• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Finish line

• Total voters
Every time we get close to the top three we seem to stumble. I hope I'm wrong, but I just can't quite seeing us get over the line in to the top three.

Once in the play-offs, who knows. As it's a one in four chance, you've got to assume we won't go up that way. Which is a horrible thought, but there you go...

Win on Wednesday then I'll truly believe that a top three finish is possible, otherwise it's the lottery of the play-offs for me.

Playoff winners for me this year, we are getting stronger every year, this has to be our year.

Head rules heart unfortunately. It's been a valiant (if not stagnated) fight so far, and the same will probably be applied over the next 10 games - winning games we are underdogs for, and dropping points to teams we should be waltzing over.

We'll fall just short of the automatics, our heads will drop a little bit, and that mentality will leave us losing the play-off semi finals.

It's a sad reality that none of us want to face, but it almost seems destiny. Let's just hope that the football gods are looking favourably this year. I for one am not getting my hopes too high.

We will clinch promotion at Roots Hall on the 25th April at home to Luton .

I truly want to believe that we can take an auto place.............. I just can't quite manage it on current consistency. As for the play-offs, I am convinced that we will totally mash up any opposition this time round including a superb day out at Wembley with 30,000 actual, real supporters who shout their heads off the whole match. Now that would be something wouldn't it?

Actual real supporters = The normal Roots Hall faithful + family, friends and pets; Anyone else that has attended RH at least once in the last 10 years; anyone that still has a flag/shirt/ticket stub from the last visit to Wembley; anyone else that fancies a day out with blues.

Last edited:
Every time we get close to the top three we seem to stumble. I hope I'm wrong, but I just can't quite seeing us get over the line in to the top three.

Once in the play-offs, who knows. As it's a one in four chance, you've got to assume we won't go up that way. Which is a horrible thought, but there you go...

I agree with what he said but hope we are both wrong. Will be very happy to eat a big portion of humble pie.

Automatics are possible, but our current form isnt good enough and with the next two away games I cant see us catching them unfortunately.

So play offs again for me, after that its a lottery.

I believe we need 21pts from our last 10 games, so 7 wins or 6 wins and 3 draws. It's do-able, but then again this is Southend United.

If it's top 3 then fantastic, if it's play-offs then no-one will fancy playing us. Fingers crossed the boys can get the job done without having to put us through (another!) extended season.....

LUTON AT HOME!
Cafe at 9
Spread at 10
Ground at 14:45
pyro and pitch invasion at 16:45 following a Barry Corr winner giving us third place
Spread until closing

THAT would be a good day!

I'll get back to you after Wednesday with my prediction - Wednesday will define whether or not we're going to be challenging for the top 3 or not. Win or get a draw, and top 3 is entirely possible. Lose, and I fear that we'll just lose out on promotion, and end up finishing 4th.

Nothing's certain in L2 though, especially this season - top 7 is very close!

I truly want to believe that we can take an auto place.............. I just can't quite manage it on current consistency. As for the play-offs, I am convinced that we will totally mash up any opposition this time round including a superb day out at Wembley with 30,000 actual, real supporters who shout their heads off the whole match. Now that would be something wouldn't it?

Actual real supporters = The normal Roots Hall faithful + family, friends and pets; Anyone else that has attended RH at least once in the last 10 years; anyone that still has a flag/shirt/ticket stub from the last visit to Wembley; anyone else that fancies a day out with blues.

If we play Luton in the final at Wembley, there would be a very big attendance for a League 2 play-off final. Would it be a record perhaps?

Back