• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It's either ridiculously staged and acted out or Chisora is bi-polar on another level!

It's a bit of both I think. Chisora is a mad man in general, but a lot of this bad blood stuff is purely to sell the PPV. Case in point, most of Whyte's recent fights have all been bad blood/grudge matches

Whyte - Chisora OFF :stunned:

BBBoC have supposedly banned Chisora indefinitely & fined Whyte. Big move by them

I should add, these are just rumours ATM, which aren't from my usual credible sources. Although I did hear that the pair of them had to go in front of the Board today to get a telling off, and they couldn't help themselves & kicked off at the meeting :hilarious:

Whyte - Chisora ON

BBBoC allow fight to go ahead, but punish Chisora with a big fine

Whyte - Chisora ON

BBBoC allow fight to go ahead, but punish Chisora with a big fine

£25,000

He seems to kick off at most if not all of his pre fight pressers/weigh ins etc.

£25,000

He seems to kick off at most if not all of his pre fight pressers/weigh ins etc.

Thats because he's completely unhinged :hilarious:

In fairness though, I think Whyte may have played this all wrong. I believe Hearn had been in Whyte's ear, (although he wouldn't have needed it) telling him to sell this fight hard. Whyte in-turn has riled Chisora to the point where He's awoken a sleeping giant, but not just any giant, a giant who's unstable, unpredictable & uncontrollable. Chizzy is more fired up than usual. Possibly more fired up than I've ever seen him, and that includes the infamous Vitali Klitschko shenanigans.

This was the type of fight where Whyte would cruise it on points, or possibly stop him late on. I now give Chizzy a better chance than I was willing to.

Oh and one more thing to consider, I wouldn't be surprised if this fight was stopped on a disqualification. Punching after the bell, biting, or the old classic of a steel chair to the back of the head.

Thats because he's completely unhinged :hilarious:

In fairness though, I think Whyte may have played this all wrong. I believe Hearn had been in Whyte's ear, (although he wouldn't have needed it) telling him to sell this fight hard. Whyte in-turn has riled Chisora to the point where He's awoken a sleeping giant, but not just any giant, a giant who's unstable, unpredictable & uncontrollable. Chizzy is more fired up than usual. Possibly more fired up than I've ever seen him, and that includes the infamous Vitali Klitschko shenanigans.

This was the type of fight where Whyte would cruise it on points, or possibly stop him late on. I now give Chizzy a better chance than I was willing to.

Oh and one more thing to consider, I wouldn't be surprised if this fight was stopped on a disqualification. Punching after the bell, biting, or the old classic of a steel chair to the back of the head.

For me Chisora has always been the winner of this. You take Chisora's fight against Pulev yes he lost but he lost to a better fighter. For me that performance against Pulev beats Whyte. Whyte looked very unconvincing against Dave Allen and let's be honest had he not gave himself that little extra break in the first round against Joshua by fighting after the bell he was easily down and out in the 2nd. He's fought nowhere near the calibre of fighter Chisora has, he doesn't have the experience or intelligence. He isn't an intelligent fighter he's an ex kick boxer who thinks he's a banger.

I'm not saying it's going to be a devastating KO by Chisora but I can see nothing but a Whyte loss. Either or points or via late rounds KO. It won't be an exciting fight and there will be a lot of low blows, hits to the back of the head and punches after the bell. Chisora has to worry about the DQ. Whyte has got under his skin and will use that to his advantage and try to rile up Chisora into getting that DQ.

For me Chisora has always been the winner of this. You take Chisora's fight against Pulev yes he lost but he lost to a better fighter. For me that performance against Pulev beats Whyte. Whyte looked very unconvincing against Dave Allen and let's be honest had he not gave himself that little extra break in the first round against Joshua by fighting after the bell he was easily down and out in the 2nd. He's fought nowhere near the calibre of fighter Chisora has, he doesn't have the experience or intelligence. He isn't an intelligent fighter he's an ex kick boxer who thinks he's a banger.

I'm not saying it's going to be a devastating KO by Chisora but I can see nothing but a Whyte loss. Either or points or via late rounds KO. It won't be an exciting fight and there will be a lot of low blows, hits to the back of the head and punches after the bell. Chisora has to worry about the DQ. Whyte has got under his skin and will use that to his advantage and try to rile up Chisora into getting that DQ.

Interesting, the bookies certainly don't agree with you but I'm always interested in putting a few quid on an outsider with a chance. £50 would get me £175 back on Chisora, I'm tempted by that. So in your opinion it's Chisora to win unless he gets himself DQ (which looks quite possible)?

