• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yep, the largest crowd this season was the 7,200 odd at the Cambridge match.

Point of order. That's an even number. I think we have bigger issues than filling the ground for a Luton game such as what would our away allocations be for any of the away play off games. I also don't have a problem with Wembley or Cardiff day-trippers. I'd like to think that our crowds are as high as they are as a result of these not despite them and it shows to me that if we play at a decent level in a decent ground with decent facilities we will get decent attendances.

Point of order. That's an even number. I think we have bigger issues than filling the ground for a Luton game such as what would our away allocations be for any of the away play off games. I also don't have a problem with Wembley or Cardiff day-trippers. I'd like to think that our crowds are as high as they are as a result of these not despite them and it shows to me that if we play at a decent level in a decent ground with decent facilities we will get decent attendances.

According to Football League rules teams have to give 2,000 away tickets for playoff semi-finals or 10% of the capacity. So I would imagine these are the allocations we would get:-
Luton 1,000
Stevenage 1,400
Plymouth 2,000
Newport 1,285
Exeter 1,200

So if we don't get top 3 we will be away to one of those on the Saturday 7.45pm or Sunday 6.45pm as its very unlikely we will end up lower than 5th place now. We would sell out Luton & Stevenage no problem. But not sure how many we would take to the others.

The problem we have with away fans in the North Bank of Roots Hall is that if we have to give the away fans 10% then that's nearly 1,200 tickets which in turn means we cant use any of the North Bank for home fans due to health & safety regulations. We got away with it last year because Burton were not expected to bring more than 800 so we could use part of the North Bank for home fans.

According to Football League rules teams have to give 2,000 away tickets for playoff semi-finals or 10% of the capacity. So I would imagine these are the allocations we would get:-
Luton 1,000
Stevenage 1,400
Plymouth 2,000
Newport 1,285
Exeter 1,200

So if we don't get top 3 we will be away to one of those on the Saturday 7.45pm or Sunday 6.45pm as its very unlikely we will end up lower than 5th place now. We would sell out Luton & Stevenage no problem. But not sure how many we would take to the others.

The problem we have with away fans in the North Bank of Roots Hall is that if we have to give the away fans 10% then that's nearly 1,200 tickets which in turn means we cant use any of the North Bank for home fans due to health & safety regulations. We got away with it last year because Burton were not expected to bring more than 800 so we could use part of the North Bank for home fans.

Ok, I get that ...but, how can the away end at Luton be shared with the home fans, surely the H & S regs should apply..ie that away fans are given the whole of the away end if their support can command it.

On "football ground guide" it says that up to 1,500 fans can be accommodate...or am I missing a trick here :unsure:

Ok, I get that ...but, how can the away end at Luton be shared with the home fans, surely the H & S regs should apply..ie that away fans are given the whole of the away end if their support can command it.

On "football ground guide" it says that up to 1,500 fans can be accommodate...or am I missing a trick here :unsure:

Yeah can be accommodated but as Luton pretty much sell out their home areas they choose not to give away fans 1,500 tickets. Luton have just under 10,000 capacity they only have to give away fans 1,000 tickets, as our capacity is nearly 12,000 we have to give away fans just under 1,200 tickets and if more than 1,000 away fans expected then they have the whole away end as extra safety exits have to be made available (at the back of the North Bank).

Didn't we host Luton for their last away game en route to the Conference? IIRC they brought a respectable following, mostly clad in fancy-dress.

just to confirm. have returned from roots hall market and although its early to prepare for the luton match two workers were pulling the black gauze sheets (used to divide opposing fans) into position. the seats covered were block X in the west stand and block Y in the north west corner.

Didn't we host Luton for their last away game en route to the Conference? IIRC they brought a respectable following, mostly clad in fancy-dress.

Don't think it was fancy dress, that was how they always looked.

I think that match was in League 1.
I don't think we were in League 2 when they were relegated.

Luton have sold 1,600 tickets so far and they are just going on general sale.
Looking at our online ticket thing I would estimate we have sold about 5,300 so far including season tickets.
If we win Tuesday I expect sales will pick up slightly!

See today from a shrimper retweeting a messege from Mr Tommy Robinson tweeting that he's looking forward to Southend Away! Trouble and Tommy Robinson go hand in hand! If people don't know who he is he's the idiot frontman of EDL.
I'm expecting big police presence hopefully the game goes by without any trouble our club doesn't need any more bad press

The Luton will without a doubt be our highest gate this season. They will sell there allocation for sure and if we win Tuesday it would be a crime for the team not to run out to a full stadium on saturday on the back of 6 wins and a chance to go third.

See today from a shrimper retweeting a messege from Mr Tommy Robinson tweeting that he's looking forward to Southend Away! Trouble and Tommy Robinson go hand in hand! If people don't know who he is he's the idiot frontman of EDL.
I'm expecting big police presence hopefully the game goes by without any trouble our club doesn't need any more bad press

It takes two to Tango!.

Luton have sold about 2,000 now. I see we have been selling a few today, not many left in the East Stand and other areas slowly filling up.

The big question is; with a BIG home gate, warming weather, arrivals (hopefully) early, will the bars run out of the guest ale at 2pm, 2.15 pm or 2.20pm?
Just leaving us with the choice of lager-pop or bottles that will be warm?

I recognise that is a pessimistic post and apologise for that BUT the main bar for East stand does appear to be run in a pretty poor old way despite having seemingly helpful and smiling, if disorganised, staff.:unsure:

I would imagine that Luton fans will come in their droves by car, so parking around the streets surrounding the ground will be difficult, so I would advise everyone to arrive early and get all the spaces before they do. That way they'll kick off with little away support because they'll still be looking for somewhere to park!

:winking:

A lot of tickets will be sold after tomorrow's game if we win if we lose people will probably save money till Play Offs

Back