• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fury-Wlad off :hilarious:

Writing was on the wall though. I know I criticise Hearn a lot, for being a slippery used-car salesman, but Mick Hennessey is without doubt the most useless promoter in Britain. Everything about this rematch has been farcical. It genuinely felt like the event had been thrown together by some dodgy characters, who planned it all down the pub.

Still, part of me believes that this was a cunning ploy from the Fury's all along

Eddie Hearn trying to sort a Joshua vs Klitschko match. Can't see it happening to be honest that's suicide for his prize duckling!

Eddie Hearn trying to sort a Joshua vs Klitschko match. Can't see it happening to be honest that's suicide for his prize duckling!

Can't see it happening. Hearn is solely dedicated to the mega payday at Wembley next summer. He won't risk it for Wlad, in Manchester. Although it would still be a good payday, it's different leagues compared to Fury at Wembley.

Can't see it happening. Hearn is solely dedicated to the mega payday at Wembley next summer. He won't risk it for Wlad, in Manchester. Although it would still be a good payday, it's different leagues compared to Fury at Wembley.

I've just read an article and there's a massive caveat on him wanting to fight Klitschko. IF! Fury is stripped of his belts.

I personally can't see that happening as it wasn't the governing bodies who enforced the rematch. It was just in the contract between Fury and Klitschko. They won't be able to strip him of his belts.

Hearing rumours that Fury is suffering with severe depression. There was talk about having him committed, & he has been put on suicide watch, hence the withdrawal. I'm not fickle enough to Take it at face value, (mainly because Pro-Boxing is rife with lies & bull5hit) but as a man who's suffered seemingly various mental health issues, it's not impossible to believe.

This saga gets more & more intriguing

Hearing rumours that Fury is suffering with severe depression. There was talk about having him committed, & he has been put on suicide watch, hence the withdrawal. I'm not fickle enough to Take it at face value, (mainly because Pro-Boxing is rife with lies & bull5hit) but as a man who's suffered seemingly various mental health issues, it's not impossible to believe.

This saga gets more & more intriguing

Totally agree it's not out of the question for this one to be true. He has obvious issues and that can be seen from interviews and things he's done. I'm not talking about the batman outfits, it's more the I want to beat everyone one minute then he wants to retire the next. He is obviously battling some demons and if this is true I hope he gets better soon. The heavyweight scene won't be the same without him.

Totally agree it's not out of the question for this one to be true. He has obvious issues and that can be seen from interviews and things he's done. I'm not talking about the batman outfits, it's more the I want to beat everyone one minute then he wants to retire the next. He is obviously battling some demons and if this is true I hope he gets better soon. The heavyweight scene won't be the same without him.

Believe me, I'm still sceptical as ****, simply because the other narrative makes perfect sense. The funny thing is, the Fury camp is so unpredictable, that this could be genuine, or it could be complete bollocks. You simply can't tell anymore.

If its true, I wish him well.

Either way though, Wlad's done this to plenty of fighters in the past (Fury included) so I feel no sorrow for him.

Believe me, I'm still sceptical as ****, simply because the other narrative makes perfect sense. The funny thing is, the Fury camp is so unpredictable, that this could be genuine, or it could be complete bollocks. You simply can't tell anymore.

If its true, I wish him well.

Either way though, Wlad's done this to plenty of fighters in the past (Fury included) so I feel no sorrow for him.

Question is what next? Does Wlad fight on? Maybe a fight against Wilder or Joshua?

Decent fight tbf between Linares & Crolla. Should be a standard win for Linares. I've got Linares 9-3. He's been far & wide the better fighter. Waiting for results.....

Wlads done. Needs to retire. AJ will face Parker no doubt. Ortiz is too much of risk with Fury next year

Seems a massive waste after getting himself in great shape for the Fury rematch. One last crack of the whip to go out on a high. He will not end it like this.

Gutted for Crolla last night, he was outclassed by Linares who looked sharp and very impressive. Not a good week for Joe Gallagher's world champs.

[video=youtube_share;WBtXFEorX50]https://youtu.be/WBtXFEorX50[/video]

Interview with Peter Fury regarding Tyson's condition and why the fight has been postponed.

Now The Sun (not the most reliable source) have reported he missed a drugs test and told the testers to **** off.

Now The Sun (not the most reliable source) have reported he missed a drugs test and told the testers to **** off.

The cynic in me wonders if this is part of a wider cover up. The timing of it all seems quite bad, when he was 'injured' at the time he was suspended for a drugs offence, yet seemingly ok to be jumping around on his injured ankle.

The contracts almost falling through and Klits camp having to take the Fury court to court of inputting the drug testing clause into the new contracts, and now again, further drug testing issues and the fights off again.

Mental health is the easiest thing to fake with your doctors, if you so wish - especially for someone who behaves so erratically for the public eye (it's well document how well he puts on this act, and how different he is off camera).

If it's real, having known people who have suffered, I wish him all the best and a speedy recovery - like him or hate him, the heavyweight division is far more interesting with an active Fury in it. But this really does stink, and there rarely is any smoke without fire.

Also, for those poor fans, especially if there have been those that have tickets from the first dates, and may have arranged travel and accommodation twice - it's a real killer for them.

Rumours circulating that Tyson Fury's impending "drug test failure", (allegedly etc) will show he's been on the beak. If true, I'm not surprised, but even more, I personally don't care. I wish more HW fighters were given toot between rounds instead of water. Would certainly force more entertainment :smile:

Which of course, would fuel the fire regarding the rumours surrounding his current sabbatical.

Back