• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oh Dear Oh Dear

There are expected to be more revelations in the coming days that will draw Labour and the Conservatives into the funding row.

So basically they're all breaking the rules, unless you support a fringe party I'm not sure how anyone can take the moral high ground in this situation.

There is an underlying theme to all these stories and it is about greed for money and power.
As southendkid expresses "they are all breaking the rules" (well most it would seem) & the thrust of all these exposes is that serious reform to both Houses is urgently needed.
That would be like turkeys voting for Christmas.

Is anyone actually surprised by this news? You'd have thought all the major party members would be a bit more on the ball and careful wouldn't you. As has been said, they're all at it in one way or another.

The higher echelons of our political system is fueled by vastly over inflated egos and personal greed and has been for many many years. I don't and won't trust any of them, regardless of their party politics or affiliation.

I was looking for a Lib Dem General Election thread, but there appears not to be one. I think that lack of interest sums up their chances. They're campaigning on the "it wasn't us, honest Guv" ticket. We aren't THAT stupid.

Back