• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pigot's ratio of 6 in 15 is outstanding at any level !

Plus I remember him winning us a penalty as well and I think he might have one or two assists as well so over all a very successful loan speall.

I rate him but for me he's over thinking things too much and is taking one too many touches when in a scoring oppertunity. Even though IMO he is in a bit of poor form he still gets the odd chance which is good but I don't think leaving him out of the line up against Tranmere is the worst thing to do. A little rest might do him good and get him raring to go for the rest of the season.

Good strikers work in pairs, so It's not crucial that both score loads of goals - Thinking here of Benjamin/Angell and Goater/Eastwood. As long as one is scoring.

That said, 4 in 73 is woeful for a midfielder, let alone a striker!:blush:

On the flip side, we have 4 games in 10 days, including one on a glue pot.

Personally, I don't think the :pig: has 90 minutes in him. Always looks spent after about 70, so maybe rotating him and Cassidy over these next four games is not such a bad move.

The curse of the returning striker.. Hopefully Cassidy can get on the sheet as i see him being the kind like Tomlin, 1 goal and he will not be able to stop scoring!

Keep the side unchanged unless you want to bring in Worrall imo

Some want Cassidy to start which is baffling.

Since 24th November 2012 Jake has made 73 league appearances netting 4 goals with 2 of those scored in the same match.
His last goal was 30th September 2014.
He has had 12 appearances for us and scored 0.

Some of you want to break up the Corr/Piggy combination for a guy who cannot score !

I don't understand.

So 4 goals then .........

Stick with our strongest line up as we need all three points, I'm going for a 2-0 win, corr and Lenny :smile:

Good strikers work in pairs, so It's not crucial that both score loads of goals - Thinking here of Benjamin/Angell and Goater/Eastwood. As long as one is scoring.

That said, 4 in 73 is woeful for a midfielder, let alone a striker!:blush:

On the flip side, we have 4 games in 10 days, including one on a glue pot.

Personally, I don't think the :pig: has 90 minutes in him. Always looks spent after about 70, so maybe rotating him and Cassidy over these next four games is not such a bad move.

Wat he says, innit, above and all that, like. Nailed it.

Tranmere looked a decent side when we played earlier in the season - another hard game to win (aren't they all?)

Marc Laird may well be in the Tranmere team and they have a couple of proven goal scorers plus Power has attracted attention from other teams.

Cassidy looked game at Hartlepool - so no need to change - but then Pigott seems to have more "something" in front of goal.

I think Brown will opt for the same team again (baring injuries and knocks). :thumbsup:
Tranmere were awful in first half of away game, we ran them ragged but fell back in 2nd half. They have got a couple of players in on loan and could ask a few questions but this should be over by halftime with us 3 up:smile:

Some want Cassidy to start which is baffling.

Since 24th November 2012 Jake has made 73 league appearances netting 4 goals with 2 of those scored in the same match.
His last goal was 30th September 2014.
He has had 12 appearances for us and scored 0.

Some of you want to break up the Corr/Piggy combination for a guy who cannot score !

I don't understand.

Not really baffling at all. You need to appreciate the role Cassidy plays and how it differs from the role Piggot plays. Personally, I wouldn't say the Corr/Piggot role has been particularly fruitful, it's the influences of midfielders and the full backs that have helped Corr recently.

Not really baffling at all. You need to appreciate the role Cassidy plays and how it differs from the role Piggot plays. Personally, I wouldn't say the Corr/Piggot role has been particularly fruitful, it's the influences of midfielders and the full backs that have helped Corr recently.

Cassidy has had in total 536 minutes scoring 0 and goals scored by the team whilst he has played 8
Pigot has had in total 1106 minutes scoring 6 and goals scored by the team whilst he has played 20

Case closed m'lord.

Play the the guys in scoring form !

Simple basics of winning games.Cassidy may of been brilliant at Pools in his cameo yet that performance surely cannot mean Pig or Corr benched.Piggy has scored more than Cassidy in his short time here than Cassidy scored in the last 2 and half years.
Pigott hasn't scored in a while. Corr certainly shouldn't be dropped, but both Corr and Pigott are pretty slow and teams are starting to figure that out which can limit us at times. Corr has been scoring so much because he can find a goal from anything not because Pigott is up front with him (He is so much better with someone else up front but that can be The Pig or Cassidy).

There is no harm in changing it up and using a bit of pace. And if Cassidy has a bad game against Tranmere just stick Piggy on early in the second half.

same side that started against Mansfield for me, if needed early changes in the 2nd half......just hope its over and done with by then, but I feel TR could be a very dangerous animal on the counter attack as they need the points.
Not sure we will make the autos but I would like us going in to the play-offs full of confidence and with a great run of clean sheets and a couple of 2 or 3 nil wins, we need to be the team know one wants to play

Tranmere were awful in first half of away game, we ran them ragged but fell back in 2nd half. They have got a couple of players in on loan and could ask a few questions but this should be over by halftime with us 3 up:smile:

You are right - I had forgotten about the dominance in the 1st half. :thumbsup:

Cassidy has had in total 536 minutes scoring 0 and goals scored by the team whilst he has played 8
Pigot has had in total 1106 minutes scoring 6 and goals scored by the team whilst he has played 20
Case closed m'lord.

The "case" is not closed just because you fitted some stats to your argument. There is only marginal difference there between the number of goals scored when they've played, the only difference is in what they have actually scored themselves. Incidentally, have you noticed how lacking in goals Piggot is now Corr is scoring? That's because Piggot is played as the supporting striker when alongside Corr, but the main one when alongside Cassidy.

If you watch Piggot's body language - although, I realise for that you do actually need to go to games - you will see it's not great at the moment. Sloped shoulders, head hanging down...we need to get him back scoring and he's not getting that chance alongside Corr. That's why Cassidy is the better choice alongside Corr this weekend.

The "case" is not closed just because you fitted some stats to your argument. There is only marginal difference there between the number of goals scored when they've played, the only difference is in what they have actually scored themselves. Incidentally, have you noticed how lacking in goals Piggot is now Corr is scoring? That's because Piggot is played as the supporting striker when alongside Corr, but the main one when alongside Cassidy.

If you watch Piggot's body language - although, I realise for that you do actually need to go to games - you will see it's not great at the moment. Sloped shoulders, head hanging down...we need to get him back scoring and he's not getting that chance alongside Corr. That's why Cassidy is the better choice alongside Corr this weekend.

Actually i like Cassidy but his terrible scoring ratio is so bad,Joe in the few games I have seen him just seems to be in the right place to score,not overly keen on his work rate but what the hell his 6 goals have been priceless for us.

My view is the same team and dare I say it to the zoners stick a certain young quick hungry forward on the bench.

I have seen Cassidy working the flanks very well, he has very good close control (normally) and I would like to see the 3 of them (Barry, Pig and Butch) on the pitch at the same time and getting some goals, goals, goals.

Back