6th round and the 11th round performance by AJ showed he has become a genuine player in this division.

If Fury can get back to full strength both physically (and mentally, if poss) then that would be one hell of a fight, possibly eclipse last night.

Hopefully inspiration for the lads today! Hope for an 11th round KO of Millwall and we blag that PO place.

I really shouldn't like this brutal sport but we go back quite a while. As a young kid I remember waking up in the middle of the night back in 1955 to listen on the radio to Don Cockel fighting Rocky Marciano for the World Heavyweight title.
Brutal was the best way to describe last night. I remember myself thinking towards the end of round 6,that there was no way Joshua was going to last until the end of the fight........he looked dead out on his feet. Incredible come back where youth, fitness, determination and immense self-belief somehow saw him through in the end. The replays of the blows they gave each other truly made me wince.

Listened to the fight on R5 Live last night, amazing fight back by AJ. Sounded like he was well down on the scorecards going into the 11th, and did incredibly well to survive the end of the 5th and 6th round. Going into the 11th it was hard to invisage how AJ had the strength left to KO Klitschko, but came out all guns blazing and nailed it.

Watched some highlights on YouTube this morning, incredible 5th and 6th round and the 11th round performance by AJ showed he has become a genuine player in this division.

If Fury can get back to full strength both physically (and mentally, if poss) then that would be one hell of a fight, possibly eclipse last night.

Hopefully inspiration for the lads today! Hope for an 11th round KO of Millwall and we blag that PO place.

Is exactly what I thought but the judges scorecards were 96-93 for two judges in favour of AJ and one in favour of Klitschko! I did say to my friends who were at mine watching the fight if this goes to the cards AJ will win even though Klitschko was up on the cards.

Back