• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Uncomfortable all round IMHO. I feel the ref was too slow and should have stopped the fight earlier and I have a bad feeling ng about the genuiness of the Eubank regrets. Boxing is a big loser here. Let's hope Blackwell makes a full recovery.

Its such a tough call for a referee. Vic Laughlin is a seasoned veteran, and acted fairly at the time IMO. In hindsight it should have been stopped earlier, but that's the beauty of hindsight.

But Laughlin let it continue, because of 2 simple reasons;

1) Blackwell was still fighting back

2) Blackwell was the champion, and as such, is allowed the full 12 rounds to defend. Even if he's losing, (and losing badly) he's still allowed that chance. And again, he was fighting back.

IMO, those two factors would have been firmly on Laughlin's mind, during that fight. Yes he's got to keep the fighters safe, but it was nigh on impossible to assess & determine the severity of Blackwell's damage, at that time. Whilst I don't think he's the best British ref, he's certainly head and shoulders above the likes of Ian John Lewis & Howard Foster.

Side note, I personally, hate to see referees stopping fights too early. Imagine if the Likes of Gatti-Ward, or Castillo-Corrales, had been stopped early. Or on the flipside, consider how bad it is when a ref stops a fight prematurely. Froch-Groves I Springs to mind instantly. Howard Foster actually received death threats over that.

I can imagine Blackwell will recover now, but his boxing career is almost certainly finished, and rightly so

AJ this weekend. Urgh. Still bitter I didn't get tickets & I'm questioning the decision to pass on the expensive floor seats I was offered.

I fully expect AJ to win. Martin is poor. Really poor. He won the WT, through pure good luck. That being said, he's 5/1 to win by stoppage. Certainly worth a go.

Don't mean to rub it in but I'm so excited by this. All I have done is watch everything to do with the build up. It's my first live boxing experience. I've always loved boxing but it took a side seat to football and f1. With F1 being so poor lately and well the fact I live 2 and a half hours away from Southend and with league one having not many games near me football is slowly slipping into 2nd place. My love for the sport has gone through the roof and I put it down to the amount of amazing bouts we have had, the Froch vs Groves II whilst I was in the Falklands really increased my love and I've watched pretty much every PPV since and haven't missed a fight. When the Blackwell fight was on I also had the Brook fight on too. When I get back from the Joshua fight I will be staying up to watch the Paciaou fight. I'm addicted and with the line up they have announced will be subscribing to Box Nation too.

I think this love affair is no doubt going to intensify after sat night.

Its such a tough call for a referee. Vic Laughlin is a seasoned veteran, and acted fairly at the time IMO. In hindsight it should have been stopped earlier, but that's the beauty of hindsight.

But Laughlin let it continue, because of 2 simple reasons;

1) Blackwell was still fighting back

2) Blackwell was the champion, and as such, is allowed the full 12 rounds to defend. Even if he's losing, (and losing badly) he's still allowed that chance. And again, he was fighting back.

IMO, those two factors would have been firmly on Laughlin's mind, during that fight. Yes he's got to keep the fighters safe, but it was nigh on impossible to assess & determine the severity of Blackwell's damage, at that time. Whilst I don't think he's the best British ref, he's certainly head and shoulders above the likes of Ian John Lewis & Howard Foster.

Side note, I personally, hate to see referees stopping fights too early. Imagine if the Likes of Gatti-Ward, or Castillo-Corrales, had been stopped early. Or on the flipside, consider how bad it is when a ref stops a fight prematurely. Froch-Groves I Springs to mind instantly. Howard Foster actually received death threats over that.

I can imagine Blackwell will recover now, but his boxing career is almost certainly finished, and rightly so

Good point all well presented and the point in bold will have been constantly in the back of Laughlin's mind. He called it right and the whole circus that Eubank and Jr are creating around it is just embarrassing. There's no remorse or sincerity there it's just a way of keeping himself in the press. The fact he called a press conference about what happen to Blackwell is a joke! They are a joke and it's no wonder no one wants to work with them!

