• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
A fantastic result against a team who have been fighting for their lives against league 2 survival...

5 points behind Wycombe, 1 point behind Bury..

Beat Bury and that turns to 2 points + and - against both teams.

We have a good run home as well.

Blues well and truly alive.

As for the game - Bolger was brilliant. By far his best game in a Southend shirt.

5 points behind Wycombe, 1 point behind Bury..

Beat Bury and that turns to 2 points + and - against both teams.

We have a good run home as well.

Blues well and truly alive.

As for the game - Bolger was brilliant. By far his best game in a Southend shirt.

TBH I think Adam Barrett back is a lot to do with that..he is the leader we have missed all season.

I did say I thought we would win with a high score!! Well done Blues, we can STILL do this. COYBB

That 2-2 draw against Wycombe is even more annoying now.

TBH I think Adam Barrett back is a lot to do with that..he is the leader we have missed all season.
Without wishing to sound like a Brown basher after another win, it is baffling how he left Barrett out for so long after signing him, still huge question mark over Brown's ability as a manager for me, as much as it pains me to say it, I think RM deserves a lot of credit for allowing so many quality players to be signed, whether we will pay for that later who knows but he seems to have found some change down the back of the sofa !!!

Without wishing to sound like a Brown basher after another win, it is baffling how he left Barrett out for so long after signing him, still huge question mark over Brown's ability as a manager for me, as much as it pains me to say it, I think RM deserves a lot of credit for allowing so many quality players to be signed, whether we will pay for that later who knows but he seems to have found some change down the back of the sofa !!!

I think for the most part Brown has got it right with the defence this season in that he has generally stuck by the guys in form and made others wait to get in. Very few changes unless injury or suspension have dictated.

I think for the most part Brown has got it right with the defence this season in that he has generally stuck by the guys in form and made others wait to get in. Very few changes unless injury or suspension have dictated.

Barrett and Bolger to see out the season then??

I don't think a lot of Blues fans realize what a massive win this is for us. I was back last December and as Chester had knocked us out of the FA Cup, I decided to go up to the Hartlepool vs Blyth Spartans game. great game, however Hartlepool
were a broken poor team,sacked the manager after the game. Since Ronnie Moore's been there, got them very organized, in form Goalkeeper and several very good loanees. Strong defensively, they are one of the inform teams in the division. Can't see them going down. Show's our potential and let's not write off 3rd place just yet. Well done PB & Lads.

Bury fans calling their manager tactically clueless on their forum, good to see we aren't the only ones that overreact after a defeat. Hopefully the pressure gets to them and Wycombe.

A lot can change in 3 days...automatic is now a realistic possibility, I just pray Wycombe completely bottle it from now. Bury's next 2 games are away at Newport and at home to Shrewsbury.

A lot can change in 3 days...automatic is now a realistic possibility, I just pray Wycombe completely bottle it from now. Bury's next 2 games are away at Newport and at home to Shrewsbury.

Followed by a tricky away trip to Pompey and that potential winner takes all show down with us.

Must admit didn't expect a win today, for us or Morecambe! And with Burton doing us a favour for once, it certainly keeps things unexpectedly interesting. Makes the away game v Bury into a bit of a cup final..

We still have Newport, Luton, Exeter and Bury to play. Very tough run in! Although today has given us hope!

Think people are getting a bit over excited. We have beaten two poor teams and our goal difference is still some way behind the teams above us.

Only listened on the radio, but it sounded like Bolger had a fantastic game. Whether that is Barretts influence is questionable, especially after Stevenage, but with 2 clean sheets Brown will keep them together. Prosser will again be unlucky as everytime he is missing through suspension or injury, the replacements do enough to keep him out. Just like last season with Sokolik and Egan. I will admit the one difference between Barrett and the rest of our defence, is he is comfortable bringing the ball out of defence. Atkinson has been the big surprise. Sounded like he was the best midfielder today, but surely Worrall has to come back in at some point. Definitely rode our luck today, but I think we deserved some, especially after the Wycombe and Burton games. Thought the automatics were a forlorn hope, but thats football. Hope is here again. Browns comments that the autos were gone, seems to have worked. Took the pressure off. Now though, the players will know we have a chance, so just hope we still continue to play as we have, and not let the chance of automatic promotion affect us.

Back