• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fairly ridiculous. The IBF have long been thought of as the most respected organisation, but this has made them look stupid.

Fury's threatened to publicly bin the belt, which would be even worse publicity for the IBF.

And to compound the monumental debacle, Glazkov Vs Martin for the vacant title??? Jesus Christ.

Absolute joke and really does make the IBF look like a **** organisation! Shame because it ruins the chance of the unification fight between Fury and Wilder if Fury won the Wlad rematch.

Could be made-up or legit, but found this earlier. Not my usual sources, but who knows. There were rumours a few days ago, that Whyte may be struggling with an arm injury.

"Really strong rumours circulating that Hearn is waiting for the board to sanction Chisora as a replacement for Whyte.I wouldn't be surprised at all if it's announced today. Source is second hand, from a former European champion, who works as a pundit for Sky".

As I said, probably not much truth to it, however the Whyte injury seems to have some legs to it.

I did find it odd that Chisora was drafted in with such a large pool of possible fighters. And the fact the his opponent for tomorrow hasn't been named. Could be an interesting fight for Joshua if he fights Chisora instead of Whyte. The fight better go ahead !

I did find it odd that Chisora was drafted in with such a large pool of possible fighters. And the fact the his opponent for tomorrow hasn't been named. Could be an interesting fight for Joshua if he fights Chisora instead of Whyte. The fight better go ahead !

No smoke without fire, but I think Whyte is Defo on, even if he's struggling with the injury. Haven't heard anything to the contrary today

Eubank winning by stoppage cost me just under 1k. Had him to win on points. Boxing acca's are harder than football, I swear

Wow! What a night of boxing, absolutely incredible. Huge congratulations to AJ and Eubank Jnr. Gutted for Luke Campbell though, same goes for Kevin Mitchell. Kev has got to hit the gym hard now and get back on track.

But the question is...Who will be Anthony Joshua's next opponent? Or should I say victim...

Wow! What a night of boxing, absolutely incredible. Huge congratulations to AJ and Eubank Jnr. Gutted for Luke Campbell though, same goes for Kevin Mitchell. Kev has got to hit the gym hard now and get back on track.

But the question is...Who will be Anthony Joshua's next opponent? Or should I say victim...

He was actually tested last night and it was great to see and I would say natural progression would be someone like Chisora. He isn't going to get a title fight against Wilder or Fury just yet and the lad is pretty grounded and he knows that. Chisora or Haye for his next fight (that's if Haye gets through his fight).

I was gutted they stopped the Eubank fight, O'Sullivan has got one hell of a chin. He's a little too cocky for my liking he's nothing on his dad and I still think Saunders will beat him again in a rematch.

As said above gutted for Campbell and Mitchell.

Well done to AJ, coming through a potential banana skin. Decent enough fight aswell tbh. That's the only real positives I can take from it. That's not undermining it either, because they are 2 important factors.

But the negatives... AJ showed a glaring lack of defence. No head movement, very flat-footed & the stamina looks iffy. These aren't costly against lesser opponents, (like Whyte, who was ranked 40-odd in the world) but AJ is a long, long way off facing the big names in the division. A lot of people believe he's ready for the likes of Haye & Fury, which is barmy. Seasoned pro's like these, with intelligent boxing brains, will pick AJ apart.

IF he can address that defensive issue, then we my be looking at a future P4P King. But if he keeps trying to stop punches with his face, then he'll be getting bowled over as soon as he faces a legitimate top 10 opponent. Someone needs to explain to him what slipping a punch is.

Similar with the footwork. Whyte pushed him onto the backfoot, which was obviously very uncomfortable for AJ. His saving grace was the fact Whyte isn't that good a fighter, so never/couldn't really pressure him when he had him where he wanted.

His stamina wil definitely come into question at some point. For all the muscles he's got, they become redundant if they're not getting enough oxygen. He looked shattered after a few rounds & had to ease off, and resort to basic boxing (which I'm not knocking, I'm saying that was a smart move) If it had gone 12 rounds, a better/more seasoned opponent would have started picking him off. Less weights & more road runs.