Don't mean to rub it in but I'm so excited by this. All I have done is watch everything to do with the build up. It's my first live boxing experience. I've always loved boxing but it took a side seat to football and f1. With F1 being so poor lately and well the fact I live 2 and a half hours away from Southend and with league one having not many games near me football is slowly slipping into 2nd place. My love for the sport has gone through the roof and I put it down to the amount of amazing bouts we have had, the Froch vs Groves II whilst I was in the Falklands really increased my love and I've watched pretty much every PPV since and haven't missed a fight. When the Blackwell fight was on I also had the Brook fight on too. When I get back from the Joshua fight I will be staying up to watch the Paciaou fight. I'm addicted and with the line up they have announced will be subscribing to Box Nation too.

I think this love affair is no doubt going to intensify after sat night.

You'll certainly enjoy it. The first time you see the ring, and the lights is a real buzz. Also, the first time you hear the punches connect, or see the sweat fly, as the fighters tag each other. Live events are excellent. It's even better at a decent arena like The O2. I suppose I take that feeling for granted these days.

Also, word of advice, buy yourself a programme, maybe also a t-shirt & definitely keep your ticket. Might not sound a lot, but with a fight of this magnitude, those things will be worth a few quid in years to come. Thats what I did with my Hatton-Mayweather stuff, only I had signed gloves by both, to add to it

Ricey;1847443[B said:
]Nice one!!! Will see you there then, I can't wait for it. [/B] My first ever live boxing experience I can't believe I haven't done it before with the amount of money I have spent on PPV. Thinking of going to the copperbox to watch Billy Joe Saunders, he's one of my favourite boxers at the moment.

Let's be honest Haye was not going to fight anyone else, his stock isn't high enough to attract the big names. I'm surprised he didn't announce he was fighting Briggs! Especially as he made the effort to come over here and call out every British Heavyweight. Haye isn't going to fight Joshua or Fury anytime soon he's a good 3 fights away from it needs to fight someone with at least a bit of a name. Even if it was a Chisora rematch as he's quietly built himself back up and it's a fight I would actually enjoy seeing.

Nice touch on the Blackwell thing but it's something that Chris Eubank Jr should be doing not running his mouth. They are loving the attention and undermining the ref and Blackwell's corner. Even the part timers are getting on their backs which is unfair as no one knew it would go this way. The ref and the corner made the right decisions at the time. It's so easy for people to say it should've been stopped earlier, no one knew the circumstances. And Snr was not telling him to go for the body shots because he was worried about him, it was because he thought that would hurt him more as the head shots obviously weren't doing it. It's poor all round from the Eubank's and they have lost all respect from me.

pinged you a PM with my number if you wanna grab a beer.

What a cracking night and an amazing experience. I've seen some amazing sports live but that was out of this world. The atmosphere was electric, the boxing was enjoyable. I watched all of the undercards and even though I was front row of the upper tier I could see perfectly without use of the screens. Only one gripe was the northern ***** behind who had obviously just had their first ever beers and thought they were Danny Dyer and Tamar Hassan (if they were both from Bradford). But that can't be helped you always get the odd bellend at sporting events.

Great to see Joshua become the champion in emphatic fashion. He really does have a bright future. I will definitely be trying to get to his next fight especially if Eddie Hearn is right and it's at Wembley on July 9. But I may also try and get to the Fury vs Klitschko fight instead as its on the same date.

I'm well and truly hooked!

Got tickets for June 25th this morning. I wasn't going to even bother at first, because you just knew the main event would be another mismatch. Then I heard about Groves vs Murray, so decided to have a look and see what, if any, tickets were left. Managed to get two fairly easily on O2 Priority. Matchroom FightPass still not worth 2-Bob though.

Got tickets for June 25th this morning. I wasn't going to even bother at first, because you just knew the main event would be another mismatch. Then I heard about Groves vs Murray, so decided to have a look and see what, if any, tickets were left. Managed to get two fairly easily on O2 Priority. Matchroom FightPass still not worth 2-Bob though.

