• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pope's a class act. No wonder you're doing well recently, no doubt based on a solid defence. Other than Shrewsbury's ginger midfielder (and obviously Barry Corr) I think he's the best player I've seen since we've been back down at this level.

Really commands his area. His decision making is exceptional.

Ryan Woods. Best player I've seen at the Hall this season, too.

Bloody hell, I knew Pope was good but just look at the stats

7 clean sheets in 14 appearances for Bury (and just 7 goals conceded)
14 clean sheets in 24 appearances for York last season
2 clean sheets in 5 appearances for Aldershot before that
4 clean sheets in 9 appearances for Cambridge the season before that

Yes - Pope was good when he was playing for York. Very good with crosses and picked everything out of the air - leading us (S.U.F.C.) to pump in ball after ball for Pope to grab. :'( That was the away game last season anyway.

Last edited:
Hi Shrimpers
You all feeling confident about tomorrow? :unsure:
Just to parry the usual comments about the lousy pitch from those of you who go tomorrow, yes we know it's crap but a hell of a lot of money was spent pre season digging it up, putting in a new drainage system and re laying the turf. It was like a bowling green at the start of the season but rapidly deteriorated and clearly something has gone badly wrong and needs sorting again in the summer. It hasn't helped at all as we have a team who like to play it around on the ground.
We have had a couple of loanees from our mortal enemies Bolton come in recently, Tom Eaves, 6'7" so gives us more of a presence up front and Rob Holding brought in as cover for our regular RB who, rather stupidly, got a straight red last week and will be out for 3 games. Our two leading scorers have been out with injuries but hopefully will be back in the squad tomorrow. Daniel Nardiello, (13 goals), not pacy but a real fox in the box and Danny Rose, (10 goals), blistering pace and at his best as an impact sub. We also have Ryan Lowe, part of our last promotion team, along with David Worrall who hopefully will get a great reception tomorrow. Again Lowe isn't the quickest but is a real clever player in and around the box. We also brought back Hallam Hope who was great for us last season but has yet to find his shooting boots. Again very pacy but might not figure tomorrow. Key to the game tomorrow is the clash between our skipper Nathan Cameron and your Barry Corr, a card in there somewhere I think, though what colour remains to be seen. Also a lot of our attacking play comes from the interplay between FB Chris Hussey and Danny Mayor, (unplayable on his day but has been below par in recent games). Finally we have a fine keeper Nick Pope, on loan from Charlton lots of clean sheets but his kicking can be a bit suspect.
Anyway have a safe journey tomorrow, The Swan is a good friendly pub and you can park in any of the streets around there. Avoid the residents only parking around Gigg Lane as the traffic wardens are very active on match days.
For those with more time The Trackside on the platform of the steam railway station on Bolton Street is highly recommended with lots of real ales and around 15 or 20 mins staggering time to the stadium.
Phwew! Can't wait for tomorrow, one of lifes great pleasures giving the TangoMan plenty of stick from the Main Stand.

Oh Dear, Doesn't look like a good game for Adam Barrett to start in then:stunned:
Maybe Bolger if fit as he may have an insight into their weaknesses if they are all ex-Bolton?

Barrett in, Atkinson in, Worrall obviously injured. Barney on the bench that should please Roxy!

It's because he's playing for Bury!:smile:

Hi Shrimpers
You all feeling confident about tomorrow? :unsure:
Just to parry the usual comments about the lousy pitch from those of you who go tomorrow, yes we know it's crap but a hell of a lot of money was spent pre season digging it up, putting in a new drainage system and re laying the turf. It was like a bowling green at the start of the season but rapidly deteriorated and clearly something has gone badly wrong and needs sorting again in the summer. It hasn't helped at all as we have a team who like to play it around on the ground.
We have had a couple of loanees from our mortal enemies Bolton come in recently, Tom Eaves, 6'7" so gives us more of a presence up front and Rob Holding brought in as cover for our regular RB who, rather stupidly, got a straight red last week and will be out for 3 games. Our two leading scorers have been out with injuries but hopefully will be back in the squad tomorrow. Daniel Nardiello, (13 goals), not pacy but a real fox in the box and Danny Rose, (10 goals), blistering pace and at his best as an impact sub. We also have Ryan Lowe, part of our last promotion team, along with David Worrall who hopefully will get a great reception tomorrow. Again Lowe isn't the quickest but is a real clever player in and around the box. We also brought back Hallam Hope who was great for us last season but has yet to find his shooting boots. Again very pacy but might not figure tomorrow. Key to the game tomorrow is the clash between our skipper Nathan Cameron and your Barry Corr, a card in there somewhere I think, though what colour remains to be seen. Also a lot of our attacking play comes from the interplay between FB Chris Hussey and Danny Mayor, (unplayable on his day but has been below par in recent games). Finally we have a fine keeper Nick Pope, on loan from Charlton lots of clean sheets but his kicking can be a bit suspect.
Anyway have a safe journey tomorrow, The Swan is a good friendly pub and you can park in any of the streets around there. Avoid the residents only parking around Gigg Lane as the traffic wardens are very active on match days.
For those with more time The Trackside on the platform of the steam railway station on Bolton Street is highly recommended with lots of real ales and around 15 or 20 mins staggering time to the stadium.
Phwew! Can't wait for tomorrow, one of lifes great pleasures giving the TangoMan plenty of stick from the Main Stand.

Hmmm, why, when I clicked the "like" button for sufclee's post has the post disappeared for me....did it on a 2nd one to see if it happened again and it did!

Anyone else want to try?!

Hmmm, why, when I clicked the "like" button for sufclee's post has the post disappeared for me....did it on a 2nd one to see if it happened again and it did!

Anyone else want to try?!

I can see it still, with you liking it

EDIT: I've just liked it and the detail in the post vanishes but the actual post is still there

Back