Interesting, the bookies certainly don't agree with you but I'm always interested in putting a few quid on an outsider with a chance. £50 would get me £175 back on Chisora, I'm tempted by that. So in your opinion it's Chisora to win unless he gets himself DQ (which looks quite possible)?

That's my opinion, I think the bookies are underestimating Chisora and going with the 'up and coming' fighter and the guy who was first to 'rock' the almighty Joshua. His fight against Dave Allen was very poor and against Ian Lewison was far from convincing. Whereas Chisora against Pulev put in a decent showing against on of the top 10 heavyweight boxers of the moment. I think the bookies are just going with the Eddie Hearn hype train.

A lot of the time I go with my heart instead of my head but I am also very level headed. I want Bellew to beat Haye but I know it's not going to happen. I wanted Brook to beat GGG but I knew it wasn't going to happen. If you look back I thought Fury would be Klitschko and he did! My heart says Chisora because I can't stand Whyte but also my head says Chisora's experience beats Whyte all day long.

Hughie Fury to fight the winner of Parker vs Ruiz for the WBO world heavyweight title.

I rooting for Chizzy, but my head is saying Whyte on points, or late stoppage. Chisora gasses too easily and will eat jab after jab. Hopefully, Chisora can land a crashing blow & end it, but even then, Chisora isn't really a one-punch banger.

Im expecting a lethargic, cuddling kind of fight here though. It won't be the blood & thunder it's been built Upto be.

I was looking at the odds for all of tonight's bouts :facepalm:

Callum Smith 1/100
Connor Benn 1/100
Luis Ortiz 1/100
Katie Taylor 1/100
Scott Quigg 1/33
Joshua 1/33

PPV events, were designed specifically for the big nights, with big fights. You need 3-4 main event fights on one card. Where the best face the best, or close 50:50's or a genuine grudge match. That's what PPV was designed for. Not this tripe.

Wherever/however you watch the boxing tonight, if anyone mentions "stacked undercard", point them in the direction of the betting odds, to prove its stacked full of "big/known" names in uncompetitive mismatches, designed to entice casual people to part with £17.
Hearn won't be copping £17 from me tonight. I'm #TeamStream :smiles:

Heres my predictions anyway, (I've had to put a LOT of thought into these)

- Connor Benn win via early stoppage (2nd/3rd round)
- Callum Smith win via stoppage (4th/5th)
- Luis Ortiz win via stoppage (2nd round)
- Scott Quigg win via points
- Whyte wins via Points
- Joshua wins via 2nd round stoppage

Don't know enough about Katie Taylor, but I'm gunna guess a 1st round stoppage. As that's how Hearn's shows normally work

I rooting for Chizzy, but my head is saying Whyte on points, or late stoppage. Chisora gasses too easily and will eat jab after jab. Hopefully, Chisora can land a crashing blow & end it, but even then, Chisora isn't really a one-punch banger.

Im expecting a lethargic, cuddling kind of fight here though. It won't be the blood & thunder it's been built Upto be.

I was looking at the odds for all of tonight's bouts :facepalm:

Callum Smith 1/100
Connor Benn 1/100
Luis Ortiz 1/100
Katie Taylor 1/100
Scott Quigg 1/33
Joshua 1/33

PPV events, were designed specifically for the big nights, with big fights. You need 3-4 main event fights on one card. Where the best face the best, or close 50:50's or a genuine grudge match. That's what PPV was designed for. Not this tripe.

Wherever/however you watch the boxing tonight, if anyone mentions "stacked undercard", point them in the direction of the betting odds, to prove its stacked full of "big/known" names in uncompetitive mismatches, designed to entice casual people to part with £17.
Hearn won't be copping £17 from me tonight. I'm #TeamStream :smiles:

Heres my predictions anyway, (I've had to put a LOT of thought into these)

- Connor Benn win via early stoppage (2nd/3rd round)
- Callum Smith win via stoppage (4th/5th)
- Luis Ortiz win via stoppage (2nd round)
- Scott Quigg win via points
- Whyte wins via Points
- Joshua wins via 2nd round stoppage

Don't know enough about Katie Taylor, but I'm gunna guess a 1st round stoppage. As that's how Hearn's shows normally work

I think what he is aiming for is normal PPV **** like this lot for £17 and then premium PPV so the Joshua vs Klitschko fight which will probably cost around £25. I'm pretty sure we are quite lucky as the yanks pay a hell of a lot more for their PPV. Correct me if I'm wrong but Mayweather vs Pacquaio was $100.

