• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

That point in the season exists wherever we are in the season!

Maybe, but when he's trying to bond a team together then I'm willing to let him off for making mistakes and realising some players are good/bad in certain situations. Now he knows his squad well, he knows who will go missing in big games and who will put 100% in. He knows who will follow instructions and who will offer creativity. He knows them mentally as well as physically and technically. Now he needs to stop saying 'I'm not sure why that happened' and start picking a team and subs based on his knowledge, experience, and who we're up against.

We need wins not draws now, so two up top, and keep two up top, unless we are 3 or 4 goals clear in a game. Playing five in midfield has been proven not to work, a lone striker just means the release of defenders to pile forward, only imo of course.

Interesting comments

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/article/phil-brown-southend-united-burton-albion-2345487.aspx

I agree with much of his comments when it comes to the game.

However we're at the point of the season where we need to see action, not words.

That's all he's ever offered, words......bulls hit and very clueless team selection. Should have gone last November, the signs were there. As i said at the time, the tea lady in the snack bar would have picked better teams!

That's all he's ever offered, words......bulls hit and very clueless team selection. Should have gone last November, the signs were there. As i said at the time, the tea lady in the snack bar would have picked better teams!

The starting team was fine and what most people would have gone for.

The substitutions on the other hand..

We need wins not draws now, so two up top, and keep two up top, unless we are 3 or 4 goals clear in a game. Playing five in midfield has been proven not to work, a lone striker just means the release of defenders to pile forward, only imo of course.
I agree but surely if we are 3 or 4 goals ahead we should continue with 2 up front and go for 5 or 6? Our goal difference is pretty awful compared to the top 3 so if we have any chance of making the top 3 goal difference could be vital

Funny how you've been nowhere to be seen after the last 4 games, and yet you pop up immediately we lose.:nope:

What he said. Wiggy is without a doubt the most pessamistic poster on here. I don't think I have ever seen a positive wiggy post.

When was the last time we were 4 (or indeed 3 goals up in a game?)

When was the last time we were 4 (or indeed 3 goals up in a game?)

Rochdale away last season was the last time we were 3 goals up, as for being 4 goals up then I really cant remember.
Will have to check that out.

We had five 3-0 wins last season.
Anyway last time we were 4-0 up in the league was Wimbledon away 20/11/2012. Last time we were 4-0 up at home was v Cheltenham 30/3/2012

I'd wager when we won 4-0 at Wimbledon the other year.

No idea the last time we scored 5 goals, especially at home.

Can only think of when we beat QPR 5-0, but that was 7 or 8 years ago.

Does he not take responsibility after the first sub? You should stretch the play with an extra man. Bringing Payne on did the opposite.

I have left till today to comment.
I am usually pro Brown but i was shocked at every one of his sub's. I had my head in my hands at every one.
I have NOT read any other thread's due to work so not aware of other people's comments.
Why oh why did we take Pig off and bring little Jack on. Pig was a bit threat.
It was too early and Jack is not that type of player and was totally ineffective.
Pig was linking up well with Bazza and causing them problems.
Jack was never going to do this with i think over 30 minutes left.
Tango had to get his Weston fix as he does every game. This sub i can just understand as Worrall was
not as effective as some games. However he is in my opinion even on a bad day more effective than Weston.
I was just dumbfounded and could not believe we were prepared to throw away a point we committed a unbelivable sub in leaving a gap the old number 10 bus could have drove through in the our centre defence. I shrimpermoaned straight away what would happen and it did.
Tango its too late for you to go but you were really really well i wont say it. Anyone could see what was going to happen.
That's not hindsight other's will say we all said the same at Burton.

Must be terrible following a team 5th in the league? just imagine if you followed say Hartlepool,how would you cope?

I wish Weston played fantastic like he does on my FIFA 15, he seems to be awesome on there, shame he can't do it in real life!!

If we don't get promotion this season and I'm afraid it is looking increasingly unlikely, I'm sure Uncle Ron will show Mr Brown the door and we will have to start all over again next year to get out of this league. The biggest problem all season has been the lack of goal power, points dropped at home and the inept substitutes that Brown has made. We were leading against Wycombe, Shrewsbury, Burton and Stevenage and didn't win one of them. IMO Mr Brown is a dead man walking.

If we don't get promotion this season and I'm afraid it is looking increasingly unlikely, I'm sure Uncle Ron will show Mr Brown the door and we will have to start all over again next year to get out of this league. The biggest problem all season has been the lack of goal power, points dropped at home and the inept substitutes that Brown has made. We were leading against Wycombe, Shrewsbury, Burton and Stevenage and didn't win one of them. IMO Mr Brown is a dead man walking.

I agree with this, Mr Brown is very close to the exit door. Who would I have next? How about a wildcard selection of les Ferdinand and Teddy Sherringham? Les has all the badges and both have coached at top clubs, Teddy lives locally too.

Back