• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I generally don't post here but I always have a read of you two to get a bit of insight being a "casual" as you would call it. Generally you address everything I need to know so I don't need to post. In the case of the possible bout between Fury and Joshua, you both seem convinced that Joshua isn't ready yet but you both seem to think a unification will happen. There doesn't seem to be any consideration for Klitshko beating Fury (unless I've missed it), so is Fury beating Klitshko a foregone conclusion in your opinions?

It's not and a lot of people seem to forget that fact similar with Canelo being tipped to fight GGG that fight will only happen if he beats Khan. Klitschko was the unbeaten champ for 9 years he's the guy that beat the guy that beat the guy. He honestly didn't have a clue with what to do with Fury and at times looked amateurish (when he turned his back on Fury).

The only person who can lose this is Fury, he took the first fight very seriously. The fact he has let himself go a bit does concern me but all you have to do is look at Ricky H(f)atton he used to balloon and then come fight night was in great shape. It all depends on how Fury trains but if he does exactly the same as he did in the first I can't see anything but a Fury win on points. He disabled Klitschko's jab and that's his trump card. Klitschko is slowing down and that was clear when he beat Bryant Jennings. I like Klitschko and I like Fury but Klitschko is the old and Fury is the new so I want to see a Fury win just for the unification fights. If Wilder comes through the Povetkin fight there could be some good match ups soon to unify the division.

Fury vs Joshua won't be until late next year if all goes to plan. I could see Fury vs Wilder next as Joshua has to fight the winner of Parker vs Takam if (when) he wins on the 25 June. Question is where do all the other possible bouts fit in? Fury will also have to fight Ortiz as a mandatory if he comes out on top against Klitschko. It's a good time for the heavyweight division.

Keep an eye out for Team GB's next heavyweight Joseph Joyce who has qualified for Rio. He is a little older than Joshua but I've heard good things. Will probably end up more Audley Harrison than Anthony Joshua but wish him all the best for Rio.

I generally don't post here but I always have a read of you two to get a bit of insight being a "casual" as you would call it. Generally you address everything I need to know so I don't need to post. In the case of the possible bout between Fury and Joshua, you both seem convinced that Joshua isn't ready yet but you both seem to think a unification will happen. There doesn't seem to be any consideration for Klitshko beating Fury (unless I've missed it), so is Fury beating Klitshko a foregone conclusion in your opinions?

I've got nothing against casuals, because we are/were all casuals at some point. My problem with the casuals, is the nonsensical stuff they Say. I mean, we're all entitled to our own opinions, but some of the stuff I've heard is infuriatingly ridiculous.

One of the biggest problems is, Sky will hype & push an agenda. They've labelled Brezeale as a tough, unbeaten, dangerous opponent for AJ. Which is actually the opposite of the truth. But people buy into the propaganda, so when AJ steamrolls this poor **** in the first few rounds, they'll be even more convinced of AJ's superhuman status.

Regarding Fury-Wlad, Pretty much what Ricey said. He summed it up quite well. It's Fury's to lose.

Anyone going to catch the Hughie Fury fight tonight? Haven't watched him yet, looking forward to seeing what he is about. Well, if I can find a stream that is.

Also some very good posts above - do enjoy reading through this thread.

Anyone going to catch the Hughie Fury fight tonight? Haven't watched him yet, looking forward to seeing what he is about. Well, if I can find a stream that is.

Also some very good posts above - do enjoy reading through this thread.

I've not had the pleasure of seeing him fight yet. I've got a box nation subscription but I am working tonight so will miss it. If the BJS fight hadn't have been cancelled due to his injury I would have been at the copperbox 100%!

If you haven't already got Kodi, have a look at downloading it and getting SportsDevil loads of good streams on there. I will be using it early hours when I get in from work to watch the super middleweight double header in Washington!

I've not had the pleasure of seeing him fight yet. I've got a box nation subscription but I am working tonight so will miss it. If the BJS fight hadn't have been cancelled due to his injury I would have been at the copperbox 100%!

If you haven't already got Kodi, have a look at downloading it and getting SportsDevil loads of good streams on there. I will be using it early hours when I get in from work to watch the super middleweight double header in Washington!

Nice one, cheers Ricey! Have seen 'Kodi' mentioned a bit so will definitely check it out. Hopefully will make Degales fight as well.

Nice one, cheers Ricey! Have seen 'Kodi' mentioned a bit so will definitely check it out. Hopefully will make Degales fight as well.

Cracking little double header there I just hope Jack beats Bute because we've seen DeGale vs Bute already I would like to see how he gets on against Jack.

Anyone going to catch the Hughie Fury fight tonight? Haven't watched him yet, looking forward to seeing what he is about.