Nice one, I didn't even know they had gone on sale. I'm going to try and get Fury vs Klitschko tickets.

Nice one, I didn't even know they had gone on sale. I'm going to try and get Fury vs Klitschko tickets.

I genuinely wasn't even bothered about it until I saw Groves vs Murray on the undercard. That's a potential main event on its own

I actually don't think Fury-Wlad tickets will be too difficult to get in fairness. Not sure why, but I just don't see it selling out on the first day.

I genuinely wasn't even bothered about it until I saw Groves vs Murray on the undercard. That's a potential main event on its own

I actually don't think Fury-Wlad tickets will be too difficult to get in fairness. Not sure why, but I just don't see it selling out on the first day.

It's the fight I would rather see. I know the undercard won't be as good but it's all about the main event.

Have you even listened to a podcast called 'The Next Big Pod'? It's a boxing podcast but they seem very bitter about Hearn and Joshua. I had to stop listening to it because the Scottish lad on there is an absolute ****!

It's the fight I would rather see. I know the undercard won't be as good but it's all about the main event.

Have you even listened to a podcast called 'The Next Big Pod'? It's a boxing podcast but they seem very bitter about Hearn and Joshua. I had to stop listening to it because the Scottish lad on there is an absolute ****!

Nah never heard it. But tbf, I've never listened to any podcast, ever. It doesn't surprise me though. Hearn deserves all the stick he gets IMO. And I'd say the dislike of Joshua stems from one of these reasons (if not all of them);

- his association with Hearn
- his awful man-made, PR personality.
- the way the casuals go on about him as if he's the second coming of Joe Louis or Jack Dempsey.

Nah never heard it. But tbf, I've never listened to any podcast, ever. It doesn't surprise me though. Hearn deserves all the stick he gets IMO. And I'd say the dislike of Joshua stems from one of these reasons (if not all of them);

- his association with Hearn
- his awful man-made, PR personality.
- the way the casuals go on about him as if he's the second coming of Joe Louis or Jack Dempsey.

I can see it, I like Joshua I think he is an exciting talent. But I'm not an idiot and as soon he beat Martin I wasn't calling for him to fight Fury. That's some way off because I think Fury will destroy him today! This time next year I think we will know whether he is pure hype or actually something special IMO.

Did you watch the GGG fight? Another brutal knockout by the main man. I hope the GGG vs Canelo fight happens it will be a great fight.

I can see it, I like Joshua I think he is an exciting talent. But I'm not an idiot and as soon he beat Martin I wasn't calling for him to fight Fury. That's some way off because I think Fury will destroy him today! This time next year I think we will know whether he is pure hype or actually something special IMO.

Did you watch the GGG fight? Another brutal knockout by the main man. I hope the GGG vs Canelo fight happens it will be a great fight.

Sulaiman, the WBC president, has supposedly demanded that Canelo defends the belt against GGG, or he will be stripped of it. Obviously, this will be after the Khan fight. It's a shame that GGG has been avoided.

Sulaiman, the WBC president, has supposedly demanded that Canelo defends the belt against GGG, or he will be stripped of it. Obviously, this will be after the Khan fight. It's a shame that GGG has been avoided.

If the Canelo fight doesn't happen I could see him going up to super middleweight. I know James DeGale would fight him in a flash because he knows it's a big pay day. Although I would like to see a GGG VS BJS, think that would be an excellent fight and if it happens I would love it to be in the UK. I would give me left testicle to see that fight.

If the Canelo fight doesn't happen I could see him going up to super middleweight. I know James DeGale would fight him in a flash because he knows it's a big pay day. Although I would like to see a GGG VS BJS, think that would be an excellent fight and if it happens I would love it to be in the UK. I would give me left testicle to see that fight.

The problem with Triple G, is that unless he's a mandatory challenger, nobody wants to know. It's the same with Rigondeaux. 2 of the best P4P fighters on the planet, yet both struggle to get decent fights & the big paydays which accompany them.

