Likes Likes:  102
Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3373818283
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1245

Thread: General Boxing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by buffalowolf View Post
    That Adams lady looked good too ,but not sure how good her opponent was as it ended in round one .
    There was a lot of controversy around that fight. Women’s boxing is normally 2 minute rounds but Nicola Adams has wanted and had fought in 3 minute rounds. Her fight was scheduled for 2 minute rounds. She knocked out her opponent in 2 mins 47 seconds of the first round. Work that one out!

Her opponent had been in 3 world title fights (lost all 3) but was a step up for her and to knock her out like she did was impressive. She is going to be a world champ, I don’t follow women’s boxing that closely so couldn’t tell you where she is or how long before it happens.

Director

I think even if it had have been 2 minute rounds fight still wouldnt have lasted too long ,she looked very impressive,yeah i believe reading what you said she will be a world champion.Not so sure Josh Warrington will be champion for too long though .

Back to Lomachenko, after reading what I read earlier I have to say he has got to be one of the greatest ever. In the fight against Linares in the 2nd round he dislocated his shoulder and tore his labrum. And still went on to put on that display against one of the best P4P fighters. The bloke is an animal!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricey View Post
    Yeah that is a warrior
    Ricky Otto's No.1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Otto View Post
    Yeah that is a warrior
    If he was a heavyweight everyone would be saying it’s the second coming of Ali! In my eyes with his amateur pedigree he’s better than Ali.

There was a lot of controversy around that fight. Women’s boxing is normally 2 minute rounds but Nicola Adams has wanted and had fought in 3 minute rounds. Her fight was scheduled for 2 minute rounds. She knocked out her opponent in 2 mins 47 seconds of the first round. Work that one out!

Her opponent had been in 3 world title fights (lost all 3) but was a step up for her and to knock her out like she did was impressive. She is going to be a world champ, I don’t follow women’s boxing that closely so couldn’t tell you where she is or how long before it happens.
    Nicola Adams vs Soledad del Valle Frias fight.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6k0959

According to the compere at the end the knockout was at 1 min 59 secs, but it was clearly 2 min 59 secs, still a great result by Adams.
    Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Whyte v Parker July 28th, was rumoured he was going to be fighting Ortiz. But turns out they’ve gone for the Parker fight. Probably wise because out of the two I think Ortiz poses more of a threat to Whyte.

Also sounding like Joshua v Povetkin in September at Wembley stadium.

And it looks like the Whyte v Parker is PPV! What a ****ing joke neither are PPV fighters, he better pack that undercard to high heaven.

Smiffy's Best Man

I'm back baby. Had a small hiatus abroad, but seeing as its the return of the people's champ tomorrow night, what better time for me to step out of the shadows & offer some totally worthless predictions & some mind-bendingly confusing opinions!

It's been a long time coming, which in truth had been an often unlikely scenario, but as if by some gypsy magic, the undefeated, true lineal champ is finally ready to make his return. Ok, ok, It's an exhibition fight, that on paper at least, isn't much of a contest. But this fight, and presumably the next few to follow, won't be about big names, belts or climbing rankings, this/these fights will be allow Fury to shake off some ring rust, and get to grips with the sport again.

Very rarely can any sportsman take 30 months off, and still retain that same special spark. Has he still got it? Is he shot?

Either way, it's great to see Tyson ready to step back between the ropes tomorrow night. Boxing needs him.
    Quote Originally Posted by southchurch View Post
    Ron has worked his socks off over many years and had many a sleepless night in his heroic attempt to keep this club afloat

Quote Originally Posted by GBJ View Post
    I'm back baby. Had a small hiatus abroad, but seeing as its the return of the people's champ tomorrow night, what better time for me to step out of the shadows & offer some totally worthless predictions & some mind-bendingly confusing opinions!

It's been a long time coming, which in truth had been an often unlikely scenario, but as if by some gypsy magic, the undefeated, true lineal champ is finally ready to make his return. Ok, ok, It's an exhibition fight, that on paper at least, isn't much of a contest. But this fight, and presumably the next few to follow, won't be about big names, belts or climbing rankings, this/these fights will be allow Fury to shake off some ring rust, and get to grips with the sport again.

Very rarely can any sportsman take 30 months off, and still retain that same special spark. Has he still got it? Is he shot?

Either way, it's great to see Tyson ready to step back between the ropes tomorrow night. Boxing needs him.
    From 27 stone down to 19 stone Ben Davidson has done wonders with him. He’s built a great bond with Tyson and helped massively with his mental state. The Mac is back and he’s ready to win back his belts and get that last one he never got the chance to win.

I’d like to see him fight Briggs after this fight as they’ve been exchanging tweets and talking to each other via social media.

Agree with you GBJ it’s great to see the best boxer in the heavyweight division back!

David Haye retires, though in boxing it seems that's never a permanent thing.

All hail the Gypsy King!

Still hacked off by the showboating and lack of fight on Saturday night! atrocious matchmaking. I get what GBJ and Ricey are saying about wiping off the cobwebs, but it should of at least been a bit of a contest for him, The ****** doesn't need an ego boost, its far too big already!
    I am Riding London to Surrey in aid of Prostate cancerUK, Prostate cancer kills 1 man every 45 minutes!
    Any sponsorship would be greatly appreciated, this is a big challenge for me, in fact the first proper bit of exercise I've done in 10 years! and this is for a charity that is very close to my heart. Every little helps!

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/rossurquhart2018

Quote Originally Posted by MK Shrimper View Post
    David Haye retires, though in boxing it seems that's never a permanent thing.
    Something that should've happened a long time ago. Should never have come back but that's what happens when you're skint and splashed all your cash on your lavish lifestyle. He's boosted Tony Bellew's stock though.

Quote Originally Posted by SUFC_Ross View Post
    All hail the Gypsy King!

Still hacked off by the showboating and lack of fight on Saturday night! atrocious matchmaking. I get what GBJ and Ricey are saying about wiping off the cobwebs, but it should of at least been a bit of a contest for him, The ****** doesn't need an ego boost, its far too big already!
    It was expected, Seferi was a joke and it was more of an exhibition than a fight. And from the videos i've seen of the crowd there was better fights going on there than there was in the ring. Now that shambles is out of the way he can be put in with a live opponent. Someone to give him a fight and for him to get some proper rounds, the likes of a Lucas Browne, Bermane Stiverne, Charles Martin, Carlos Takam or someone of that ilk. A live opponent who isn't going to cause too much issues but will help actually get the ring rust off and gauge where Tyson is actually at.

Something that should've happened a long time ago. Should never have come back but that's what happens when you're skint and splashed all your cash on your lavish lifestyle. He's boosted Tony Bellew's stock though.

It was expected, Seferi was a joke and it was more of an exhibition than a fight. And from the videos i've seen of the crowd there was better fights going on there than there was in the ring. Now that shambles is out of the way he can be put in with a live opponent. Someone to give him a fight and for him to get some proper rounds, the likes of a Lucas Browne, Bermane Stiverne, Charles Martin, Carlos Takam or someone of that ilk. A live opponent who isn't going to cause too much issues but will help actually get the ring rust off and gauge where Tyson is actually at.
    I'd like to see a Fury Takam fight, that for me would be worth tuning in for, and like you said start to gauge quite where Tyson is..
    I am Riding London to Surrey in aid of Prostate cancerUK, Prostate cancer kills 1 man every 45 minutes!
    Any sponsorship would be greatly appreciated, this is a big challenge for me, in fact the first proper bit of exercise I've done in 10 years! and this is for a charity that is very close to my heart. Every little helps!

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/rossurquhart2018