• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United centre-back Luke Prosser knocked unconscious during drab draw with Ca

Evening Echo

The News
SOUTHEND United's Luke Prosser was knocked unconscious during the Shrimpers’ drab 0-0 draw with Cambridge at Roots Hall this afternoon.

More...

Best wishes Luke! Sickening way he hit the floor. Credit to Ben Coker and their number 17 who reacted very quickly to put him in the recovery position and make sure he hadn't swallowed his tongue.

A friend of mine's Dad works for St. John's Ambulance and I spoke to him briefly in the tunnel after the game. Luke was out but regained consciousness after a minute or two but was complaining of some blurred vision and pins and needles in his arm and finger tips.

Best wishes Luke! Sickening way he hit the floor. Credit to Ben Coker and their number 17 who reacted very quickly to put him in the recovery position and make sure he hadn't swallowed his tongue.

A friend of mine's Dad works for St. John's Ambulance and I spoke to him briefly in the tunnel after the game. Luke was out but regained consciousness after a minute or two but was complaining of some blurred vision and pins and needles in his arm and finger tips.

If that was me you were referring to Scott, I work for the NHS not St Johns (spits), and what you said is correct, but can't say anymore.

Speedy recovery Pross. One of the most 'in the wars' players I've ever seen at the club. Can't think of any others that got banged about so much. Fearless defender.

Speedy recovery Pross. One of the most 'in the wars' players I've ever seen at the club. Can't think of any others that got banged about so much. Fearless defender.
Agree with all of that. I think if most people were told one of our players had taken a free kick in the face they would guess it was Luke. I wish him a speedy recovery.. PS its about time he had his own song.

First thought, well done "the wall" for doing its job. Second thought, oh dear god someone is hurt, third thought, at least 10 mins additional time. Current thought, hope Luke makes a full and speedy recovery.

Does anyone know the current situation with Luke? I wish him a very speedy recovery.

I like the idea of a special song for Luke, he deserves it. Any ideas?

Good idea, though I can only think of one word that rhymes with Prosser and it's probably not the right one!:blush:

Pretty poor that there hasn't been an update from the club yet in my opinion, hope he makes a full and quick recovery

Pretty poor that there hasn't been an update from the club yet in my opinion, hope he makes a full and quick recovery

To be fair Sam, not sure anyone would have been working since Saturday. I'm sure there will be an update today.

To be fair Sam, not sure anyone would have been working since Saturday. I'm sure there will be an update today.
I agree I'm sure, I might have been being a bit harsh, just when you see them putting highlights and photo gallery's etc online you'd think someone might be able to make a quick call and put a one line update on Facebook or something

I agree I'm sure, I might have been being a bit harsh, just when you see them putting highlights and photo gallery's etc online you'd think someone might be able to make a quick call and put a one line update on Facebook or something

Wasn't there something to say he'd been released from hospital late yesterday or did I imagine that? :unsure:

Wasn't there something to say he'd been released from hospital late yesterday or did I imagine that? :unsure:
I think there was, but from the Echo, just checked the club page and nothing on there at all

Back