• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

NFL 2015 Season

Here we go..... National anthem out of the way... I fancy Carolina to nick it just about.

I think it'll be a Panthers blow out. I think they'll just have too many options against the pass rush and Manning will have a sub-par game.

Cam was meant to be the star. Instead with a 3rd and nine, he loses the ball and instead of doing what almost every other NFL player I've ever seen does, and smother the ball, he backs off. I think he bottled it. Not read any press yet so don't know if that story is out there.

Next series they punt a 4th and 24 with 2 scores needed and not much time left. Had they settled for a loss? Why not throw for glory like Rodgers did?

Panthers didn't deserve a win, Denver D was the key and they didn't disappoint.

I think it'll be a Panthers blow out. I think they'll just have too many options against the pass rush and Manning will have a sub-par game.

I really fancied Carolina too, but hats off to the Denver D. Immense.

Lost a few quid on backing Carolina, made a couple back on opposing Manning to do anything of note, but down overall on the game.

And now...more coffee please.

Yeah immense from the broncos d. I fell asleep in the second quarter and not regretting it really - grim game all around. Thought the denied challenge on the first was a big moment.

Yeah immense from the broncos d. I fell asleep in the second quarter and not regretting it really - grim game all around. Thought the denied challenge on the first was a big moment.

I quite enjoyed the game. Not a thriller like some of the ones we've had lately but I do like a bit of good D. Although Talib should have been hung out to dry for that filthy facemask. Given it was so close to the goal-line he got away pretty much scot free.

Biggest blow was the lack of a pump on the sleeping bag/mattress combo my mate lined up for me last night. Three and a bit hours sleep on what pretty amounted to the floor. Still, I shouldn't complain...

Well that was a crock of *****.

Some strange plays from Cam and too many mistakes/fumbles on key plays from others.

No idea how that incomplete pass wasn't overturned in the first quarter and the resulting sack and TD was something Carolina never really recovered from. Decent D# from the Broncos though so fair play to them

Some strange plays from Cam and too many mistakes/fumbles on key plays from others.

It's been said throughout the year that Cam was doing remarkably well given the lack of really good offensive weapons at his disposal - the likes of Ginn, Funchess and Cotchery aren't quite top drawer - and maybe that finally caught up with them. Cam wasn't great, but he could have done those guys making a few more plays.

This is me rationalising it after the event of course. Wish I'd been thinking like this before punting Carolina :smile:

It's been said throughout the year that Cam was doing remarkably well given the lack of really good offensive weapons at his disposal - the likes of Ginn, Funchess and Cotchery aren't quite top drawer - and maybe that finally caught up with them. Cam wasn't great, but he could have done those guys making a few more plays.

This is me rationalising it after the event of course. Wish I'd been thinking like this before punting Carolina :smile:

Watching Michael Oher slide four yards backwards trying to stop Ware, it's clear that their creaky offensive tackles and the terrible pitch also didn't help.

WHSH104.gif

Anyone else think Newton bottled it when he should have recovered the ball? Stood out to me straight away.

I just watched his press conference. What a prat.

Anyone else think Newton bottled it when he should have recovered the ball? Stood out to me straight away.

I'd be inclined to give credit to Denver for making him 'bottle' it. Getting beat up like that over the course of three hours can wear a man down.

I'm not too fussed about the post-game interview. He didn't cover himself in glory, but [Barna mode] this from The Guardian sums it up for me

"Had he turned up to the podium flashing his megawatt smile, he’d have been ripped for not being upset enough. He turns up grumpy after coming up short in the biggest game of his life and now he’s a bad sport." [/Barna mode]

Yeah credit the Denver D by all means but having watched QB's like Kelly, Elway,Brady, Favre, I cant imagine one of them wouldn't have gone for that ball.

Nah I don't think that's fair - I read some other people saying the same.

Firstly, slow motion always makes things look worse. Secondly, by the time he spots the ball there was already a bronco down with hands close to it - he couldn't kick it away and he couldn't get down. It squirting out again was completely unexpected. Would be harsh to blame Newton for that IMO.

Whats the rule on kicking the ball. Any idea?

Back