• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I was busy sunday so only got the chance to watch the fight last night. Was very impressed by Lomachenko. Over the years I've not really been inspired by much under the middleweight division with some exceptions, Hatton, Pacquao and Prince Naseem off the top of my head. The lower weights may have skill but you just don't get the feeling of power from 9 stone guys (I'm sure GBJ and Ricey will pull me up with exceptions to this). Lomachenko was hitting with power and purpose though and that really appealed to me, I will certainly watch his future bouts.

Reading about a new matchroom AJ deal, 3 yrs, £100m. With that kind of money and Barry Hearns comments I'm almost certain that they won't be risking their cash cow and I'd bet on Jarrel Miller being the next fight

Reading about a new matchroom AJ deal, 3 yrs, £100m. With that kind of money and Barry Hearns comments I'm almost certain that they won't be risking their cash cow and I'd bet on Jarrel Miller being the next fight

I don’t know if you’ve seen already about Hearn’s new ‘Billion Dollar’ deal with DAZN and Platform for 16 shows blah blah blah. Well what I’ve heard is they had to release this announcement early. The plan was to announce it with AJ v Wilder being the first show on this new venture.

Now the reason why he released it early is because of our good friend Dana White dipping his toes into the boxing business. His deal with Zuffa to get into boxing is due to be announced very soon and rumours doing the rounds are his first fighter he’s signed is the P4P 4 weight world champ Mikey Garcia. Hearn obviously caught wind of this and pushed through his announcement to be there first.

Now in a lot of the interviews he is still talking about AJ v Wilder and talks are ongoing between the camps. I agree with you though they won’t risk their cash cow against Wilder just yet. They will take either the Miller or Povetkin fight and build Joshua’s profile in the US to build as much money as possible for an AJ v Wilder fight.

I might be wrong but I really don’t think Hearn wants the Wilder fight.... yet! And he will put up all sorts of roadblocks and blame it on team Wilder to make them look like the issue as his deluded followers will believe it.

I don’t know if you’ve seen already about Hearn’s new ‘Billion Dollar’ deal with DAZN and Platform for 16 shows blah blah blah. Well what I’ve heard is they had to release this announcement early. The plan was to announce it with AJ v Wilder being the first show on this new venture.

Now the reason why he released it early is because of our good friend Dana White dipping his toes into the boxing business. His deal with Zuffa to get into boxing is due to be announced very soon and rumours doing the rounds are his first fighter he’s signed is the P4P 4 weight world champ Mikey Garcia. Hearn obviously caught wind of this and pushed through his announcement to be there first.

Now in a lot of the interviews he is still talking about AJ v Wilder and talks are ongoing between the camps. I agree with you though they won’t risk their cash cow against Wilder just yet. They will take either the Miller or Povetkin fight and build Joshua’s profile in the US to build as much money as possible for an AJ v Wilder fight.

I might be wrong but I really don’t think Hearn wants the Wilder fight.... yet! And he will put up all sorts of roadblocks and blame it on team Wilder to make them look like the issue as his deluded followers will believe it.

I hadn't heard all of that.

I have heard that matchroom were talking with the WBA to see if they could postpone facing Povetkin as mandatory challenger. It could be to face Wilder but I think Povetkin is dangerous too and they want the Miller fight 1st and then Povetkin, and then most probably Wilder.

I did actually look if there were odds and I've put £30 on Miller to be AJ's next opponent at 3/1

Hearing mutterings now that Hearn really has ****ed on Dana White’s parade and is in advanced talks with Mikey Garcia.

Hell of a statement if he manages to sign Garcia.

Selby v Warrington and Stevenson v Jack this weekend people.

A good domestic dust up for a world title with the winner most likely taking on Carl Frampton at Windsor Park in August/September time. Personally I want Warrington to win he’s got the heart but I just don’t think he possess the skill to beat Selby. So no doubt Selby win on a wide points decision.

Then later that night we have in Canada the man who fights once a year (if you’re lucky) Adonis Stevenson. The 40 year old who talks a good game but doesn’t always back it up by actually getting in the ring. Claiming today that he had contract talks with Kovalev but when it went to purse bids the fight disappeared... Yeah Adonis because it just happens like that. Destroyed Fonfara in his last fight so who knows he might do it against Jack which was nearly a year ago.

