• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

World Cup 2026

Who will host the 2026 World Cup?

• Canada

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mexico

• Colombia

• Morocco

• Uraguay

• Qatar (again)

• Thames Estuary Galacticos

• Australia

• North Korea

• Some other country in Africa

• Some other country in Asia

• Some other country in Africa

• Some other country in N/C/S America

• The surface of the sun

• Mars (first interplanetary World Cup)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pubey

The bidding process begins officially today. Who do you reckon will be awarded it?

Confirmed bids:
Canada
Mexico
Colombia

Potential bids
Kazakhstan
Morocco
USA

Just a reminder:
2018 - Russia
2022 - Qatar

If the US go in for it, they'll get it.

2030 will be in China, and then 2034 will be back to Europe. Cyborg leader Blatterbot 2.0 will award it to a Switzerland/Finland/Norway joint bid, prompting a bloody coup from Platini. Both Platini and Blatterbot will perish in the bloodshed, but Platini's son will rise to power and award World Cup 2038 - and all future World Cups - to Qatar.

Transparency International have a corruption perception index, so I used that to work out who was most likely to win the bidding process. I'm afraid things don't look too good for Canada who are regarded as the 10th cleanest country in the World with regards to political corruption. Kazakhstan are the runaway winners in this group as the 49th most corrupt country in the World, so they get my vote...

If the US go in for it, they'll get it.

2030 will be in China, and then 2034 will be back to Europe. Cyborg leader Blatterbot 2.0 will award it to a Switzerland/Finland/Norway joint bid, prompting a bloody coup from Platini. Both Platini and Blatterbot will perish in the bloodshed, but Platini's son will rise to power and award World Cup 2038 - and all future World Cups - to Qatar.

My only sensible thought about this is that if it doesn't go to a Western European country, then that's 2006-2030 without a Western European host, which is some stretch. Spain and England could have a reasonable shout. Australia and North America too (joint US/Canada bid?).

Can't imagine them rushing back to South America at the moment, but Uruguay are in the mix apparently.

The bidding process begins officially today. Who do you reckon will be awarded it?

Confirmed bids:
Canada
Mexico
Colombia

Potential bids
Kazakhstan
Morocco
USA

Just a reminder:
2018 - Russia
2021 - Qatar

Edited for accuracy

My only sensible thought about this is that if it doesn't go to a Western European country, then that's 2006-2030 without a Western European host, which is some stretch. Spain and England could have a reasonable shout. Australia and North America too (joint US/Canada bid?).

Can't imagine them rushing back to South America at the moment, but Uruguay are in the mix apparently.

A Spain/Portugal joint bid would be popular.

Isn't there a feeling that 2030 - 100th anniversary of the World Cup - will see it return to South America? Obviously, the tournament is now too big for Uruguay to host on their own, but maybe a joint bid with AR-GEN-TINA?

2026 - USA if they want it. Failing that, Europe.

I was in Australia for the announcement of the result when Qatar had beaten them and knew some guys involved in the bid. They were truly gutted. Australia would be brilliant for the world cup, the love of football out there is going from strength to strength. The diversity out there means that aside from Socceroo supporters there would be a heavy number of people of Italian, Greek and English descent supporting those teams as well as many from various African nations. The one place other than England I would truly love to see a world cup in my lifetime is Australia. I know it would be a great tournament.

I was in Australia for the announcement of the result when Qatar had beaten them and knew some guys involved in the bid. They were truly gutted. Australia would be brilliant for the world cup, the love of football out there is going from strength to strength. The diversity out there means that aside from Socceroo supporters there would be a heavy number of people of Italian, Greek and English descent supporting those teams as well as many from various African nations. The one place other than England I would truly love to see a world cup in my lifetime is Australia. I know it would be a great tournament.
Very well said and i would have to agree , there would be no better place on earth at present to hold a World Cup, and it would be a resounding success , but will never happen under Blatters rule ,too much corruption and politics.

Back