I've been saying for a while, it's all well and good for Hearn to be earning money, while AJ rolls over tin cans, but it's not adding to his education. He's at the stage where he needs to be learning from each fight. This one was a decent step up, but it now needs to continue. For him to slip back into facing Latvian cab drivers & walking body bags, will be totally detrimental to his progress.

Haven't enjoyed watching boxing for years, always seem to go out or to a mates for these big events and they are always boring and unentertaining. I did love boxing in the 90's when Eubank and Benn were in their pomp. This weekend was the first time in ages that I enjoyed a night of boxing, lets hope it's the shape of things to come!

Haven't enjoyed watching boxing for years, always seem to go out or to a mates for these big events and they are always boring and unentertaining. I did love boxing in the 90's when Eubank and Benn were in their pomp. This weekend was the first time in ages that I enjoyed a night of boxing, lets hope it's the shape of things to come!

British boxing is at an all time high at the moment. We've got numerous World champions spread over the divisions, aswell as a very large pool of good talent making their way through. Great time to be a boxing fan

He was actually tested last night and it was great to see and I would say natural progression would be someone like Chisora. He isn't going to get a title fight against Wilder or Fury just yet and the lad is pretty grounded and he knows that. Chisora or Haye for his next fight (that's if Haye gets through his fight).

I was gutted they stopped the Eubank fight, O'Sullivan has got one hell of a chin. He's a little too cocky for my liking he's nothing on his dad and I still think Saunders will beat him again in a rematch.

As said above gutted for Campbell and Mitchell.

I think Chisora is a nailed on certainty for his next opponent. It should be a good step for him, because although Chisora shouldn't pose that much of a threat, he will put Joshua on the backfoot, and try to walk him down. Can't see Hearn wanting the Haye fight this early though, especially without any belts on the line. As much as I dislike Haye, he's too good for AJ atm.

I was also gutted they stopped the Eubank fight. I had 900-odd reasons to be gutted. Tbf Spike is a tough opponent, I watched him go 12 rounds with Billy Jo Saunders a few years back, and even though he lost almost every round that night, his heart was unbreakable. so I knew Eubank would be in for a war, I just couldn't see him stopping Spike. And if his corner hadn't pulled him, he probably wouldn't have done.

I fancied Mitchell to get stopped. I'm a fan of Mitchell, he's rarely in a boring fight, but I felt this was gunna be too much for him. Listening to his interviews in the build-up, he sounds punch drunk. The Linares fight took a lot out of him, and when you're in with a dangerous South American banger, the chances of getting sparked were fairly high, I thought.

Shame for Campbell, but like Joshua, his career hasn't progressed as rapidly as people expected. Again, too long spent fighting bums & not enough learning happening. He's also understandably had to take time away from the sport aswell, which hasn't helped, but sometimes life is bigger than boxing, so not his fault. Shame for him though, because despite being from Hull, he seems a decent guy, who you'd want to see do well. Hopefully he can come back better, but he's getting on in years now, and I think for him to be a World Champion, he will need a miraculous change. He's miles away from mixing it with the best in the Lightweight division.

British boxing is at an all time high at the moment. We've got numerous World champions spread over the divisions, aswell as a very large pool of good talent making their way through. Great time to be a boxing fan

I'm a fairweather fan, need to be entertained. I can quite easily ignore boxing for years, sometimes wish I could do the same with Southend! Think the last guy I enjoyed watching was Naseem Hamed. Heres Hoping that Joshua or Eubank can give me someone good to follow

Yet another one embarrassing himself by blaming his defeat on 'injury'. Whyte claims he would've knocked Joshua out had he not had a shoulder injury.

Yet another one embarrassing himself by blaming his defeat on 'injury'. Whyte claims he would've knocked Joshua out had he not had a shoulder injury.

The injury was legit. Whyte claiming it happened during the fight isn't. There are two important facts to remember in this case;

1) Whyte was injured before the fight & decided to go ahead with it anyway. He wasn't going to throw away his biggest payday over something irrelevant like a shoulder injury :) It's not the first time he's done it either. He did the same against Minto in his last fight.

2) The injury, whether it was before during or after, has no bearing. He'd have lost anyway.

Back