• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He was sent home, because he'd forgotten his swimming trunks!

A shrimper appeared to start it. It was over why the game hadn't been called off this morning, not that the poor Bury fan would have had any say in the decision.

No, that's wrong. A young Bury fan, early 20s, had walked up to us and started with verbal abuse. I got it, my son got it and various other got it. Someone bit when his daughter was given a mouthful.

We saw a Twitter pix posted at 1030 showing the pitch with standing water on it. From my ref's perspective, it looked dodgy. When getting into the ground the pitch looked terrible with large areas of standing water, especially a large patch on the halfway line. Goalmouths looked dreadful. 50/50 at best. Then it started to rain.

Both teams struggled for 6 minutes, their defender played the ball back to his keeper, it got stuck in the mud, Atkinson picked it up and was quite literally tackled by the puddle. At that point the ref went over to both benches and called a 20 minute break. During that time the heavens opened, Bury's response was to send a man out with a roller. It was no surprise when at 3:18 the game was abandoned.

Dave Penney spoke to a few of us and told us the game kicked off at 10am it wouldn't have started. I get the impression they hoped it would dry out. At no stage at all from entering the ground did I think we'd get 90 minutes play. I have no idea what the referee was thinking. I wouldn't have a started a park game on a pitch like that.

Waste of day? No!! We had a good laugh on the coach, a beer, a decent burger, a sing song and the day wasn't spoil by a negative game of football.....

Tried uploading some photos and its bit of a nightmare.. Don't know why they haven't uploaded the wrong way round and have got a clue what all this spoiled thing is. All in all a bit of a mess .. Pretty much sums up the day

No, that's wrong. A young Bury fan, early 20s, had walked up to us and started with verbal abuse. I got it, my son got it and various other got it. Someone bit when his daughter was given a mouthful.

I've had a few beers and had to re-read that last part twice..

I hate to ask the question (and dread the answer), after Cambridge and this tet-a tet, is football hooliganism starting to rear its ugly head again?

Or, am I being a bit of a drama queen, and everyone's getting a bit tense towards the end of the season?

I hate to ask the question (and dread the answer), after Cambridge and this tet-a tet, is football hooliganism starting to rear its ugly head again?

Or, am I being a bit of a drama queen, and everyone's getting a bit tense towards the end of the season?

Where has the sense of what is right gone in life?..

Showed himself up as a complete mug then shouting at a girl, and it's no surprise somebody bit.....

i am not sure it's coming back, but two events in a week, let's hope not

Unfortunately yes, it's coming back. It's happening all across Europe! I was reading an article the other day by a European sports journalist saying how it's on the rise throughout Europe.
Times of austerity seem to manifest themselves into a pressure of anger and gets released in and around the football stadium.

It's sad because it only goes one way.

I live in the North West and it was raining pretty much all day yesterday on and off. It was clear from the moment the match started that the conditions weren't playable, the ball just kept stopping. Reminded me of when we played Barnsley at home in the FA Cup many years ago. Begs the question why the match started in the first place, although in their defence it did come on heavily just before kick-off. These things happen unfortunately, the fans from Essex would've left early in the morning anyway so they couldn't have called it off before they left. Fair play to the players for coming over afterwards and for the Bury fans who applauded us as they left. Wouldn't get that in the Premier League. Not sure whether to go to the rearranged fixture, will depend on how much is riding on it.

BY heck it is grim up North, I drove in via Rochdale and Heywood; Bury didn't look great but compared to the two first mentioned towns it is up market chic. I saw more litter, boarded, shuttered shops, graffiti and general grot in the the whole of Essex combined (including Jaywick!)
However 5 minutes away is some great countryside but I am willing to bet 90% of those town's population ever go there.

Match report and ratings: chicken balti pie 9.

BY heck it is grim up North, I drove in via Rochdale and Heywood; Bury didn't look great but compared to the two first mentioned towns it is up market chic. I saw more litter, boarded, shuttered shops, graffiti and general grot in the the whole of Essex combined (including Jaywick!)
However 5 minutes away is some great countryside but I am willing to bet 90% of those town's population ever go there.

Match report and ratings: chicken balti pie 9.

Was a 10 from me - top drawer!

Back