• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I dont think blame can be attached to RM for the performances on the pitch, unless he tells PB to take off Piggott and put Payne on twice in a week when we needed a goal!!!!

Contract clauses work in mysterious ways :winking:

If you had any idea of the facts you might be a lot more humble.

Possibly so, but when we are not party to the facts, supporters can only speculate and will often assume the worst. I fully understand there may be information that needs to remain confidential, but I believe ignoring the fanbase will just create more animosity towards RM.

A list of some of the clubs that have gone into administration since 2000 (just some)

Crawley
Luton
Chester
Rotherham
Bradford
Notts County
Barnsley
Vale
York
Darlington
Cambridge
and many, many more.

I'm not sure what your very selective list has to do with Ron Martin or the way that he conducts his affairs and those of the club.

Actually over your timescale quoted, 25% of the League clubs have been in administration. Five of those are in the Premiership and their numbers include half of the clubs in the Championship promotion and play off positions.

Most of them are higher than we are in the League. 25% of them have "new" grounds.

I'm not sure what your very selective list has to do with Ron Martin or the way that he conducts his affairs and those of the club.

Actually over your timescale quoted, 25% of the League clubs have been in administration. Five of those are in the Premiership and their numbers include half of the clubs in the Championship promotion and play off positions.

Most of them are higher than we are in the League. 25% of them have "new" grounds.

Yes but its a bit selfish to opt for administration just so we can clear the decks and move on. There would be an awful lot of businesses that would lose out on monies owed and many of them would be small, local, businesses that can ill afford the loss.

Administration might suit some but more often than not its a cop out at someone elses expense.

Yes but its a bit selfish to opt for administration just so we can clear the decks and move on. There would be an awful lot of businesses that would lose out on monies owed and many of them would be small, local, businesses that can ill afford the loss.

Administration might suit some but more often than not its a cop out at someone elses expense.

You think the club has treated small, local businesses well over the years ? Really ?

Not just selling them, but selling them cheaply to himself ?

Not this one again....

The accounts show that the assets had been significantly revalued in the last two years of VJ, to show a book profit and make the club look a significantly better proposition than it actually was.

When the assets were eventually sold, originally to SEL (which at the time was only 50% RM) they may have been on the low side of the market price, but the market price was no where near the book value.

The remaining 50% of SEL was bought from Delancey at a later date

Not this one again....

The accounts show that the assets had been significantly revalued in the last two years of VJ, to show a book profit and make the club look a significantly better proposition than it actually was.

When the assets were eventually sold, originally to SEL (which at the time was only 50% RM) they may have been on the low side of the market price, but the market price was no where near the book value.

The remaining 50% of SEL was bought from Delancey at a later date

Vic overvalued everything so that he could borrow more against any assets we had.

Apart from other things, that paid for his jag, and his son's new car the day before he sold to RM. RM/SUFC then had to pick up the tab on the HP.

Without Ron Martin we would be languishing in the conference by now

Laughable nonsense.....its like me saying without Ron we would be in the Champions league now. We've spent as much time in that as we have the conference.

Spoke to Ron many of times and others who have worked under him. I can say from a personal opinion he is nasty piece of work and I've heard a lot worse from some others.

Back