• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well **** Quigg the idiot was 2.8lbs overweight for the weigh in. Disgraceful for someone that has just moved up, his first chance at a world title at that weight and he can’t even make the weight. Looks bad on Freddie Roach and the Wild Card Gym.

Couple of good fights announced although the first a very brave or stupid choice by Jamie McDonnell taking on the dangerous Inoue in Japan. One of the top P4P fighters fair play to Jamie for not ducking and taking him on.

Urgh. The McDonnell brothers are a natural muscle relaxant. I've said it before & I'll say it again, I Honestly couldn't care less about their careers, boring as sin.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Quigg v Valdez at the weekend?

Well **** Quigg the idiot was 2.8lbs overweight for the weigh in. Disgraceful for someone that has just moved up, his first chance at a world title at that weight and he can’t even make the weight. Looks bad on Freddie Roach and the Wild Card Gym.

I don't neccessarily dislike him, but I don't favour him either. I'm pretty indifferent towards him really.

His career has largely been farcical, and this is just another weird chapter. It was bad enough when he pretended to be a World Champion, but this was his chance to legitimately claim a World Title, and he's approached it like he doesn't care. Strange really, as he's normally a fairly good trainer.

Hearing Loma v Linares is a done deal for May 12th.

Winner has to fight Mikey Garcia who became a 4 weight world champ with his win over Lipinets this morning.

Hearing Loma v Linares is a done deal for May 12th.

Winner has to fight Mikey Garcia who became a 4 weight world champ with his win over Lipinets this morning.

Heard right it’s a done deal.

Also Sadam Ali v Liam Smith will be on the same night.

Linares Vs Loma is a great fight. This could be special

With Linares’s past two fight performances being really poor I can see one thing and that Loma making another fighter quit on the stool or sparking him out.

With Linares’s past two fight performances being really poor I can see one thing and that Loma making another fighter quit on the stool or sparking him out.

TBF I wouldn't rule out any possible outcome in this one.

A lot of questions will (hopefully) be answered; Can Loma still do it at a heavier weight? Does Linares still have one last sublime performance in him? Will Loma finally be recognised as THE number one P4P fighter on the planet?

Linares has incredible heart though, so it'd take something unbelievable for him to quit. I think a serious injury is the only thing would stop him, but even then, Linares isn't a stranger to gruelling fights

TBF I wouldn't rule out any possible outcome in this one.

A lot of questions will (hopefully) be answered; Can Loma still do it at a heavier weight? Does Linares still have one last sublime performance in him? Will Loma finally be recognised as THE number one P4P fighter on the planet?

Linares has incredible heart though, so it'd take something unbelievable for him to quit. I think a serious injury is the only thing would stop him, but even then, Linares isn't a stranger to gruelling fights

I rate Linares but like I said he looked poor against Campbell who lets be honest is average at best. And he again looked poor against Gesta. Whereas Loma made Rigondeaux, Marriaga, Sosa and Walters all quit on the stool. They don’t call him Nomaschenko for no reason.

I agree it will be interesting to see if Loma can do it at a higher weight. My opinion says he does and he proves to himself and the world that he is the best P4P in the world! His style is so unorthodox and a pleasure to watch. He will beat Linares by stoppage or retirement. I think Garcia might be a step too far for him as he is a very big guy and couple probably box at welter and I don’t think Loma would go that high. If Garcia came back down to lightweight then that is one hell of a fight and as much as I rate Loma I struggle to pick a winner because Garcia is a beast. His counter punching second to none!

Last edited:
Whyte v Browne this weekend, although I’m looking forward to this fight I’m getting a little fed up with the overhyping of Whyte.

I read and listen to a lot of boxing and I heard something from some well respected ‘experts’ albeit American on HBO who classed Dillian Whyte as ‘world class’!! I’m sorry but that’s complete and utter ********! He is no way world class. He cannot be put in the same league as the belt holders and I don’t rate them as world class or elite! The bar has obviously been dropped since Joshua came in and got wins over a load of bums and an old man. Same goes for Wilder!

Whyte lost to Joshua, he in my eyes and a lot of other people lost to Chisora. He couldn’t get knockout a really poor Helenius. I really hope Browne does one over on him because he has to be one of the most overhyped fighters in the country. So I will be in team Browne this weekend.