This whole card the only fight that excites me is Chisora vs Whyte. It will be interesting to see Ortiz deliver a devastating KO on Allen. But other than that it's pretty poor. Just like the last Joshua fight with the only fight of worth being the Groves vs Murray fight.

As for Katie Taylor not really know much about women's boxing and like women's football doesn't really interest me. Not sexist just not my thing to be honest.

I think what he is aiming for is normal PPV **** like this lot for £17 and then premium PPV so the Joshua vs Klitschko fight which will probably cost around £25. I'm pretty sure we are quite lucky as the yanks pay a hell of a lot more for their PPV. Correct me if I'm wrong but Mayweather vs Pacquaio was $100.

This whole card the only fight that excites me is Chisora vs Whyte. It will be interesting to see Ortiz deliver a devastating KO on Allen. But other than that it's pretty poor. Just like the last Joshua fight with the only fight of worth being the Groves vs Murray fight.

As for Katie Taylor not really know much about women's boxing and like women's football doesn't really interest me. Not sexist just not my thing to be honest.

I've mentioned here before, Barry Hearn is a very vocal admirer of the WWE format, which is normal programmes every week, followed up with a PPV at the end of every month. I genuinely believe, that in the not too distant future, we could see the same thing with Matchroom. Look at the current progression... Sky shelved PPV years ago, (after the Khan & Haye debacles) until Hearn gained monopoly control of Sky Boxing, and subsequently resurrected it. That was the time when Hearn said PPV was only to be used for the big fights, & bringing big international stars to these shores. We were getting 1 maybe 2 PPV's per year, which in the main, were justifiable. Now we're Upto what, 5-6? And we've had to suffer the likes of Coyle Vs Campbell. Two fighters who are/were lower than British level ffs. And that's all in the space of a few years.

Oh I agree with you, the yanks pay stupid money (I think the average is about $75, but yeah Floyd-Pac was $100) But let's not forget, Brits already pay a small fortune for Sky. If you're already paying for a subscription, you shouldn't then have to pay an extra fee, for a substandard event, which could easily be made for normal subscription money. Don't forget, the whole thing about PPV, was to be able to offer big money during negotiations, to bring the international stars here, or to persuade the best fighters to risk their records/belts against the best fighters. That's not happening tonight, hence why its farcical.

And don't get me wrong, I could quite easily afford the £17, but it's the principle of the matter. #TeamStream out in force tonight I reckon.

I've mentioned here before, Barry Hearn is a very vocal admirer of the WWE format, which is normal programmes every week, followed up with a PPV at the end of every month. I genuinely believe, that in the not too distant future, we could see the same thing with Matchroom. Look at the current progression... Sky shelved PPV years ago, (after the Khan & Haye debacles) until Hearn gained monopoly control of Sky Boxing, and subsequently resurrected it. That was the time when Hearn said PPV was only to be used for the big fights, & bringing big international stars to these shores. We were getting 1 maybe 2 PPV's per year, which in the main, were justifiable. Now we're Upto what, 5-6? And we've had to suffer the likes of Coyle Vs Campbell. Two fighters who are/were lower than British level ffs. And that's all in the space of a few years.

Oh I agree with you, the yanks pay stupid money (I think the average is about $75, but yeah Floyd-Pac was $100) But let's not forget, Brits already pay a small fortune for Sky. If you're already paying for a subscription, you shouldn't then have to pay an extra fee, for a substandard event, which could easily be made for normal subscription money. Don't forget, the whole thing about PPV, was to be able to offer big money during negotiations, to bring the international stars here, or to persuade the best fighters to risk their records/belts against the best fighters. That's not happening tonight, hence why its farcical.

And don't get me wrong, I could quite easily afford the £17, but it's the principle of the matter. #TeamStream out in force tonight I reckon.

Totally agree Sky charge an extortionate price for their service especially with the Sports package. They haven't got half of the great lines ups they used to have due to BT Sports getting the champions league and loads of premiership football. Now with them getting Box Nation also they're looking like the better of the channels. Sky Sports customers should not be charged full price or anything at all for PPV.

The PPV and Matchroom ordeal will continue as long as his cash mule Joshua carries on with his popularity and keeps winning. He's a money spinner and he is setting a bar for other potential PPV. So this crap PPV line up let's other average fights potentially get PPV. I assume the Haye vs Bellew will be PPV when it shouldn't be just like GGG vs Brook shouldn't have been. Unfortunately whilst the Hearn's are heavily involved then we have to put up with this. I'm team stream tonight also so **** you Hearn and Murdoch!

Haye, Wlad, Briggs & Fury all under the same roof tonight. The trash talk between those 4, would be worth the admission alone.

