• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wycombe will be a real test now!

Hopefully we can get 2 wins on the bounce and kick start our promotion push...for the 4th time this season !!

Thought we showed a lot of promise at Wimbledon, especially the defence!

Praise to Thompson who I believe has been one of our most consistent players this season. Pross is looking his old self again which is good, and Coker is maintaining good form. Hopefully Brown will have the balls to drop Lenny, put Deegan at holding midfield and let the likes of Timlin and Payne push on.

Quick shout to Ted Smith as well. Really pleased he has settled into the starting line up so well. When Bentley finally goes at the end of the season to Champ/Prem, i believe we now wont need to get someone in on loan to start next season. Well done ted

Ermmmm... user name seems a little missing?! Welcome to the board though ... .

I reiterate what i said at the start of this thread.

I was along the side near the corner flag and the ball didnt just look slightly over it looked a good foot over. The lino was poorly placed and was way behind play.

I have a feeling that come the end of the season we will miss out on the autos by one point again.

We probably got away with one on Saturday and it probably levelled itself out on Tuesday.

4 points from 2 games is good. Let's make it 7 from 3

"Poorly placed" as in level with the last defender as opposed to on the goal line ?

Any "decent" Lino would surely anticipate all shots striking the cross bar and bouncing down and therefore position themselves accordingly - shocking effort.......

Any "decent" Lino would surely anticipate all shots striking the cross bar and bouncing down and therefore position themselves accordingly - shocking effort.......

How does one anticipate a ball hitting the bar? The "lino'" is required, as previously mentioned, to be in line with the last defender (or furthest forward - er forward, depending on the referee's instructions). Suppose the "lino" was level with the goal (anticipating) and missed a blatant offside because he was, in your view, poorly positioned?

How does one anticipate a ball hitting the bar? The "lino'" is required, as previously mentioned, to be in line with the last defender (or furthest forward - er forward, depending on the referee's instructions). Suppose the "lino" was level with the goal (anticipating) and missed a blatant offside because he was, in your view, poorly positioned?

I know.
'twas a sarcastic comment my friend.......

Back