• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not anytime soon, at least. I'd be surprised if Crolla retired though.

Hearn says another big fight has been signed & sealed, and will be announced today. His idea of "big" fights don't usually resonate with my idea of big fights, but I eagerly await his announcement. I would assume it's relevant to Joshua, but could alternatively be Bellew

Judging by some tweets I read yesterday it may concern Sam Eggington.

Judging by some tweets I read yesterday it may concern Sam Eggington.

I hope that's not the case. If so, urgh. And therein lies my grievance with Hearns ideas of "big" fights. I've got nothing against Egg, he's ok, but unless he's being fed to Thurman, then I can't for the life of me see what kind of "big" fight he'd be involved in.

Even if Hearn tried to sell the domestic crap & pit him against Brook, that would just be another flop on Kell's stuttering career, IMO.

I hope that's not the case. If so, urgh. And therein lies my grievance with Hearns ideas of "big" fights. I've got nothing against Egg, he's ok, but unless he's being fed to Thurman, then I can't for the life of me see what kind of "big" fight he'd be involved in.

Even if Hearn tried to sell the domestic crap & pit him against Brook, that would just be another flop on Kell's stuttering career, IMO.

This was the tweet:

So the possible 'big' rumours for this fight are:

Ward vs Bellew at cruiser.
Whyte vs Miller
Whyte vs Chisora 2

But it's all just rumours and probably just guess work.

So the possible 'big' rumours for this fight are:

Ward vs Bellew at cruiser.
Whyte vs Miller
Whyte vs Chisora 2

But it's all just rumours and probably just guess work.

Wilder replied to Hearn's (via Kugan) cringeworthy video to him, that he has a proposal. Wilder v Whyte, maybe?

The fact that Eggington was so easily outclassed by Skeete, tells you all you need to know about Eggington. Don't get me wrong, I like watching him as a come forward fighter, but he is very very limited.

Wilder replied to Hearn's (via Kugan) cringeworthy video to him, that he has a proposal. Wilder v Whyte, maybe?

The fact that Eggington was so easily outclassed by Skeete, tells you all you need to know about Eggington. Don't get me wrong, I like watching him as a come forward fighter, but he is very very limited.

I would be very surprised if that fight gets announced anytime soon. Stiverne is still the mandatory and the WBC haven't approved Wilder the ability to skip him. If any fight vs Wilder is announced it won't be for a while yet until they've sorted that issue.

Could be Joshua related he's been banging on about having a fight announcement soon. But we all know who that will be against as he has two possible mandatories. Pulev for the IBF or Ortiz for the WBA. As a fan I want to see Joshua vs Ortiz but knowing Eddie Hearn he will take the easy option and get Joshua to fight Pulev.

Another rumour doing the rounds which could be very interesting.

Joshua v Pulev Main event Vegas
Wilder v Whyte co main
Miller v Chisora

Would be a good way of papering over the ***** main event.

I would be very surprised if that fight gets announced anytime soon. Stiverne is still the mandatory and the WBC haven't approved Wilder the ability to skip him. If any fight vs Wilder is announced it won't be for a while yet until they've sorted that issue.

Could be Joshua related he's been banging on about having a fight announcement soon. But we all know who that will be against as he has two possible mandatories. Pulev for the IBF or Ortiz for the WBA. As a fan I want to see Joshua vs Ortiz but knowing Eddie Hearn he will take the easy option and get Joshua to fight Pulev.

Another rumour doing the rounds which could be very interesting.

Joshua v Pulev Main event Vegas
Wilder v Whyte co main
Miller v Chisora

Would be a good way of papering over the ***** main event.

I'm sure Stiverne has already said he'd happily step aside, and given the money being touted for Wilder to take on Whyte, I'm sure a nice slice of that pie is what has driven that decision. Wilder is probably going to accept, but stipulating that he gets a shot at AJ no matter the result, plus a rematch clause if he loses. Would guarantee him two paydays.

Agree on Ortiz, has the punching power to trouble AJ, but is slowing down and is already edging towards 40.

To be fair to AJ, there isn't too much to get excited about in the division - but it is getting better.