Hughie is the more talented of the Fury clan. His career was disrupted a few years ago, due to a life-threatening disease called Nieman's Pick. He's been getting back on track, and is continuing to learn his trade very well. The one thing worth remembering with Hughie, he's still only 21, even though physically he doesn't look it.

His critics would bemoan his lack of power and question his ability to finish a fight. But really intentionally been matched in fights, Where the lessons he's learnings, and the experience being gained, are more important than an explosive knockout finish. He's 21-years-old. He's learning how to be a boxer. That means learning how to box off the backfoot, Learning his ringcraft, learning and advancing his footwork.

His opponent tonight, Fred Kassi, will be another valuable learning curve. Whilst he's not an excellent fighter, Kassi is durable & better than his record suggests. He absolutely destroyed his last opponent (future AJ victim, Dominic Brezeale) but rather suspiciously didn't get the win on the judges scorecards. He's also been in & drawn with Chris Arreola, which is valuable experience.

That said, I'm going for a Points victory for Hughie here. The height & reach advantage will be too much, and while I don't expect Hughie to spark him, I'm expecting him to control the fight, dictate the pace & win comfortably on the cards.

I've not had the pleasure of seeing him fight yet. I've got a box nation subscription but I am working tonight so will miss it. If the BJS fight hadn't have been cancelled due to his injury I would have been at the copperbox 100%

Gotta say, I've been to numerous live events over the years, put on by various promoters, but Frank Warren's are by far the worst. Not necessarily the quality of the boxing, but the actual production is more-often-than-not a complete shambles. The last Warren one I went to was the double header of Eubank Jr vs BJS & Fury vs Chisora at The Excel. And I can assure you, it was carnage. People p!ssing in cups, while standing at the bar, or in the "concourse" area. smoking wherever you wanted (which was good for me TBH, being a smoker :)) little skirmishes breaking out everywhere. The Police were so understaffed that they couldn't/didn't engage or even attempt to stop any of this. Being so thin on the ground, they clearly didn't want to start a riot. Which it undoubtedly would have been.

But, The 2 worst things, were;
1) Franks fights always seem to finish late. And that's normally AFTER the last train. Half way through the Eubank-BJS fight, they put an announcement over the tannoy system, telling people the last train was leaving soon, which saw half of the arena empty. If you're going to a Warren show, don't go by train. Organise a taxi, or get someone to drive. It's not worth the hassle.

And 2) I had decent floor seats, about 10ish rows from the ring. People were standing wherever they wanted, standing in the aisles, and even on top of the seats. I felt sorry for one poor b@stard, who was in a wheelchair, he's obviously paid decent dough for a good spot, and couldn't see **** as everyone in front of him was standing. So security gingerly wanders over there, but When told to sit, the security guy was given a stern warning by the group (who were, How do I put this, err Tyson & BJS fans), that if he didn't **** off & leave them alone.... Well you can imagine.

Luckily my view wasn't impeded, but others were fuming. This of course led to arguing & rows, left right & centre.

Infact, most of my bad stories involving live events, all emanate from Warren's shows :hilarious:

edit: actually, I remember lots of pictures appearing on Twitter, in the following days to back this story up. Have a look, and see for yourself

Last edited:
Gotta say, I've been to numerous live events over the years, put on by various promoters, but Frank Warren's are by far the worst. Not necessarily the quality of the boxing, but the actual production is more-often-than-not a complete shambles. The last Warren one I went to was the double header of Eubank Jr vs BJS & Fury vs Chisora at The Excel. And I can assure you, it was carnage. People p!ssing in cups, while standing at the bar, or in the "concourse" area. smoking wherever you wanted (which was good for me TBH, being a smoker :)) little skirmishes breaking out everywhere. The Police were so understaffed that they couldn't/didn't engage or even attempt to stop any of this. Being so thin on the ground, they clearly didn't want to start a riot. Which it undoubtedly would have been.

But, The 2 worst things, were;
1) Franks fights always seem to finish late. And that's normally AFTER the last train. Half way through the Eubank-BJS fight, they put an announcement over the tannoy system, telling people the last train was leaving soon, which saw half of the arena empty. If you're going to a Warren show, don't go by train. Organise a taxi, or get someone to drive. It's not worth the hassle.

And 2) I had decent floor seats, about 10ish rows from the ring. People were standing wherever they wanted, standing in the aisles, and even on top of the seats. I felt sorry for one poor b@stard, who was in a wheelchair, he's obviously paid decent dough for a good spot, and couldn't see **** as everyone in front of him was standing. So security gingerly wanders over there, but When told to sit, the security guy was given a stern warning by the group (who were, How do I put this, err Tyson & BJS fans), that if he didn't leave **** off & them alone.... Well you can imagine.

