• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mick

Life President
Matches against Bury in recent years have been close. Our last five matches at Gigg Lane have seen three 1-1 draws and a 1-0 apiece. Our last four home matches have been draws.

The referee in charge tomorrow is Tony Harrington from Cleveland a third year League referee. His first couple of seasons went well enough and this season seems to be free from too much controversy. His 27 matches have produced a below average 71 yellow cards and he showed his first red of the season last week at Shrewsbury.

He has refereed Southend just twice before. Firstly the season before last at Rotherham. A cardless match and a comfortable 3-0 win. I said at the time: First year ref who had a sound match and kept the game flowing whenever possible. Just 9 fouls in the match was a credit to him as well as the players. A messy incident when he got too involved in the precise placement of a free-kick in no man's land but if that's the worst you can say about a ref, he's done pretty well. Not the hardest game to referee but he did what he had to and ,for me, he was the best of the numerous new referees we've seen this season.

The other match, which I did not see, was last year's 1-0 win courtesy of a late, late Freddy Eastwood goal at Burton. Yellows for White and Kiernan and a yellow and also a yellow and red for Billy Kee for them.

He was also Fourth Official for our play-off first leg again at Burton at the end of last season. He probably would have done better than Langford in the middle.

Assistants are Michael D'Aguilar from Stafford, one of the disproportionately low number of black officials on the League list and Matthew McGrath from Hull, one of the disproportionately high number of police officers on the League list. Fourth Official is Richard Bartlett from Sale.

Here's a clip here of Michael D'Aguilar enjoying himself at Wigan:
https://youtu.be/skHM3D_Ssj8

Matches against Bury in recent years have been close. Our last five matches at Gigg Lane have seen three 1-1 draws and a 1-0 apiece. Our last four home matches have been draws.

The referee in charge tomorrow is Tony Harrington from Cleveland a third year League referee. His first couple of seasons went well enough and this season seems to be free from too much controversy. His 27 matches have produced a below average 71 yellow cards and he showed his first red of the season last week at Shrewsbury.

He has refereed Southend just twice before. Firstly the season before last at Rotherham. A cardless match and a comfortable 3-0 win. I said at the time: First year ref who had a sound match and kept the game flowing whenever possible. Just 9 fouls in the match was a credit to him as well as the players. A messy incident when he got too involved in the precise placement of a free-kick in no man's land but if that's the worst you can say about a ref, he's done pretty well. Not the hardest game to referee but he did what he had to and ,for me, he was the best of the numerous new referees we've seen this season.

The other match, which I did not see, was last year's 1-0 win courtesy of a late, late Freddy Eastwood goal at Burton. Yellows for White and Kiernan and a yellow and also a yellow and red for Billy Kee for them.

He was also Fourth Official for our play-off first leg again at Burton at the end of last season. He probably would have done better than Langford in the middle.

Assistants are Michael D'Aguilar from Stafford, one of the disproportionately low number of black officials on the League list and Matthew McGrath from Hull, one of the disproportionately high number of police officers on the League list. Fourth Official is Richard Bartlett from Sale.

Here's a clip here of Michael D'Aguilar enjoying himself at Wigan:
https://youtu.be/skHM3D_Ssj8

Same officials except that Chris Akers from Armthorpe near Edenthorpe near Doncaster replaces Matt McGrath as one of the Assistants.

Tony Harrington has now moved on to 80 yellows and just the one red from 30 matches. His three matches since the abandonment have all been 2-1 home wins, two of them in the Championship.

Same officials except that Chris Akers from Armthorpe near Edenthorpe near Doncaster replaces Matt McGrath as one of the Assistants.

Tony Harrington has now moved on to 80 yellows and just the one red from 30 matches. His three matches since the abandonment have all been 2-1 home wins, two of them in the Championship.

Crikey anywhere that needs two 'nears' to be able to find it must be a tiny Hamlet.
But I just looked and it's not really, its a bit like saying I'm from Leigh-on-Sea near Westcliff-on-Sea near Southend-on-Sea !!!

Back