Then we get onto Badou Jack, beat George Groves at super middle then had majority draws against Bute (overturned into a DQ after failing a drug test) and James DeGale. Moved upto light heavy and fought Nathan Cleverley, made quick work of that and now looks to dethrone the lineal light heavy champ.

I’d like to see Jack to win this, his fight against DeGale was an outright war. Someone needs to put Stevenson into retirement because he just doesn’t fight enough and it’s a waste of the belts not being defended. And if rumours are true they’re thinking of doing a light heavy super series then we want the WBC and Ring magazine belts on the line as they’re by far the most attractive. Let’s face it Stevenson won’t sign up to something like that as it would mean 3 fights in a year if he progressed to the final.

What a fight!

Selby v Warrington was an absolute war and congratulations to Josh Warrington. He put on a performance reminiscent of Hatton against Tszyu. If you haven’t seen it it’s well worth a watch. A fight to prove you can have a great fight without a KO.

What a fight!

Selby v Warrington was an absolute war and congratulations to Josh Warrington. He put on a performance reminiscent of Hatton against Tszyu. If you haven’t seen it it’s well worth a watch. A fight to prove you can have a great fight without a KO.
That Adams lady looked good too ,but not sure how good her opponent was as it ended in round one .

That Adams lady looked good too ,but not sure how good her opponent was as it ended in round one .

There was a lot of controversy around that fight. Women’s boxing is normally 2 minute rounds but Nicola Adams has wanted and had fought in 3 minute rounds. Her fight was scheduled for 2 minute rounds. She knocked out her opponent in 2 mins 47 seconds of the first round. Work that one out!

Her opponent had been in 3 world title fights (lost all 3) but was a step up for her and to knock her out like she did was impressive. She is going to be a world champ, I don’t follow women’s boxing that closely so couldn’t tell you where she is or how long before it happens.

I think even if it had have been 2 minute rounds fight still wouldnt have lasted too long ,she looked very impressive,yeah i believe reading what you said she will be a world champion.Not so sure Josh Warrington will be champion for too long though .

Back to Lomachenko, after reading what I read earlier I have to say he has got to be one of the greatest ever. In the fight against Linares in the 2nd round he dislocated his shoulder and tore his labrum. And still went on to put on that display against one of the best P4P fighters. The bloke is an animal!

There was a lot of controversy around that fight. Women’s boxing is normally 2 minute rounds but Nicola Adams has wanted and had fought in 3 minute rounds. Her fight was scheduled for 2 minute rounds. She knocked out her opponent in 2 mins 47 seconds of the first round. Work that one out!

Her opponent had been in 3 world title fights (lost all 3) but was a step up for her and to knock her out like she did was impressive. She is going to be a world champ, I don’t follow women’s boxing that closely so couldn’t tell you where she is or how long before it happens.

Nicola Adams vs Soledad del Valle Frias fight.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6k0959

According to the compere at the end the knockout was at 1 min 59 secs, but it was clearly 2 min 59 secs, still a great result by Adams.

Whyte v Parker July 28th, was rumoured he was going to be fighting Ortiz. But turns out they’ve gone for the Parker fight. Probably wise because out of the two I think Ortiz poses more of a threat to Whyte.

Also sounding like Joshua v Povetkin in September at Wembley stadium.

And it looks like the Whyte v Parker is PPV! What a ****ing joke neither are PPV fighters, he better pack that undercard to high heaven.

I'm back baby. Had a small hiatus abroad, but seeing as its the return of the people's champ tomorrow night, what better time for me to step out of the shadows & offer some totally worthless predictions & some mind-bendingly confusing opinions!

It's been a long time coming, which in truth had been an often unlikely scenario, but as if by some gypsy magic, the undefeated, true lineal champ is finally ready to make his return. Ok, ok, It's an exhibition fight, that on paper at least, isn't much of a contest. But this fight, and presumably the next few to follow, won't be about big names, belts or climbing rankings, this/these fights will be allow Fury to shake off some ring rust, and get to grips with the sport again.

Very rarely can any sportsman take 30 months off, and still retain that same special spark. Has he still got it? Is he shot?

Either way, it's great to see Tyson ready to step back between the ropes tomorrow night. Boxing needs him.

Back