FWIW, IMO, Golovkin walks down BJS & stops him mid-late rounds. BJS would start bright, and probably edge the opening 3-4 rounds, but he's got poor stamina, and simply couldn't live with the tenacity & work rate of Golovkin, so those devastating power shots would be 10x worse as the fight went on.

Not so sure about DeGale though. I'd probably favour Golovkin, but theres definitely questions about whether he can carry the power up to SMW. He's not really a big imposing MW, so at SMW, he'd be against naturally bigger opponents, especially DeGale. His footwork is excellent though, so if the extra weight wasn't a problem for the feet & stamina, I'd fancy his chances. See the difference with a fighter like DeGale, and a fighter like Froch for example, Is DeGale is technically sound, whereas Froch is a stand-and-fight brawler. DeGale would move around a lot, and make Golovkin work hard. Whereas Froch would have planted his feet & engaged with Golovkin, which would have been an excellent fight, quite possibly up there with Gatti-Ward or Castillo-Corrales.

Just going back to what you were saying about AJ yesterday, I've been following a long running discussion on FB today. A lad I know said about AJ not being ready for Tyson Fury (which I fully agree with). The replies have been a mixture of laughable and infuriating. One guy claiming that AJ-Fury will happen in Novemeber "because Eddie said so", and also that Brezeale is a decent opponent for AJ, despite admitting he'd never heard or seen anything of him before. This is the reason why a lot of fans get the indirect hump with AJ. It's nothing against him per se, just a genuine desire to see these helmets shut up, in the most exquisite way. It's a bit like West Ham. I've got nothing against the club really. Infact, some of the stuff they do/plan to do is highly commendable. But it's my hatred for their fans, which makes me want to see them go out of business.

Take this helmets claims today, lets analyse them logically. He's "been told by Eddie Hearn that the fight will definitely happen in November". Firstly, Eddie will sell any dream to the punters, as long as they keep putting money in his pocket. Secondly, the IBF have mandated, that the winner of Takam & Parker, will face Joshua for the strap. THAT will/should be around November time. Thirdly, a unification fight, between 2 British HW's, can & will only be staged at a venue where they can maximise the revenue. Which of course, is Wembley. You simply cannot put on a boxing event, in a stadium, in this country, in the height of winter. Fourthly, the guy is bigging up AJ's opponent, without knowing a single thing about it. So in his mind, when AJ steamrolls the poor **** in 1 or 2 rounds, this joker sees it as an unbelievable achievement. Whereas, anyone who knows about boxing, can see straight through the BS. It's just another bodybag for AJ to pound on, make more money for Mismatchroom Boxing & further heighten his reputation with casuals & those who also DKSAB.

The problem with Triple G, is that unless he's a mandatory challenger, nobody wants to know. It's the same with Rigondeaux. 2 of the best P4P fighters on the planet, yet both struggle to get decent fights & the big paydays which accompany them.

FWIW, IMO, Golovkin walks down BJS & stops him mid-late rounds. BJS would start bright, and probably edge the opening 3-4 rounds, but he's got poor stamina, and simply couldn't live with the tenacity & work rate of Golovkin, so those devastating power shots would be 10x worse as the fight went on.

Not so sure about DeGale though. I'd probably favour Golovkin, but theres definitely questions about whether he can carry the power up to SMW. He's not really a big imposing MW, so at SMW, he'd be against naturally bigger opponents, especially DeGale. His footwork is excellent though, so if the extra weight wasn't a problem for the feet & stamina, I'd fancy his chances. See the difference with a fighter like DeGale, and a fighter like Froch for example, Is DeGale is technically sound, whereas Froch is a stand-and-fight brawler. DeGale would move around a lot, and make Golovkin work hard. Whereas Froch would have planted his feet & engaged with Golovkin, which would have been an excellent fight, quite possibly up there with Gatti-Ward or Castillo-Corrales.