Luckily my view was impeded, but others were fuming. This of course led to arguing & rows, left right & centre.

Infact, most of my bad stories involving live events, all emanate from Warren's shows :hilarious:

edit: actually, I remember lots of pictures appearing on Twitter, in the following days to back this story up. Have a look, and see for yourself

It's funny you say that before I came to work I switched on and watched a few of the undercards. As I was reading your message they cut to a bunch of lads absolutely blotto and being *****. It was 1900 and nowhere near the main event.

It's funny you say that before I came to work I switched on and watched a few of the undercards. As I was reading your message they cut to a bunch of lads absolutely blotto and being *****. It was 1900 and nowhere near the main event.

Sounds about right.

Heres a few bits I could find regarding that story I mentioned:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/bo...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowU...8-r242582972-ExCeL_London-London_England.html

The pictures on Twitter (which I can't find now) showed all this

He's at it again!

He's at it again!

There's no doubt about it, the mans got serious mental health issues. Bi-polar, split personality, I'm not sure what exactly, but there's definitely something.

Anyone seen this between Anthony Joshua and Dominic Breazeale?

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/10269257/watch-anthony-joshua-warns-dominic-breazeale

Joshua certainly seems a bit rustled. I have to agree with Eddie Hearn that we never normally see Joshua loose his cool a bit. Seems a tad out of character? Thoughts you lot, not just on this but the whole build up. Including Eddie Hearn saying Joshua needs a rest after this fight.

There really is a rather simple explanation for this. AJ's usual polite, quiet "stay humble" behaviour is pure PR. His on-screen personality has been totally fabricated by Hearn's team. What we saw yesterday, was the true AJ peeping out. The true roadman.

It's common knowledge in boxing circles, that AJ has had a very chequered past. Numerous street fights, numerous arrests, including an ABH charge, has spent time on remand and another charge (which although being 100% true, I'm not sure if it's been reported publicly, so not wanting to break any libel laws, I'll just refer to it as... the charge which ended up forcing Him to wear a tag for several months) He was also arrested with 8oz of weed on him, and charged with possession with intent to supply.

Personally, I prefer it when he goes all roadman on people. This crisp, whiter than white, innocent boy next door routine is dull.

There really is a rather simple explanation for this. AJ's usual polite, quiet "stay humble" behaviour is pure PR. His on-screen personality has been totally fabricated by Hearn's team. What we saw yesterday, was the true AJ peeping out. The true roadman.

It's common knowledge in boxing circles, that AJ has had a very chequered past. Numerous street fights, numerous arrests, including an ABH charge, and another charge (which although being 100% true, I'm not sure if it's been reported publicly, so not wanting to break any libel laws, I'll just refer to it as... the charge which ended up forcing Him to wear a tag for several months)

Personally, I prefer it when he goes all roadman on people. This crisp, whiter than white, innocent boy next door routine is dull.

Cant really disagree with this. Seems about right. Personally, (PR or not) one thing that attracted me to Joshua was his attitude. Well mannered and keeps himself to himself. Boring, I know, but refreshing to see.

While on the subject mate, how do you see this one going GBH? Obviously the general consensus is a 2 round knockout, but I'm going change things up and going to go for a round 4/5 knockout from Joshua. Purely because what I have seen from Breazeale from youtube etc is that he possess quite quick feet and will really try to take some rounds to Joshua. Clearly not the most technical fighters you will see but does hit hard. But wether or not he will even get close to Joshua is another question.

So yeah, personally think people are being a bit quick to discredit Dominic Breazeale but still fully expect Joshua to put one on him from about round 3 onwards.

Cant really disagree with this. Seems about right. Personally, (PR or not) one thing that attracted me to Joshua was his attitude. Well mannered and keeps himself to himself. Boring, I know, but refreshing to see.

While on the subject mate, how do you see this one going GBH? Obviously the general consensus is a 2 round knockout, but I'm going change things up and going to go for a round 4/5 knockout from Joshua. Purely because what I have seen from Breazeale from youtube etc is that he possess quite quick feet and will really try to take some rounds to Joshua. Clearly not the most technical fighters you will see but does hit hard. But wether or not he will even get close to Joshua is another question.

So yeah, personally think people are being a bit quick to discredit Dominic Breazeale but still fully expect Joshua to put one on him from about round 3 onwards.

Will be genuinely surprised if it goes past 1 round. Brezeale has absolutely nothing to challenge Joshua. In his last fight, he went life and death with a man called, Fred Kassi. Despite the dubious and suspicious victory for Brezeale, Kassi dominated the fight. This is the same Fred Kassi, who Hughie Fury beat, at the weekend.