Cracking fight that and for me the wrong result that was either a Chis win or a draw.

So it was another pathetic opponent who rolled over. Now it's a proper fight on the 29th April at Wembley Stadium against Klitschko!

Major props to Whyte & Chisora. Absolutely stole the show, in what was probably Fight of the Year. Personally I thought Chisora had done enough to edge a win. It's no secret Chisora has been on a downward spiral over the last few years, and his career is reaching the end, but last night he shook off those cobwebs & went to war. IMHO he wanted it more than Whyte, (as I mentioned the other day, I think that was due to Whyte riling him, to the point of unleashing the beast inside Del) I was amazed at how clean the fight was aswell. I was expecting a few more underhand tactics, but nothing. All-in-all, an Excellent fight.

Now, a not-so-excellent fight. We knew AJ -Molina would bomb, but it was worse than expected. Molina didn't even come to fight. It was on par with Audley's performance against Haye. And yet Sky all week have been saying how this is a potential banana skin test for AJ, how this guy could trouble AJ with his power. It's genuinely laughable, but incredibly insulting. That's why Hearn saved the Wembley announcement for last night, to soften the blow & distract fans away from that awful main event. And as for the Wembley showdown... Wow. Wlad not taking a tune-up is baffling me. He'll be 41, and coming off the back of a humiliating defeat, a year & a half ago. It's impossible to know what is left of him.

The rest of the card... Good performance from Yafai & great achievement to win the world title. Shame Conception had messed up on the weight, as it his performance didn't reflect hoe good he really is, but I take nothing away from Kal, who was excellent.

Katie Taylor. Nah sorry, not interested in women's boxing at all. No idea why her fight was so high up the card aswell. There's no way it should have been above a British Title Fight, nor a World Title Fight. I found that annoying TBH. And I'm not sure of Eddies angle with it. She'll never be a PPV draw, she won't add on lots of buys, and There's simply no depth in women's boxing, to warrant this kind of attention. Personally I thought it came across more of a circus act than a legitimate attempt at highlighting women's boxing.

Callum Smith - again made hard work of a relatively easy task. It's like he's not focused on the task in hand. And hopefully Blackledge is ok. He should have been pulled out of there much sooner. Ridiculous reffing/corner work there. Callum needs to up his game if he's gunna face the winner of Jack & DeGale.

I missed the Bug-Burton fight, but heard it was a real barnstormer. Need to watch it back.

Major props to Whyte & Chisora. Absolutely stole the show, in what was probably Fight of the Year. Personally I thought Chisora had done enough to edge a win. It's no secret Chisora has been on a downward spiral over the last few years, and his career is reaching the end, but last night he shook off those cobwebs & went to war. IMHO he wanted it more than Whyte, (as I mentioned the other day, I think that was due to Whyte riling him, to the point of unleashing the beast inside Del) I was amazed at how clean the fight was aswell. I was expecting a few more underhand tactics, but nothing. All-in-all, an Excellent fight.

Now, a not-so-excellent fight. We knew AJ -Molina would bomb, but it was worse than expected. Molina didn't even come to fight. It was on par with Audley's performance against Haye. And yet Sky all week have been saying how this is a potential banana skin test for AJ, how this guy could trouble AJ with his power. It's genuinely laughable, but incredibly insulting. That's why Hearn saved the Wembley announcement for last night, to soften the blow & distract fans away from that awful main event. And as for the Wembley showdown... Wow. Wlad not taking a tune-up is baffling me. He'll be 41, and coming off the back of a humiliating defeat, a year & a half ago. It's impossible to know what is left of him.

The rest of the card... Good performance from Yafai & great achievement to win the world title. Shame Conception had messed up on the weight, as it his performance didn't reflect hoe good he really is, but I take nothing away from Kal, who was excellent.

Katie Taylor. Nah sorry, not interested in women's boxing at all. No idea why her fight was so high up the card aswell. There's no way it should have been above a British Title Fight, nor a World Title Fight. I found that annoying TBH. And I'm not sure of Eddies angle with it. She'll never be a PPV draw, she won't add on lots of buys, and There's simply no depth in women's boxing, to warrant this kind of attention. Personally I thought it came across more of a circus act than a legitimate attempt at highlighting women's boxing.

Callum Smith - again made hard work of a relatively easy task. It's like he's not focused on the task in hand. And hopefully Blackledge is ok. He should have been pulled out of there much sooner. Ridiculous reffing/corner work there. Callum needs to up his game if he's gunna face the winner of Jack & DeGale.

I missed the Bug-Burton fight, but heard it was a real barnstormer. Need to watch it back.