Just going back to what you were saying about AJ yesterday, I've been following a long running discussion on FB today. A lad I know said about AJ not being ready for Tyson Fury (which I fully agree with). The replies have been a mixture of laughable and infuriating. One guy claiming that AJ-Fury will happen in Novemeber "because Eddie said so", and also that Brezeale is a decent opponent for AJ, despite admitting he'd never heard or seen anything of him before. This is the reason why a lot of fans get the indirect hump with AJ. It's nothing against him per se, just a genuine desire to see these helmets shut up, in the most exquisite way. It's a bit like West Ham. I've got nothing against the club really. Infact, some of the stuff they do/plan to do is highly commendable. But it's my hatred for their fans, which makes me want to see them go out of business.

Take this helmets claims today, lets analyse them logically. He's "been told by Eddie Hearn that the fight will definitely happen in November". Firstly, Eddie will sell any dream to the punters, as long as they keep putting money in his pocket. Secondly, the IBF have mandated, that the winner of Takam & Parker, will face Joshua for the strap. THAT will/should be around November time. Thirdly, a unification fight, between 2 British HW's, can & will only be staged at a venue where they can maximise the revenue. Which of course, is Wembley. You simply cannot put on a boxing event, in a stadium, in this country, in the height of winter. Fourthly, the guy is bigging up AJ's opponent, without knowing a single thing about it. So in his mind, when AJ steamrolls the poor **** in 1 or 2 rounds, this joker sees it as an unbelievable achievement. Whereas, anyone who knows about boxing, can see straight through the BS. It's just another bodybag for AJ to pound on, make more money for Mismatchroom Boxing & further heighten his reputation with casuals & those who also DKSAB.

Don't forget Chocolatito in that too. He is 5 fights away from Marciano and Mayweathers record. He is still only 28 too, yet people don't want to fight him because they know he is a machine and isn't likely to be beaten. It's been great having him on the GGG undercard the two best P4P fighters in the world. I think they will split them now and Chocolatito will headline his own events.

There has been some crazy stuff bounded about by fans, boxers and trainers recently. Shane McGuigan reckons Frampton could beat Rigondeaux! A fan of Eubank Jr thinks that Eubank Jr would beat GGG. Finally the funniest one of them all is that David Haye thinks he's the best Heavyweight in the world at the moment. I understand that people have to promote themselves and their fighters but at least make some of the **** you spout believable!

Joshua is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. I think he has the worst promoter for him career wise but the best money wise. Look at how Hearn has held Brook back, if Brook had a better promoter he would easily have managed to get fights with Pac or Mayweather. Which is a shame because with the right direction we could be comparing him to Mayweather in his greatness. Instead people don't take him seriously because Hearn makes him fights that duck the decent in his division. Errol Spence Jr looks like it could be a good fight but I want to see him beat Garcia and stick it to Khan.

Good couple of bouts this weekend with the Hughie Fury fight at the Copperbox and the massive double header in Washington. Jack vs Bute and DeGale vs Madina, hopefully DeGale comes out on top and fights the winner of Jack vs Bute in London. He's always talked about fighting at the Emirates I think that could be the fight to do it.

What are your thoughts on the fight on the 7th? Not Khan Canelo but Crolla vs Barroso? I saw Barosso destroy Kevin Mitchell and he looks pretty decent I think this will be a good fight. I can get tickets for the Hughie Fury fight and the Crolla fight for £3.50 through tickets for troops but I'm working both!! ****ing work!

Last edited:
Eubank continuing to make his son look more and more like a joke!

I generally don't post here but I always have a read of you two to get a bit of insight being a "casual" as you would call it. Generally you address everything I need to know so I don't need to post. In the case of the possible bout between Fury and Joshua, you both seem convinced that Joshua isn't ready yet but you both seem to think a unification will happen. There doesn't seem to be any consideration for Klitshko beating Fury (unless I've missed it), so is Fury beating Klitshko a foregone conclusion in your opinions?

Back