Will be genuinely surprised if it goes past 1 round. Brezeale has absolutely nothing to challenge Joshua. In his last fight, he went life and death with a man called, Fred Kassi. Despite the dubious and suspicious victory for Brezeale, Kassi dominated the fight. This is the same Fred Kassi, who Hughie Fury beat, at the weekend.

Oh yes, completely forgot that he fought Fred Kassi. I actually watched the highlights of that fight on youtube when looking up on Breazele. And it is a bit of a mystery how Dominic actually won.

But surely, Dominic must have learnt a thing or two from the Charles Martin fight and doesn't want to be an embarrassment as well?

Oh yes, completely forgot that he fought Fred Kassi. I actually watched the highlights of that fight on youtube when looking up on Breazele. And it is a bit of a mystery how Dominic actually won.

Brown envelopes possibly? It was a clear robbery.

But surely, Dominic must have learnt a thing or two from the Charles Martin fight and doesn't want to be an embarrassment as well?

In truth, I don't think there's much he can learn, and certainly nothing he can implement on the night. It's all about levels. Brezeale just happens to be a considerable few levels below Joshua, and no amount of learning will improve his limited skill set, for June 25th.

As usual, it's good marketing & PR from Matchroom. On paper, it's two undefeated fighters, both with good KO ratios, vying for a World Title. And tbf to them, there are millions who will buy into it. It's a complete money-spinner. But in reality, it's a total mismatch. My prediction is, this won't go past two rounds, but I'd say the first round stoppage is more likely. My predictions haven't been too bad lately aswell.

I didn't even bother try to get tickets for the Joshua fight this time. The more entertaining fight will be Groves vs Murray. I Was more focused on the Fury fight. I knew Joshua's would be a bit of a nothing fight and like GBJ says it won't go past two. I would much rather see him fight Whyte again or wait for Chisora if he wins against Pulev on Saturday. But Hearn likes to wrap his fighters in bubble wrap which is why he won't be tested anytime soon. The bloke needs a challenge he needs a fight against a proven fighter and for me the perfect opponent at the moment would be Chisora!

I see the delights of 'the best heavyweight in the world' (chuckle) will be free to air on Dave once again. It will be another oh my god look how amazing David Haye is after he knocks the guy out in the early rounds. Well done Haye you knocked out another bum who before you fought him no one had heard of. Prove yourself a fight a name that people know! If you are as you self proclaim the best heavyweight in the world/universe then fight someone of some worth! The bloke gets on my tits I'd love Briggs to knock him out.

Khan vs Canelo early hours of Sunday morning and I cannot wait. Just to see another one of my most hated boxers getting destroyed. And hopefully it will set up the super fight that is Canelo vs GGG. Also to note super bantamweight fighter Diego De La Hoya will be on the undercard. He is Oscar's cousin and is undefeated in 14 bouts.

Last edited:
I didn't even bother try to get tickets for the Joshua fight this time. The more entertaining fight will be Groves vs Murray. I Was more focused on the Fury fight. I knew Joshua's would be a bit of a nothing fight and like GBJ says it won't go past two. I would much rather see him fight Whyte again or wait for Chisora if he wins against Pulev on the 21st. But Hearn likes to wrap his fighters in bubble wrap which is why he won't be tested anytime soon. The bloke needs a challenge he needs a fight against a proven fighter and for me the perfect opponent at the moment would be Chisora!

I see the delights of 'the best heavyweight in the world' (chuckle) will be free to air on Dave once again. It will be another oh my god look how amazing David Haye is after he knocks the guy out in the early rounds. Well done Haye you knocked out another bum who before you fought him no one had heard of. Prove yourself a fight a name that people know! If you are as you self proclaim the best heavyweight in the world/universe then fight someone of some worth! The bloke gets on my tits I'd love Briggs to knock him out.

Khan vs Canelo early hours of Sunday morning and I cannot wait. Just to see another one of my most hated boxers getting destroyed. And hopefully it will set up the super fight that is Canelo vs GGG. Also to note super bantamweight fighter Diego De La Hoya will be on the undercard. He is Oscar's cousin and is undefeated in 14 bouts.

Even if you tried getting tickets for AJ that would've been a struggle, sold out in 30 minutes! Do agree that Groves V Murray is a big fight, looking forward to that. Im also with you that Joshua should most definitely rematch Dillian Whyte - Am I right in thinking that Whyte will be on the undercard for AJ v Breazeale? Im sure Eddie Hearn mentioned it.

Also, Ricey and GBH. What do you make of Crolla and Barroso? Obviously leaning towards Crolla but Barroso is a dangerous fighter as we have seen from the Kevin Mitchell fight.

Just out of interest Ricey, whats with the hate towards Khan? Surely it would be great for British boxing if he can somehow get a win?

Back