I'm sure Stiverne has already said he'd happily step aside, and given the money being touted for Wilder to take on Whyte, I'm sure a nice slice of that pie is what has driven that decision. Wilder is probably going to accept, but stipulating that he gets a shot at AJ no matter the result, plus a rematch clause if he loses. Would guarantee him two paydays.

Agree on Ortiz, has the punching power to trouble AJ, but is slowing down and is already edging towards 40.

To be fair to AJ, there isn't too much to get excited about in the division - but it is getting better.

I have also heard that but I've heard he is holding out for more money.

Agreed there isn't really anything exciting for AJ in the division now Fury has gone off the rails and retired (again!).

I'm hoping that Hughie wins against Parker and then ends up fighting AJ as that's a fight I would like to see.

I have also heard that but I've heard he is holding out for more money.

Agreed there isn't really anything exciting for AJ in the division now Fury has gone off the rails and retired (again!).

I'm hoping that Hughie wins against Parker and then ends up fighting AJ as that's a fight I would like to see.

Really looking forward to that fight, because I genuinely don't know which way it'll go. Neither have really excelled in their recent fights, so the camps and tactics will be key here. Not convinced that Hughie has the power to stop Parker, which is a shame, as he's very easy to hit. Have a feeling Hughie will target the body, but also look to replicate the style and performance Tyson used to dethrone WK through a points win.

Parker probably has the greater KO power, and I don't know how well Hughie's chin stands up, but have a feeling we'll find out. Did we get any confirmation that'll Hughie will likely face Haye next? I know they tweeted it from the Hayemaker gym.

[/B]Really looking forward to that fight, because I genuinely don't know which way it'll go. Neither have really excelled in their recent fights, so the camps and tactics will be key here. Not convinced that Hughie has the power to stop Parker, which is a shame, as he's very easy to hit. Have a feeling Hughie will target the body, but also look to replicate the style and performance Tyson used to dethrone WK through a points win.

Parker probably has the greater KO power, and I don't know how well Hughie's chin stands up, but have a feeling we'll find out. Did we get any confirmation that'll Hughie will likely face Haye next? I know they tweeted it from the Hayemaker gym.

Can't see it happening personally and Haye has once again shown absolutely nothing to deserve a shot at a title. And I'm pretty sure Hearn has his claws on the winner and would say he's already agreed a deal with Parker's camp as he knows for AJ it's the easier title for him to get. Yes Wilder isn't the best but he's a heavy hitter and we all saw that if hit AJ can be knocked down.

Hughie seems to be putting a lot into this camp and is working hard so fingers crossed he will be 110% come fight night. Parker doesn't look anything special and if Fury is on his game he will win. Won't be a knock out but he'll win over 12 rounds quite comfortably.

Can't see it happening personally and Haye has once again shown absolutely nothing to deserve a shot at a title. And I'm pretty sure Hearn has his claws on the winner and would say he's already agreed a deal with Parker's camp as he knows for AJ it's the easier title for him to get. Yes Wilder isn't the best but he's a heavy hitter and we all saw that if hit AJ can be knocked down.

Hughie seems to be putting a lot into this camp and is working hard so fingers crossed he will be 110% come fight night. Parker doesn't look anything special and if Fury is on his game he will win. Won't be a knock out but he'll win over 12 rounds quite comfortably.

It wont be comfortable by any stretch in my opinion, and whilst its hard for me to pick a winner, I would wager that Parker is the favourite, based on punch power and activity if nothing else.

Just seen this on Twitter, brilliant but would never happen in this day and age. Shame Sonny Liston was run by the mafia and took a dive on the second fight. On paper Liston smashed Ali all day long but he did as he was told.

Just seen this on Twitter, brilliant but would never happen in this day and age. Shame Sonny Liston was run by the mafia and took a dive on the second fight. On paper Liston smashed Ali all day long but he did as he was told.

And to think, some people get offended at the antics of today's boxers. My all time favourite moment of controversy came from Larry Holmes. Infact, I won't spoil it, just YouTube/Google Larry Holmes limo

And to think, some people get offended at the antics of today's boxers. My all time favourite moment of controversy came from Larry Holmes. Infact, I won't spoil it, just YouTube/Google Larry Holmes limo

Brilliant! Have never seen that before. The Lewis vs Tyson brawl was one of my favourites.

