• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I agree with this, Mr Brown is very close to the exit door. Who would I have next? How about a wildcard selection of les Ferdinand and Teddy Sherringham? Les has all the badges and both have coached at top clubs, Teddy lives locally too.

The clubs greatest success(in my time) was when Ron appointed within,Ricky Holmes assisted by King Kev works for me

Dave Penney? Knows the players and has been there and done at this level, I dont think we need sweeping changes if we don't go up we aren't far away from being a team capable of promotion.

If we don't get promotion this season and I'm afraid it is looking increasingly unlikely, I'm sure Uncle Ron will show Mr Brown the door and we will have to start all over again next year to get out of this league. The biggest problem all season has been the lack of goal power, points dropped at home and the inept substitutes that Brown has made. We were leading against Wycombe, Shrewsbury, Burton and Stevenage and didn't win one of them. IMO Mr Brown is a dead man walking.

Agreed. Although I don't wish to be pedantic, but thats several problems!

The invisible lady may do a better job than Phil,just saying like.

Really...... You don't like PB....Well that is news to us all, can't say I've noticed that on any of your previous posts.

Really...... You don't like PB....Well that is news to us all, can't say I've noticed that on any of your previous posts.

Words are so easy.

Actually I like Phil as a bloke,he comes across on telly as a likeable guy .

You should have said "I don't rate him as manager"

If we don't get promotion this season and I'm afraid it is looking increasingly unlikely, I'm sure Uncle Ron will show Mr Brown the door and we will have to start all over again next year to get out of this league. The biggest problem all season has been the lack of goal power, points dropped at home and the inept substitutes that Brown has made. We were leading against Wycombe, Shrewsbury, Burton and Stevenage and didn't win one of them. IMO Mr Brown is a dead man walking.

NO! Mr Brown is still alive and so are the teams hopes for promotion. Where as I may share your doubts, it's important to stick by Brown and the team, until all promotion hope is gone.

NO! Mr Brown is still alive and so are the teams hopes for promotion. Where as I may share your doubts, it's important to stick by Brown and the team, until all promotion hope is gone.

I like most supporters, will still be at games cheering them on and getting behind the team, I am also a realist and recognise that automatic promotion has all but gone and the play offs are anybody's game on the day but I have serious doubts if we can do it. Hope I'm wrong.

It's simple. . The target is promotion. Autos or play-offs wasn't specified. If we fail to go up Brown goes. I don't think I've ever felt so uninspired and I'm not forced to watch it week in week out. After a home game I tend to wake up expecting to read about failure. That suggests to me PB is on borrowed time

It's simple. . The target is promotion. Autos or play-offs wasn't specified. If we fail to go up Brown goes. I don't think I've ever felt so uninspired and I'm not forced to watch it week in week out. After a home game I tend to wake up expecting to read about failure. That suggests to me PB is on borrowed time

I tend to feel like that when I leave Roots Hall ORM, so it's not exclusive to ex pats :smile:

wiggy said:
...glad you are happy with the orange twa t!
I've never said I'm happy or unhappy, I just don't like people who only post when the team has lost or not performed well. And you fit that to a T.

The team is 5th, there's 19 other teams in the division who would willingly swap places with us. Until any chance of promotion (either automatically OR via the play-offs) has gone then I don't really think people should criticise too much. It doesn't matter how you play, or who you get the points off of, you just have to get the points.

I've never said I'm happy or unhappy, I just don't like people who only post when the team has lost or not performed well. And you fit that to a T.

The team is 5th, there's 19 other teams in the division who would willingly swap places with us. Until any chance of promotion (either automatically OR via the play-offs) has gone then I don't really think people should criticise too much. It doesn't matter how you play, or who you get the points off of, you just have to get the points.

Don't think i have enjoyed one game at home this season.....get 2 for 1 with McCOYS crisps and that is about all it is worth under this manager. A bloke that does a half time team talk on the pitch and the same fella tells everyone that the automatics are beyond us when just 6 points behind with 27 to play for is just weird!

Back