Now I've woken up after my night shift and had to time to reflect here is my views:

Whyte vs Chisora is a contender for fight of the year it was the complete opposite of what I was expecting. They both put their all into it and like you said it appeared Chizzy wanted it more, whether that was down to Whyte underestimating him or just poor attitude I don't know. The fight was clean throughout which was really good to see and even Whyte showing some respect at the end. They both took some pretty heavy shots and they're both lucky that neither is a real heavy hitter otherwise there could've been a couple of knock downs. Chisora fought very intelligently by letting Whyte put his all in the first two minutes of the later rounds to gather his energy and then unleash a fury in the last minute. He looked at the best he can be this late in his career and I would love to see a rematch. As for the result when it was that close I had it Chisora winning by 1 round and thought it could be a draw. Whyte was never going to lose being the champion and a Matchroom fighter on a close decision like that. This fight needs to happen again because it was 12 rounds of pure entertainment.

Burton vs Buglioni was another great fight and it could've been something out of a Rocky film, all that was missing was Survivor - Eye of the Tiger being played. Burton looked sharp and in the early and middle rounds gave Buglioni a battering and judging by the state of his face I didn't think it was long before the towel was thrown or the ref stopped it. But out of nowhere Buglioni started to fight back and fight back well he had Burton on the back foot in the later rounds and gave him a battering. Burton looked like he had put all his efforts into the early to middle rounds and was starting to blow and this is where Buglioni pounced. His blow in the 12th was excellent and really saved the result because on the cards it would've been close but I could have only seen a Burton win. Buglioni fought with the heart of a lion and put in a hell of a performance that any boxer would be proud of. This and the Chisora fight stole the show.

Callum Smith is meant to be the best and most exciting of the Smith brothers. I'm not sure the right Smith was in the ring if this was the case. I don't know if it's clever tactics for the onlooking Jack and DeGale so they underestimate him. He seemed disinterested and looks way off world level. We shall see next year when he fights the winner of Jack vs DeGale. Agree totally that it should've been stopped early and I hope Blackledge is ok.

Yafai fight was another good fight, I didn't quite see the whole thing as I was messing about with the stream but it seemed like he had the upper hand throughout. Great to have another world champion on these shores.

Ortiz destroyed Allen a little later than GBJ expected but around where I thought he might. Allen took a punishing and didn't look like he had a chance at all. Ortiz will fight a couple of better fighters next and then I assume will be put up for a world title fight.

Quigg looked sharp and a nice little tune up fight for him.

Conor Benn fought the local taxi driver and knocked him out in 1 round. Not much else I can say about that. Need to give him some harder fights next year.

Katie Taylor what a load of crap, it was boring and a bit of an embarrassing fight and like you GBJ I'm confused as to why it was so high up the card. Like when's Conor Benn's debut was so high up the AJ vs Martin card it's all about trying to turn them into the next star. Well after that she doesn't look like the next star and as for women's boxing it still doesn't do anything for me. I can see why hearn is doing this because of the success of women's events in UFC he wants to get on that bandwagon but I'm afraid it's not going to happen anytime soon.

Now to the 'main event' a complete and absolute joke. It was like rewinding back to his early fights where they find a local bum in the streets and pay him £20 to take a bashing. Moline the guy who 'rocked' Wilder came out like a man scared (to which Carl Froch who I normally like as a pundit compared AJ to Mike Tyson in giving the same fear. Froch I like you but you cannot compare AJ to the greatest heavyweight of all time) and a man who was out for an easy payday. He was very defensive and looked like he may have been protecting an injury by the way he was holding his guard. It was an easy fight for AJ and an embarrassing one to call the main event on a PPV. Like GBJ said the announcement of the AJ vs Wlad fight was announced to take away the attention for a pathetic final bout.

Now onto AJ vs Wlad, great venue and will be a massive event for Matchroom. Carl Froch will be upset as he won't be the only person to sell out Wembley Stadium. Wlad is very brave taking this fight without a tune up. Does he think he can win? Probably with his experience but the guy is 41 years old and lost to Fury in his last fight. Is this just a last payday for him? Maybe, I think he thinks it's coming to an end if he wins then he can continue and get more paydays if he loses then he will have earnt a fortune on top of his riches from previous fights but can retire having fought the best throughout. It's nice to see AJ finally getting a test and I thought he would end up fighting Parker who won the WBO heavyweight title last night or Deontay Wilder but this is too much of a massive money spinner for Eddie Hearn to turn down.

And a final note here is a great tweet for the real champ himself, you have to admit he has a very valid point!

Back