Whyte v Browne this weekend, although I’m looking forward to this fight I’m getting a little fed up with the overhyping of Whyte.

I read and listen to a lot of boxing and I heard something from some well respected ‘experts’ albeit American on HBO who classed Dillian Whyte as ‘world class’!! I’m sorry but that’s complete and utter ********! He is no way world class. He cannot be put in the same league as the belt holders and I don’t rate them as world class or elite! The bar has obviously been dropped since Joshua came in and got wins over a load of bums and an old man. Same goes for Wilder!

Whyte lost to Joshua, he in my eyes and a lot of other people lost to Chisora. He couldn’t get knockout a really poor Helenius. I really hope Browne does one over on him because he has to be one of the most overhyped fighters in the country. So I will be in team Browne this weekend.

Going to this one, looking forward to my 1st big live event

I am a little jealous, normally these events end up on Tickets 4 Troops but this one hasn’t and I’m too tight fisted to pay for it. Saving my money for the Billy Joe Saunders fight. You haven’t gone wrong going for a Matchroom event as it’s a good atmosphere and a little less in crowd fighting than a Frank Warren show.

Enjoy and hopefully it’s a good fight for you.

Well I’m glad I didn’t get tickets for the Canelo v GGG fight. Rumour has it Canelo has failed a second drug test and the fight is going to be called off!

BJS ‘injured’ so won’t be fighting Murray on the 14th of April. I feel this is a convenient injury for when the GGG v Canelo fight gets cancelled and BJS walks in to fight GGG. Remember this post :winking:

Have fun. O2 is a great arena for boxing

BJS ‘injured’ so won’t be fighting Murray on the 14th of April. I feel this is a convenient injury for when the GGG v Canelo fight gets cancelled and BJS walks in to fight GGG. Remember this post :winking:

Rumours abound that Tyson Fury could be added to the rescheduled BJS - Murray bill. Would certainly look to get tickets if that happens.

Can't imagine Bill would step into that kind of fight, on such short notice though.

Have fun. O2 is a great arena for boxing

Rumours abound that Tyson Fury could be added to the rescheduled BJS - Murray bill. Would certainly look to get tickets if that happens.

Can't imagine Bill would step into that kind of fight, on such short notice though.

I was at an evening with Billy Joe last night and he was asked about it and he said no he wouldn’t step in at short notice. But what he did say is he will fight GGG and it will either be in London or Kazakhstan in September. He was a top bloke and I was sat next to IBO world champion Chantelle Cameron.

As for Saturday, I like Browne. He's a limited guy, not technically great, but has plenty of heart & loves to fight. I would personally say that Whyte has too much for him, although I would like to see Browne do it.

My prediction is Whyte on points, unless Browne's stamina gives out, in which case Whyte by late stoppage

I was at an evening with Billy Joe last night and he was asked about it and he said no he wouldn’t step in at short notice. But what he did say is he will fight GGG and it will either be in London or Kazakhstan in September. He was a top bloke and I was sat next to IBO world champion Chantelle Cameron.

It would be a great fight, but I wouldn't hold my breath of its left Upto Frank Warren to sort it. Ol' fish eyes has a reputation for promising these big fights & failing miserably.

Bill is a good guy at heart. I sat next to him at a Kevin Mitchell fight, at York Hall, around 7 years ago. He made time to talk about boxing, his career, his future plans etc. I've met a few boxers, and he is up there with one of the most welcoming that I've spoken to (as opposed to Dereck Chisora & Jeff Lacy who share the title of less-than-welcoming)

It would be a great fight, but I wouldn't hold my breath of its left Upto Frank Warren to sort it. Ol' fish eyes has a reputation for promising these big fights & failing miserably.

Bill is a good guy at heart. I sat next to him at a Kevin Mitchell fight, at York Hall, around 7 years ago. He made time to talk about boxing, his career, his future plans etc. I've met a few boxers, and he is up there with one of the most welcoming that I've spoken to (as opposed to Dereck Chisora & Jeff Lacy who share the title of less-than-welcoming)

I know you said Fury is looking to get back on the BJS card, I have just heard it maybe on the rescheduled Flanagan v Hooker fight on 9th June.

Back