• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I know you said Fury is looking to get back on the BJS card, I have just heard it maybe on the rescheduled Flanagan v Hooker fight on 9th June.

Yeah there's plenty of rumours around & each have credibility. Whatever card Tyson is on, (especially his first comeback fight) will instantly double the crowd numbers. Flanagan - Hooker IMO, doesn't sell a great lot of tickets, so adding Fury to that bill would be savvy bit of business for Frank, so it would make sense. I've also heard that he could return on Framptons bill.

I'd prefer him to return on BJS' bill (solely due to a London venue), although the last time I went to an event with BJS & Tyson Fury on, it was lawless as ****.

As for Saturday, I like Browne. He's a limited guy, not technically great, but has plenty of heart & loves to fight. I would personally say that Whyte has too much for him, although I would like to see Browne do it.

My prediction is Whyte on points, unless Browne's stamina gives out, in which case Whyte by late stoppage

Either fighter split decision 9/1 on Sky bet or would you go for whyte on points?

I like the look of the split decision odds. Most experts think it will go the distance

Those odds are well worth a £5er of anyone's money. I do fancy it to go the distance and a the chances of a split decision are fair.

If it goes to point then regardless of performance the Matchroom fight will win.

Yep. Hard to see Browne winning on points. A draw could be well worth a punt, as they have been known to occur with Matchroom events in the past

Nice. Word of advice for you mate, keep an eye on the seats nearer the ring. If they're empty just before the main event, just walk down and nab them. It's not a sell out tonight, and I'd bet the more expensive seats will be free. Trust me, I speak from experience

:winking:

Did that at the Copper Box, end up being ringside for the main event.

Given that Yarde massively ducked Burton, who at this stage beats Yarde imo, I'm not overly worried about him. Watching him waltz threw a dozen tomato cans may look good given his size, but he's not fought anyone that's really fought back that I've seen. Lets see how he does when under pressure himself. And I can tell you how he would get on against Bivol and Kovalev, he wouldn't get past the first half of the fight. He suffers the same as Buglioni in that he has limited head movement, and against fighter's that not only would be able to take his shots, but deliver big solid concussive punches of their own, he'd be found out pretty quick. It was a decent victory on Saturday, and he looked impressive, but he wasn't 1/40 on for nothing.

As for Buglioni, annihilate, come on buddy. As I say, he's limited, he's got poor to no head movement, and his footwork isn't great under pressure; all of which see's him tagged a lot (see Chudinov / Burton), but he's got a fantastic engine and work rate, and a decent chin to boot, and he would be more than capable of doing what no-one else has, and that's putting Yarde under pressure and testing his engine in the championship rounds; I think it would be far closer than you think*.

Either way, I can't wait to see him put another one of Gallagher's mob to the sword in March.

Think I will just leave this here. :whistling:

Well Browne was absolutely terrible. Came in looking really heavy and was slow with absolutely no defence. He got battered and came in with the wrong game plan of hoping to land that one punch. He looked like a doorman who Dillian would’ve fought in one of his early fights.

It was a good knockout but I think any half decent heavyweight could’ve knocked him out. Now everyone is going to be hyping up Whyte! He will get his shot against someone at world level like Wilder and go crashing back to the ground like when he faced Joshua.

Lewis Ritson is the real deal!

Yep. Looked very sharp. Needs to move his head more though, as he got caught several times with unnecessary shots. Luckily for him, Cardle has always been pillow-fisted. But if he wants to tackle the top names in the division, he needs to address this issue. He's got age on his side though, and looks like he could certainly reach the top level.

Don't think Browne did himself justice yesterday. He came in far too heavy, looked out of shape, and clearly didn't have the stamina to last the distance. Not even sure what his gameplan was. Just hoping to catch Whyte at some point? An all-round strange approach to a relatively big opportunity.

Whyte looked good, but after seeing the first round, it was obvious that Browne wasn't going to offer much of a threat, so it wasn't hard. Not convinced Whyte beats Wilder though. He loses a slug-fest, and doesn't possess the tactical nous to outpoint Deontay.

Attention turns to AJ - Parker now.

Parker is a frustrating fighter. Someone who just hasn't lived up to his potential. He's by-far the quickest of the current heavyweights, but his gas tank permanently runs on fumes. Fully expect him to win the opening rounds, and look very sharp and quick in the process. But once he starts tiring, (probably around the 5th/6th) Joshua will pick him off with his (predictable) 1-2 combo's.

My prediction is a Joshua stoppage from 7-9

I really feel like this will go the distance. Obviously if it goes the distance then Joshua wins on points regardless of how it should be ala Whyte v Chisora.

I’m not watching this one as I’m in London watching Evanescence for the wife’s birthday but will be keeping an eye out. Some decent fights on the undercard, big step ups for Cordina and Kelly.

Enjoyed my first experience, although as a guest I had to go with the flow and didn't watch much boxing apart from the main event.
Like you guys said, Browne looked awful and Whyte never looked in any trouble. I think he deserves another crack at a big name opponent but agree that he won't have enough to beat any of Wilder, Fury, Joshua. Do you think he'd have any chance of a match against Haye after the Bellew fight?

Enjoyed my first experience, although as a guest I had to go with the flow and didn't watch much boxing apart from the main event.
Like you guys said, Browne looked awful and Whyte never looked in any trouble. I think he deserves another crack at a big name opponent but agree that he won't have enough to beat any of Wilder, Fury, Joshua. Do you think he'd have any chance of a match against Haye after the Bellew fight?

Whyte beats both of them. Bellew wouldn't survive the shots that Browne took. As soon as a genuine HW lands on Bellew, I'd have thought it will be the end of his foray at that weight.

Marginally tougher to say for certain with Haye, until we've seen what he has got left. Personally I think he's shot. Age has caught up with him, and his body just cannot stay injury free. I'd favour Whyte quite heavily, in that scenario, despite the fact that Haye is better technically.

It seems for all intents and purposes though, that Hearn is trying to angle a fight for Whyte against Wilder. But reading between the lines, Hearn would also be very happy to do AJ vs Whyte II. And it would make perfect promotional sense.
If Whyte was made mandatory for Wilder's WBC belt, then it could be hyped as the winner faces AJ In a unification fight. Or on the other hand, if Whyte doesn't get the Wilder fight, he will likely be fed to AJ again... Which would be hyped as the winner faces Wilder, in a unification match.

Back