For those too lazy to google it here is the Larry Holmes one GBJ mentioned.

[video=youtube_share;5zlQqSCzRrA]https://youtu.be/5zlQqSCzRrA[/video]

Brilliant! Have never seen that before. The Lewis vs Tyson brawl was one of my favourites.

For those too lazy to google it here is the Larry Holmes one GBJ mentioned.

[video=youtube_share;5zlQqSCzRrA]https://youtu.be/5zlQqSCzRrA[/video]

Excellent. Still makes me laugh to this day. Imagine the controversy & reaction these days if you saw Tyson Fury jump up on a limousine, run along it's roof & drop kick an opponent

This morning the first 4 belt world champion in any class for 11 years is crowned. Unsurprisingly it was Teddy Atlas's golden boy Terrance Crawford. And he wins the fight in spectacular fashion and made a very good and unbeaten Indongo look very average. Indongo looked wild and throwing big punches leaving his body open leaving the classy Crawford a chance to cause serious pain to the body. A body shot in the 2nd sent Indongo to the canvas and it hurt him. He gets back up to last the final 40 seconds of the round. Then in the 3rd round Crawford ducks a swinging hook to unleash a powerful double body shot that sends Indongo to the canvas and unable to get up before the 10 count.

A spectacular win by a truly exciting talent and someone I really struggle to see losing. Where next for Crawford? He has many options staying and light welter and fighting Mikey Garcia if he decides to come up a weight which would be an excellent fight. Stay at light welter and dominate or move up to welter where the is an abundance of talented fighters. He could fight Pacquiao if he wins the rematch vs Horn. And that would be a handing over of the torch for Atlas's best fighters. Or go after the likes of Thurman and Spence. A bright future and a very exciting fighter, he is up with the best in the p4p list.

Crawford looked immense the other night. I thought Indongo was a decent opponent, but Crawford swept him aside, proving himself as the best in the division. The 140lb division has dried up over the past few years, after what was as incredible line-up of names once residing there. Names such as Kosta Tszyu Floyd Mayweather, Arturo Gatti, Ricky Hatton, Paulie Malignaggi, Manny Pacqaiuo. I'd liked to have seen Crawford in against some of those names, but moving forward, I Would like to see him move up to Welter, which contains some big names & big challenges.

Everyone online is saying Lomachenko & Rigondeaux is signed for December. What a fight, and what a year for big fights. We had AJ VS Wlad, we've got GGG VS Canelo, and then it's the purists favourites, Loma & Rigo.

Spose it's worth mentioning the exhibition in Vegas this weekend. My opinion hasn't changed, and I can't see anything other than Floyd winning comfortably. McGregor knows how to sell it though, if I didn't know anything about boxing, I'd have bought into the hype a long time ago, and would probably believe he could actually do it. I'll stick with a Floyd stoppage though, either catching McGregor early with the check-hook, or waiting til McGregor empties the tank & Floyd breaks his heart & the ref waves it off after several unanswered shots.

So tonight's the night...

8oz gloves or not I can see Mayweather making McGregor look a complete chump. I'm actually hoping the petulant Conor is humiliated which would then put an end to this type of circus being repeated

Also I can't see McGregor lasting more than 5 or 6 rounds, he'll surely tire at that point. And he'll be easy pickings. Mayweather is more than capable of going the distance, in contrast your average MMA bout lasts no longer than 3 or 4...

So tonight's the night...

8oz gloves or not I can see Mayweather making McGregor look a complete chump. I'm actually hoping the petulant Conor is humiliated which would then put an end to this type of circus being repeated

Also I can't see McGregor lasting more than 5 or 6 rounds, he'll surely tire at that point. And he'll be easy pickings. Mayweather is more than capable of going the distance, in contrast your average MMA bout lasts no longer than 3 or 4...

MMA fights are 5 minute rounds and waaay more physically exhausting than boxing (takedowns, clinch etc), having said that most of McGregors fight didn't last very long.

All logic says that Mayweather will win but you cant often apply logic to anything McGregor does.

Back