• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

jaffa1

Manager
“Southend are very much a good side,” he said. “They’re playing with confidence so it’s going to be a tough trip.

“We go there with nothing to fear and with the same attitude as we use to approach every other game. We’re going to try to get the points. We want to get back on a winning run and start climbing up the table, so that’s what we will target.”

“They’re a very well organised and combative team with good rotation,” he added. “They have good mobility and strengths, but we also think they have a weakness we can exploit. We’re going there to be very competitive.

“Southend will have a level of expectation about this game because they’ve been producing a very good level of performance. They've got six or seven players who have performed consistently throughout the season.”

“They're a bit like their manager, they're a little bit flash and a little bit out there, but they back themselves,” he joked. “I like Phil [Brown], I like the way his teams play and I like his philosophy. I enjoy listening to some of his interviews because he comes across as quite colourful.

“There will be a different type of pressure on Southend this weekend. They’re playing against a team who are fourth from bottom, so the home supporters will all be saying thank God we're playing Carlisle because we’ll be adding an extra three points onto the tally.

“We’re aware that’s how they will be thinking and it’s up to us to capitalise on it. We aren’t going there to just roll over, I can assure you of that.”

“Southend are very much a good side,” he said. “They’re playing with confidence so it’s going to be a tough trip.

“We go there with nothing to fear and with the same attitude as we use to approach every other game. We’re going to try to get the points. We want to get back on a winning run and start climbing up the table, so that’s what we will target.”

“They’re a very well organised and combative team with good rotation,” he added. “They have good mobility and strengths, but we also think they have a weakness we can exploit. We’re going there to be very competitive.

“Southend will have a level of expectation about this game because they’ve been producing a very good level of performance. They've got six or seven players who have performed consistently throughout the season.”

“They're a bit like their manager, they're a little bit flash and a little bit out there, but they back themselves,” he joked. “I like Phil [Brown], I like the way his teams play and I like his philosophy. I enjoy listening to some of his interviews because he comes across as quite colourful.

“There will be a different type of pressure on Southend this weekend. They’re playing against a team who are fourth from bottom, so the home supporters will all be saying thank God we're playing Carlisle because we’ll be adding an extra three points onto the tally.

“We’re aware that’s how they will be thinking and it’s up to us to capitalise on it. We aren’t going there to just roll over, I can assure you of that.”

Sadly I don't think that's the case Keith :sad:

Half of us will be cheering the team on and optimistically hoping we can scrape a lucky 1-0 win . The other half will spend their afternoon berating Phil Brown , and any of our players who dare not to score with their every touch.

I don't see this.

lets hope it's a v tough trip, I think we are going to get at least 2 goals, to keep us home fans happy

The guy in the south upper some where behind me will be slagging the players off .And Brown come what may .It seemes to be a hobby of his to pay his gate money and slag all the players off .Surly he has better things to do on a sat . LIKE WATCHING PAINT DRY .:winking:

What's this weakness they can exploit then? Oh yes, the fact we can't score a sodding goal at home.

What's this weakness they can exploit then? Oh yes, the fact we can't score a sodding goal at home.

Depends if Bloger or Binbag start it seems to me. If neither do then we are rock solid............... can't believe I just said that.

The guy in the south upper some where behind me will be slagging the players off .And Brown come what may .It seemes to be a hobby of his to pay his gate money and slag all the players off .Surly he has better things to do on a sat . LIKE WATCHING PAINT DRY .:winking:

Corrs much slower.

It's a bit worrying that they have played 26 consecutive league games since they last drew. In fact we are one of their 3 draws this season. Looks like 1-1 then.

Back